Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Moonkin abilities for next xpac?

I saw a similar thread in the DK forum, and I wanted to see if anyone has any cool ideas for next xpac for Balance droods!
    I can't think of something off the top of my head, but I feel like balance druids are missing something at the moment in terms of playstyle. Agree/Disagree?
    What are you hoping for in the next xpac?
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

An AOE that will always be good without using CDs or prepairing for it.

AOE abilities for sure

Deleted
    I want moonkin to become BOOOOoooomkin! with the power to destroy everything with a single blow!

And I also want the ability to tank FIVE, five gorillas!

and don't forget (eventhoughe it will probably be nerfed in a future patch) EPIC, epic flightform!

Quote Originally Posted by narendal94 View Post
    Yes please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Completely agree. I don't care what they have to do for it, but we just crap when it comes to AOE. multi dotting can only get you so far, and then hurricane is a dps loss unless its a good bit of adds. This is surely something they will have to look at, I hope?

Yeah... Maybe change our mushroom to something like the resto mushroom, e.g it gets bigger the more dots are ticking, and does a big explosion? Then again, we're back at preparing for aoe... Tricky.
    How about hurricane is dropped like a rain of fire, and it has a chance to proc starsurges for every target it hits? So with enough targets you'll just spam starsurges.
    Last edited by Chaosturn; 2013-10-24 at 02:23 PM.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

I want to always be in an eclipse. Better single target in lunar, better aoe in solar. Obviously moonfire/starfire in lunar and wrath/sunfire in solar. Basically just get rid of the dead zone between eclipses.

Calling it. Moonbeam and Sunfall.

Get rid of NG.

Quote Originally Posted by narendal94 View Post
    Seconded. I'd also like to see the splash damage back on Starfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I want to always be in an eclipse. Better single target in lunar, better aoe in solar. Obviously moonfire/starfire in lunar and wrath/sunfire in solar. Basically just get rid of the dead zone between eclipses.
    Great idea, but not sure how this would fall into our playstyle. Seems to simplified.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarasin View Post
    Calling it. Moonbeam and Sunfall.
    gg

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Get rid of NG.
    Would you then suggest building this into our spec as a base % increase?

Quote Originally Posted by bobkin View Post
    Great idea, but not sure how this would fall into our playstyle. Seems to simplified.
    It wouldn't really change our playstyle much. NG would still force us to keep cycling. It would only remove a potential source of player error, but one that's glaringly obvious to anybody who spends the time to figure out what eclipse even does.

Quote Originally Posted by bobkin View Post
    Would you then suggest building this into our spec as a base % increase?
    Just get rid of it in some way. If they want to make it baseline or remove it completely it doesn't matter since the scaling for everything changes and will be re-balanced for the new level cap.

Better aoe, to apply both dots at the same time or something like that. Hurricane and shrooms are nothing compared to aoe of some other classes. Lock/ rogues / hunters can push 2mill dps at the start of some fights ( lots of adds ofc )...

Ability to cast some spell while moving would be amazing. im sick an tired of canceling casting when i need to move from sh*t on the ground.

Ability to stack procs from starsurge so we dont waste our procs. In PVP that would be a prob, but it can be fixed with diminishing returns. in PvE i dont see a prob, locks can have crits of 2mill why can't we have 3x 600k hit ( if all 3 are crit )...

A less boring Starfall would be nice. A less boring Hurricane too. Basically the AoE is incredibly boring aside from shrooms.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Return the AoE component of Starfall!

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Return the AoE component of Starfall!
    Yes please :P

Id like to see a nice AOE its all we kinda really need now. Maybe make Shrooms work as "if you are in X eclipse you put the dot on every target" and maybe if X number of targets is dotted with same dot our hurricane does more damage or ticks faster.

Shrooms spreading dots would be fantastic, but it would be too similar to pestilence.. and likely not going to happen.

Stacking shooting stars procs should already be allowed. Seeing it would be amazing. Halving the duration though would be a great idea for PvP.

Getting rid of NG would be a terrible idea, it completely changes the play style and devolves us back to eclipse sitting.

Changing SotF to proc slightly more often and have the proc stack would be a nice change.

Would be curious to see an ability that caused everything to be instant cast, giving them a GCD equivalent to their cast time.. so its not a DPS increase but can be cast while moving/etc.

AE Starfall again would be beautiful

10+ Year Old Account
    Id like to see hurricane/astral storm placed like rain of fire, putting more focus on mushrooms and an old style of typhoon for aoe.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee