Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    Alright you guys obviously don't really understand what hunting is. If you think its more fair to snipe a deer at 150 yards with a rifle than it is to stalk up to the deer within 30 yards and kill it with an arrow.

In which case do you think the deer has a better and more fair chance of catching me and fleeing?
    Fairness means fuck all when you're there to kill it. It doesn't matter if you 'give it a chance', just kill it humanely and be done with it if you really do feel compelled to kill things for your entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I guess his point, at least partly, is that there's no need to hunt with a bow, so it seems like you're doing it for the pain you can do to it. If you hunt primarily for meat, I'm guessing what, you're below the poverty line? No one in the US, even below the poverty line, needs to hunt for meat. Use a rifle or shotgun, much more efficient. No need to make an animal suffer any more than it has to for your sport.
    Bleeding out a deer or what ever you’re hunting isn’t necessarily cruel and is very common. The animal won’t even know what hit them or understand that they are bleeding out. They go into a shock and lose all feeling in that area, much like a human will if a serious injury happens. They bleed out, have short of breath for a minute or two, gasp for their final breath and be gone before you know it.

And killing an animal in the wild is way more humane than buying a burger from McDonalds or the grocery store. The animals living on meat farms suffer 100 times more throughout there lives and don’t even compare in taste.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Deleted
    Alright you guys obviously don't really understand what hunting is. If you think its more fair to snipe a deer at 150 yards with a rifle than it is to stalk up to the deer within 30 yards and kill it with an arrow.

In which case do you think the deer has a better and more fair chance of catching me and fleeing?
    This isn't assassins creed or splinter cell where you get bonus points for killing something in a cool way. You are taking the life of another create, don't be a douche and take it's life as fast as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Well we didn't have to slide the entire way down the slipper slope. They're just suggesting that you could find a compromise between difficulty and humaneness by switching to a rifle, rather than inflicting undue suffering purely for your own enjoyment.
    I've killed thousands of animals with a rifle. I could go out behind my house and kill 20 squirrels in an evening with my .22 if I wanted to. But I don't, I do not enjoy that.

I'd rather go spend 10 hours in the woods and harvest 1 maybe 2 squirrels if I work hard enough and have enough skill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    This isn't assassins creed or splinter cell where you get bonus points for killing something in a cool way. You are taking the life of another create, don't be a douche and take it's life as fast as possible.
    Ah because you know so well what real life is like, and what its like to kill an animal? Or even kill an animal with a bow and an arrow?

You have all the experience in the woods to tell me "this isn't assassins creed".

Your really going to try to lecture me on what real life is like? And what its like to be in the woods and killing animals? As if you know better than me?

Deleted
    I've killed thousands of animals with a rifle. I could go out behind my house and kill 20 squirrels in an evening with my .22 if I wanted to. But I don't, I do not enjoy that.

I'd rather go spend 10 hours in the woods and harvest 1 maybe 2 squirrels if I work hard enough and have enough skill.
    Who cares if you enjoy it? Killing things for your entertainment isn't 'cool', it's pathetic.

Want a challenge? Buy a rifle, head to a 1000+ range and master the weapon and then move on to a new rifle or caliber.

It's illegal here in Sweden. It's been under consideration since the early 2000s when tests where done but no decision has been taken and I doubt it will be allowed anytime soon. If you want to hunt then there are better ways to do it... aka rifles.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    At what point do I just go collect the meat from the grocery store then, why not just let my meat grow up chained to a stake then shot in the head after a few years and butchered on a farm.

Would that be 'more humane'.

Or perhaps it would be more humane to let an animal lead a good wild life as it is supposed to, then after its mated and procreated many times and lead a good free life. I take that animal and feed my self with it, and use everything I can off of it.
    If you lived in my country you'd be arrested for hunting...you can hunt during specific seasons and on specific animals, anything else you'd go to jail. And when they are allowed to hunt, it is to protect the wildlife in general by not overpopulating an area with 1 creature.

So yes, it would be more human to not being a fucking asshole and kill creatures for no other reasons then your own pleasure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares if you enjoy it? Killing things for your entertainment isn't 'cool', it's pathetic.

Want a challenge? Buy a rifle, head to a 1000+ range and master the weapon and then move on to a new rifle or caliber.
    Who said I was killing for entertainment? Are you delusional?

And I'll have you know, I've built my own rifle, and mastered it out to 1000 yards. But that became boring quick, and took very little skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    It's illegal here in Sweden. It's been under consideration since the early 2000s when tests where done but no decision has been taken and I doubt it will be allowed anytime soon.
    xD sweden never ceases to amaze me

I got a question OP: are there a lot of different arrows you can use? and what kind of arrow do you use?

