Beauty tips & help thread

A place to post for help, recommend and give reviews on all things beauty weather it's tanning, hair, hair removal, skin, whatever else. Or sharing wacky and bad experiences as well as good ones.

- - - Updated - - -

The tip i got for the day is never use Epilators....I got the Braun Silk and gave it a whirl and the pain is really intense. I managed to battle threw the legs but once it got time to do anywhere else it's to much. I even put numbing cream around the bikini area and i bite down on a towel ready for war and i actually had a pile of blood everywhere coming out from the thick pores were the hair was getting pulled out...Looked like a cat got murdered... So right now i just got patches everywhere with irritated red bumps..Couldn't take anymore. Now i must wax!! Should feel like sunshine after that experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I've used an epilator on my legs (haven't been brave enough to try it elsewhere ), I found that after the first couple of uses, it's much less painful.
    My tip for nail care and healthy nails: cuticles, take good care of them. Moisturise often and for the love of kittems, don't cut them! Just moisturise and gently push back.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Exfoliate and moisturize on a daily basis. Easiest way to end up with acne is thinking that you should dry your face out. No. Drying it out just causes it to produce more oils. Moisturize!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Exfoliate and moisturize on a daily basis. Easiest way to end up with acne is thinking that you should dry your face out. No. Drying it out just causes it to produce more oils. Moisturize!
    That's a problem i have to many times..I get to dried out and i forget to moisturize before bed. Thanks for the reminder!! :P

Do any of you know of any good numbing cream that's potent and not to crazy on price?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    My skin dries out ridiculously easily, twice a day moisturising for me! I only exfoliate once a week, dries my skin out too much othewise. Cleanse, tone and moisturise is definitely a daily ritual though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    OT: Know the benefits of Aloe Vera gel.
    This stuff is great.

Is there any way for a gnome to appear less creepy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post
    Is there any way for a gnome to appear less creepy?
    Impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You shouldn't exfoliate everyday. That can cause skin damage/dryness. Once to twice a week is fine, or if you have sensitive skin, every other week.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: Know the benefits of Aloe Vera gel.
    I need to scrub my face twice a day or i get way to much dead skin build up...Especially on my nose.