Poll: What type of WoW player are you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Intermediate. I have a history of raiding both normal and some heroic content. Unfortunately, like my IRL status, I'm "unemployed" in the game right now and LFR is basically my unemployment. I would like to do higher difficulty content.

Deleted
    In WoW - retired.
    Games I really like - hardcore++ (but there arent many of these and none of them are MMOs)
    Other games I enjoy enough to finish - intermediate to semi-hardcore, depending on the game.

Should I ever return to WoW though.. semi-hardcore. At least thats what I used to be. I only went for best gear, both PvP/PvE but never did the optional stuff or bothered with achievements and mounts or other cosmetic stuff since I already got my favorite ground one - the headless horseman mount.

Deleted
    I'm normal. Everyone else is... different.

Deleted
    Semi-casual I guess. I don't raid or do serious PVP at the moment but I still keep my PVP/PVE gear up to date, read up on tactics and keep track on all current and future content. I'm always trying to keep myself ready to jump straight back into action on a moments notice. I mean, I really go out of my way to be able to do that and yet I haven't touched serious PVE since wotlk or PVP since S10.

Before I started with all this casual nonsense I played like 8-12hours/day. Nowadays I've minimized that to about 4-6hours/day.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-10-28 at 10:23 PM.

I failed to answer my own question I guess.
    Right now I raid 3 days a week, for 4 hours a night. So 12 hours raiding. I play 1 alt that I do flex on and plan to use for raid flexibility. I probably spend 30 ish hours a week on the game, and would consider myself semi-hardcore. I spend a lot of my time in vent just talking to guildies, so my actual time playing and not just running in circles is probably lower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where is the option Ex-Hardcore
    I'm semi-casual I guess, since I still raid 25man albeit only normal and 2 days a week, casual I'd consider non-raiders or 10man normalraiders. Used to raid 24/7 a long while back but I cba anymore.

Casual in pretty much every MMO I play. I can play for long sessions a day but it's just farting around doing dumb things.

I want to learn how to raid though but I'm a scared little baby. What if people yell at me.

Deleted
    dont consider my self anything.
    I log on to raid, I log on at other times to enjoy the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Casual as it gets no raiding no serious pvp no nothing.

I'm gonna say I'm semi hardcore. I play about 35 hours per week.

I'd join a serious pve guild but my particular class and spec isn't actually required that much, and joining a serious pvp guild that doesn rbgs is basically impossible as they all want people with above 2k rating which I don't have nor can I get such a rating cause...see number 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Casual.
    I do what I enjoy, when I enjoy. Sometimes I'm offline for a week, sometimes I'm on every day. I do old content because it's fun and I prefer social atmosphere over competitive one. I also RP occasionally, but am not really an RPer either.

Clear normal content weekly, some heroic 25 and 10 among 3 healer alts. Yea some days I get out of raid, shit, then jump in another, and my guild apps are job applications.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Casual-Hardcore. Oo.

I am semi-casual. I play a LOT, but I avoid any type of activity that requires commitment. I'd rather play at my own pace, going after my own goals.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Casual as it gets these days, flex once a week if I'm not busy on Wednesday. I don't bother with LFR tho, pure WoW cancer.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I am semi-casual. I play a LOT, but I avoid any type of activity that requires commitment. I'd rather play at my own pace, going after my own goals.
    ^This.

I play ~10 hours a day, sometimes more. But I don't do anything that would require a set schedule or commitment to others.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-10-28 at 11:17 PM.

Intermediate. I have too many alts @ 90 with maxed professions to claim otherwise, and will add another before the expansion is over. (and I'll bet that half the folks who ticked the 'casual' box are in the same boat)

I play like 140 hours a week.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    i am a hardcore casual :-)
    only do casual stuff (no raiding, no lfr, no flex, no pana rep, no legendary cloak...) but while i am leveling some toon for example i try to play it perfect :-)

for me online time has nothing to do if you are hardcore or casual...

for me hardcore players do hardcore stuff like max level heroic raiding, no matter if 10 or 100h / week.
    Last edited by mmoc7b2de5bfc5; 2013-10-28 at 11:19 PM.

Deleted
    I would say semi-hardcore. Raiding 12h a week, maybe few more hours when not raiding. Starting heroics this week. Intermediate would work too.