Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What Liberal Bias?

For all the partisan lackeys that didn't know before, a recent study confirmed the obvious fact that the media has neither a liberal or a conservative bias, but rather an ESTABLISHMENT bias in favor of whoever is in charge of the government. Principles go out the window when it becomes convenient. The mainstream media is just a tool used to foster obedience and create divisiveness between the people.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given all the negative coverage of the ACA in the press and the lack of coverage of the positive things going on with it, I'm going to go ahead and hold to my line that the media as a subscription bias. They will print whatever will drive up readership.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

I generally concur with that. I'm sure it will be met from some corners with cries that the media was totally mean to Bush. My response would be that they weren't anywhere close to as mean as they should have been, but were as charitable as can be imagined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I generally concur with that. I'm sure it will be met from some corners with cries that the media was totally mean to Bush. My response would be that they weren't anywhere close to as mean as they should have been, but were as charitable as can be imagined.
    The media was very pro-Iraq war for a long time. People often forget that.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Given all the negative coverage of the ACA in the press and the lack of coverage of the positive things going on with it, I'm going to go ahead and hold to my line that the media as a subscription bias. They will print whatever will drive up readership.
    they are attacking the ACA law and the roll out but very few critical stories about Obama him self not till he was caught in his lie of you can keep your plan
    other reason the media cant cover for him anymore because this law personally and negatively affects the public and the public is hungry for information that will personally effects them and also it now is in pop culture as a joke and a failure

It goes like this:

MSNBC = caters to Liberals
    FOX news = caters to Republicans/Tea Party
    CNN/Rest of the media = caters towards whatever controversy is that can get them the most ratings at that moment...

Well in the US you have your liberal and conservative bias. It just happens to be the libereal establishment and the conservative one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    It goes like this:

MSNBC = caters to Liberals
    FOX news = caters to Republicans/Tea Party
    CNN/Rest of the media = caters towards whatever controversy is that can get them the most ratings at that moment...
    I thought it not being Fox News automatically made it the liberal media? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll agree up until Fox News. Fox is always conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I thought it not being Fox News automatically made it the liberal media? :P
    Hehe - well, that's Tea Party logic for you. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Hehe - well, that's Tea Party logic for you. :P
    Tea Party logic is that Fox has a liberal bias. Then again when you're wall fucking the right so hard to try to go even farther right than was known possible, everything tends to have a left bias.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    It goes like this:

MSNBC = caters to their corporate overlords
    FOX news = caters to Rupert Murdoch
    CNN/Rest of the media = caters to their corporate overlords
    Some slight corrections.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    FOX news = caters to Rupert Murdoch
    Are Australia and the US the only countries where he has a large media sway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post

Other than owning The Times, this listing suggests that is the case.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

a conservative bias is an establishment bias

The media is a business; business needs to cater to its customers. Most customers, ideologically, are in the middle. Certain media outlets will go after niche markets (MSNBC, Fox News), but "The Media" as a whole is pretty smack-dab in the center, where the customers are. This is why if you are conservative, the media is clearly a bunch of bleeding-heart hippies and if you are liberal, the media is obviously a puppet of their corporate overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    The media was very pro-Iraq war for a long time. People often forget that.
    The democrats, including Hillary Clinton, were pro-Iraq war and voted for the war. People forget that. The mainstream liberal press turned against the war at the same the democrats did. Remember John Kerry saying "I was for the war before I was against it."

Once the democrats decided they had an angle to defeat republicans on the Iraq war, they flipped their opinion of the war and the media ran cover for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Other than owning The Times, this listing suggests that is the case.
    Also BSkyB http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSkyB although I think he passed the reigns to his spawn James.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    The democrats, including Hillary Clinton, were pro-Iraq war and voted for the war. People forget that. The mainstream liberal press turned against the war at the same the democrats did. Remember John Kerry saying "I was for the war before I was against it."

Once the democrats decided they had an angle to defeat republicans on the Iraq war, they flipped their opinion of the war and the media ran cover for them.
    Here's the difference. In the Democratic party now its a liability to have supported the War.

In the GOP its a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    For all the partisan lackeys that didn't know before
    We didn't start the flame war, rite?
    Can't you find better language then that?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

If you are wondering where the liberal bias is, you need to ask the correct questions...

1. name current TV shows, movies, etc., that portray Christian religious figures such as priests and nuns in a positive light, and atheists in a negative light.
    2. Count the number of instances where a priest or nun was portrayed as a town elder, a guide, someone that the people can turn to for guidance and help. It pretty much never happens. There is your liberal bias.
    3. Count the tv shows, movies, etc, that portray the private sector and corporations as just and good fighting against evil big government. You can count this on...one hand maybe?
    4. Count the tv shows, movies, etc., that portray big government as just and good fighting against evil corporations. This is all over the place!

5. Name me the top 5 current performances by an actor or actress who played a priest or a nun in a leading role, or as a good upstanding citizen and civic leader. I'm sure you can't even THINK of 5, let alone discriminate between good and bad performances. That's a media blackout by liberals who don't even want to acknowledge clergy exist.

83% of the United States is christian. Yet, you cannot even think of hardly any (even one????) current A-list actor or actress who had a prominent role as a priest or nun. Just stop and think about how biased that is. Hollywood is so far to the left of the country that they cannot even include such characters as positive role models in works of popular fiction.

So tell me again, what liberal bias....