Deleted

And I'll have you know, I've built my own rifle, and mastered it out to 1000 yards. But that became boring quick, and took very little skill.
    And hunting dumb rodents requires great skill?

Pretty much what most people here say, in this day and age where you've got a weapon designed to kill, and lets face it kill quick, using a bow and arrow especially at a beginners level, is just cruel

Edit:

Since I can see the QQ is increasing here I'm just going to add I don't disagree with hunting for food, I just disagree with anyone using a bow and arrow tbh

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Ah because you know so well what real life is like, and what its like to kill an animal? Or even kill an animal with a bow and an arrow?

You have all the experience in the woods to tell me "this isn't assassins creed".

Your really going to try to lecture me on what real life is like? And what its like to be in the woods and killing animals? As if you know better than me?
    Lol, this post seems to point out you really are living in a dreamworld and have played too many games. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that killing something without a reason and it let it suffer for no reason is a douchy thing to do (at least).

Would I kill if I ever get lost in a the wild? Hell yes. But not for my own pleasure.

You have pointed out multiple times you hunt for the thrill of it being challenging. Guess why heroic raiders play WoW.

Go to sleep early tonight and give it some thought.

Deleted

You are killing for your entertainment. You're the delusional one if you're telling yourself otherwise.

You don't live in a country where you need to hunt to survive. It's purely for 'sport', ergo your entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you lived in my country you'd be arrested for hunting...you can hunt during specific seasons and on specific animals, anything else you'd go to jail. And when they are allowed to hunt, it is to protect the wildlife in general by not overpopulating an area with 1 creature.

So yes, it would be more human to not being a fucking asshole and kill creatures for no other reasons then your own pleasure.
    Are you not aware that we have hunting seasons in the united states? That you have to pay good money to purchase a license, and buy tags for animals. And hunt specific animals with specific fire arms at certain times of year?

You seem to think its the wild wild west and we (I) just run around shooting shit for fun with no regard to the wildlife or respect for it habitat and its life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    And hunting dumb rodents requires great skill?
    Obviously much more than you understand.

- - - Updated - - -

You are killing for your entertainment. You're the delusional one if you're telling yourself otherwise.

You don't live in a country where you need to hunt to survive. It's purely for 'sport', ergo your entertainment.
    So I should just be buying all my meat from the store, where the cow was chained to a steak for its entire life, living in its on excrement then at the end of said pitiful life its shot in the head with a hydraulic rod then cut up into nice neat little steaks and sold at the market?

Deleted
    Are you not aware that we have hunting seasons in the united states? That you have to pay good money to purchase a license, and buy tags for animals. And hunt specific animals with specific fire arms at certain times of year?

You seem to think its the wild wild west and we (I) just run around shooting shit for fun with no regard to the wildlife or respect for it habitat and its life.

- - - Updated - - -

Learn to read, I mentioned hunting seasons. Copy pasting what I said and replying it back doesn't help your case of making animals suffering for your pleasure.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

I know more about stalking and camouflage than you ever will, so stop talking down to people you know nothing about. If you think squirrel hunting takes great skill then you need serious training.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    xD sweden never ceases to amaze me
    Well it's basically considered an ineffectiant way to hunt as far as I know. Hunting with rifles is really common though.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So I should just be buying all my meat from the store, where the cow was chained to a steak for its entire life, living in its on excrement then at the end of said pitiful life its shot in the head with a hydraulic rod then cut up into nice neat little steaks and sold at the market?
    Yes you should. There are many things in life I have no control over, and mass production of steaks is one of them. I'm against war as well, but as a normal civilian you don't see me running off to Syria and go shoot up some people to end it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Learn to read, I mentioned hunting seasons. Copy pasting what I said and replying it back doesn't help your case of making animals suffering for your pleasure.
    What? You said "in my country you'd be arrested for hunting, we have hunting seasons here". Implying that you have no knowledge of the fact that we have hunting seasons here in the united states and have to buy hunting licenses and permits.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

OP already said that the sole reason isn't just enjoyment. You can get off his case now. He already said he uses every part of the animal, much like Native Americans did. It's not like he hits the animal with an arrow and giggles about it. If bow hunting is immoral, mankind has been full of the shittiest people since the dawn of recorded history. Humans are predators, and it truly is more fair to the animal to use a bow. A rifle will simply kill the animal before it even realizes it is in danger, without ever seeing its predator. Kind of makes evolution useless. Nice speed, rabbit, I'm just going to shear you in half with ammunition.