Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    2 hr+ wait time.

Yep... LFR is dying and that is good.
    Actually, if you queue for any of the earlier tiers on the weekends, the queue is shorter than for SoO. I've been going into T14 raids to burn my Elder Charms and the wait is generally 15-20 minutes.

It's probably a combination of LFR'ers being dicks to tanks and SoO being a little tough for someone in relatively shit gear.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

I have to wonder what the hell Blizzard is thinking, with this kind of design/tuning for LFR. It's almost as if they have a game design death wish.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Does LFR pop by region? I was only in a queue last night for about 20 minutes for SoO3. Went and 1 shotted the 1st two bosses then I had to take off.

Deleted
    My main spec is guardian and my gear is enchanted and gemmed for tanking, but I would rather wait 2 hours in a queue as feral while doing something else than tank LFR. If something goes wrong, anything at all, you are the first person to get kicked. You have almost no impact on how the boss fight actually unfolds as a tank. You can't carry the dps, you can't keep everyone alive through shit which would otherwise kill them. A tank doing a "good job" in LFR is almost identical to a tank doing a mediocre job. You're entirely at the mercy of your group.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would've left after 20 minutes out of depressing boredom.
    Even more now that LFR has lost a large part of its meaning, since timeless gear is superior.
    What kept you in there for that long?

Go make a tank/healer friend, or multiple friends. Not only do you get a shorter queue time but every person you know is one less person in your group that has the chance of being bad or afk bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I would've left after 20 minutes out of depressing boredom.
    Even more now that LFR has lost a large part of its meaning, since timeless gear is superior.
    What kept you in there for that long?
    There are still trinkets, 4 piece sets, weapons and offhands. It is kind of rediculous that they said they took valor gear out to make lfr gear worth pursueing and then put even better burden gear in the game which can drop off an elite frog or a pirate ship that spawns every hour. I maxed out my burden gear in 13 hours. At least Valor gear gave me a 4 month carrot on a stick to chase.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    doesn't matter.
    lfr was created to 'fit it in a lunch break'
    1+ hour queues do not fit that critea.
    Who the hell takes a lunch break at 3am?

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I have to wonder what the hell Blizzard is thinking, with this kind of design/tuning for LFR. It's almost as if they have a game design death wish.
    Yea kinda of seems like it. I came back to try 5.4 and wanted to get into raiding again. I can not get into a flex raid due to item lvl. I really do not care much for the isle and was hoping to use lfr to gear with. Well seeing as how the q does not pop and it's not been a fun experience when it does I am just going to unsub again and maybe come back for the next expansion. Catching up right now is not a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    GC didn't ever say that. That was stated About being able to do 'lunch-time' dungeons, which you can do. Take your bullshit and spin it elsewhere.
    as someone else posted: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...10529852841984

I'll keep spinning my bullshit apparently

but personally I don't have 3 hour lunch breaks like people at blizzard do

Deleted

Do LFR wings really take 3 hours now? I haven't done it since Dragon Soul but those flew by quite fast.

Deleted
    Odd, I got in LFR as DPS in 40min last night

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

I will agree with the assertion that raiding over a lunch break won't always be possible. But I think it is not unreasonable to surmise that the reason the OP's particular queue failed is because it was after 3am.

As a dps I have, this patch, experienced queue times ranging for 3 minutes up to about 40 minutes, mostly under 20 minutes. As a tank I have experienced instant queues 80% of the time, with <5 min queues the other times. This certainly means that if I was raiding over my lunch break, it would certainly have worked out for me most times.

The ability of LFR to form queues will always be dependent on having sufficient people being available to do it and to be completely blunt about it, if there aren't enough tanks/healers to ensure reasonable queue times, it is up to the playerbase to rectify that by electing to play those roles. In a way it's actually a self regulating system, since longer queue times for dps will serve as an incentive for people to go healing and tanking, and also serves as a disincentive for people to abuse tanks and healers (which seems to be, from all the threads on the topic, the chief reason people are reluctant to go with those roles).

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I will agree with the assertion that raiding over a lunch break won't always be possible. But I think it is not unreasonable to surmise that the reason the OP's particular queue failed is because it was after 3am.
    I had a 30-40 minute queue as a healer during the middle of the day on sunday.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    3 dps warriors, 2 dps dks, no tanks, hmm...
    Clearly this is Blizzard's fault.
    And a DPS feral druid.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    My main spec is guardian and my gear is enchanted and gemmed for tanking, but I would rather wait 2 hours in a queue as feral while doing something else than tank LFR. If something goes wrong, anything at all, you are the first person to get kicked. You have almost no impact on how the boss fight actually unfolds as a tank. You can't carry the dps, you can't keep everyone alive through shit which would otherwise kill them. A tank doing a "good job" in LFR is almost identical to a tank doing a mediocre job. You're entirely at the mercy of your group.
    totaly dissagree! I have so much fun in lfr and there is quite a bit you can do. Since you get a raid assist you can toss out /rw during a fight to make everyone notice what you want them to, you have liberal use of any raid cd as no one will tell you when to use them (rallying cry and banner when you see a bunch doing shit they should't like standng in bad stuff), Call out for heroism when you think it's a good time etc etc. Hell I have done /rw get healer up and it worked even thoguh healer was askign in /ra for ages! Good tanks can have a big impact if they 1) take the lead when they get in, 2) are positive and compliment , 3) make sure shit is organised, 4) try to make the group have fun through chat / jokes! You would be suprised hwo many want to have fun but seem to have forgotten that they are alowed to in LFR! Fun =/= being a d-bag however and that shit needs to be squashed asap!

TLDR good tanks can have fun in LFR right now as we are sought after! Go in have fun make chat lively just don't be an ass about it but don't be shy to put d-bags in there place!

10+ Year Old Account
    You will always get awesome lfr queue times at 3am.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    There wasn't a single "hard" fight in SoO LFR if you have even a single braincell left and what you can't deduce after a few tries, DBM will tell you. "The boss will now use an ability, you should probably move - this is amazingly difficult".

With Timeless Isle showering epics, you should have full 496+ no problem - with that gear SoO LFR shouldn't pose any issues, for any one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    TLDR good tanks can have fun in LFR right now as we are sought after! Go in have fun make chat lively just don't be an ass about it but don't be shy to put d-bags in there place!
    Yeah if there's one thing I had to learn when I started tanking pugs, its being friendly and social but also having a thick skin and not being afraid to stand my ground. Which is funny because I'm not at all like that in real life. But at the same time I don't think everyone would be comfortable doing that.

I'm in faster than ever, actually. Takes around 10-20 minutes.
    Mother pus bucket!