Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Oh my, I hope you didn't pop a blood vessel.

First, I'm afraid you're mistaken friend. We didn't get any strat from any Chinese guild. Not this time. I mean, we have before, and it's paid off immensely. And German guilds usually do incredibly creative stuff. But no, not this time.

It's funny this thread exists. Yesterday, before this thread was created, I was talking to a guildly about how hilariously lazy many guilds are. I wonder how many guild forums in their strat section have videos from just Blood Legion, Method and one other. How conventional. How lazy. How boring. How one dimentional. You look at one video, assume it's done some way, and think it's the only way. I'll tell you what I do. I look at the usual suspects that everyone else does. Then I have a set of guilds I look at, always better progressed than us who do really out of the box stuff. And I watch carefully and read their logs. I try to be challenged, and break expectations. I get happy when I see some guild do something Method doesn't because it makes me think about the fight and mechanic from a new angle.

This entire thing is being sore about looking at one way of killing it and not stopping for a second and asking the obvious question "can this be the only way?". Like almost any fights, the WoW Raiding community got a minority report in the form of this strat. You just didn't think to ask for a copy of it. Big mistake. Now you're losing a "mediocre" 4 day a week guild. As a 5 day a week? Ouch.

So instead of being a poor and classless loser about losing a spot fair and square, you should take a hard look friend at how you approached Paragons. Furthermore I'd love to hear how you, maybe us, and every guild that killed Paragons up to this point using the "standard" strat didn't "steal" it from Method or whoever created it. Unless you're world first, are you not informing your strat by what those who went before you have done in general?

Nice talkin to ya.
    Yea, ya did actually steal it. Same guild HIJ stole it off of that did it 2 weeks ago and hopped up 8 or so ranks. Or is it just a coincidence that two barely top 25 guilds jumped past 15? Guilds that spent 30% more time on nearly every other boss? Both of which coincidentally started hiding logs on paragons(They actually had a log showing them doing it up, got hidden the next day).

Figured blizzard would label it an exploit like half the other bop work arounds, particularly because its makes paragons a 2 boss fight down from 3. Naturally they thought updating the RAF system was a better use of their time than fixing one of the many bugs on paragons. Trying to pass off the tank damage as somehow balancing out cutting half the complexity out of the fight is one of two things, you being full of shit, or your healers/tanks being shit. That might fly with some of the flubs on here but not with anyone who actually knows the game.

The next two paragraphs are you being that old asian guy on one of the street corners in every major city trying to convince retards that the quarter million worth of rollex's you have in your coat are real so forgive me if i don't humor you with a response on those.

Gonna restate this since you didn't notice this the first 2 times i said it in my last post. THAT STRAT WAS DONE BY A CHINESE GUILD 2 WEEKS AGO WHO UPLOADED THE VIDEO YOU STOLE IT FROM. Anyone who raids has seen it, people havn't done it simply to avoid being either banned or have it hotfixed during progression and having to re-learn the fight. Again, congrats on spiking to the highest your mediocre guild will ever be by using a chessy strat.

If you think I'm wrong about this, garrosh takes 1-1 1/2 weeks to kill. Prove me wrong and go anywhere but down. Do that and I'll congratulate you on a tier well done.

I'll agree with you on that last part, every strat is stolen past PTR, to some degree anyway. The difference is, I have no problem saying that the bones of our strats were copied off someone, you're trying to sling cheap knockoffs as your own design. Flaming the "One directional thinking" that you're a part of.

-Wycked
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    -snip-
    Not that I really give a shit about this whole thing, but holy shit, go outside or something. This has to be the biggest nerd rage I have ever seen. You are getting so worked up over 15th place or something like that? In the US no-less where there are very few good guilds.

Calm down buddy, US 15 or US 30, both of those are still garbage but I'm sure you can come here and justify saying that you raid 2 hours a night for 2 nights or something to make yourself feel better too. Talk about fighting about your placing in the special olympics, geez.

Yea, ya did actually steal it. Same guild HIJ stole it off of that did it 2 weeks ago and hopped up 8 or so ranks. Or is it just a coincidence that two barely top 25 guilds jumped past 15? Guilds that spent 30% more time on nearly every other boss? Both of which coincidentally started hiding logs on paragons(They actually had a log showing them doing it up, got hidden the next day).
    We got it from Echos kill video, and we were US 19 before Paragons.
    Last edited by CausalXXLinkXx; 2013-11-02 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    We got it from Echos kill video, and we were US 19 before Paragons.
    Was more a post about the sheep claiming to be smarter than it was than about the actual strat. And unless my reading skills have degraded you were 20th :P was 3 off.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    This is nothing like Primordius. That was simply not doing any fight mechanics. This just changes the strat to deal with different mechanics - all the mechanics are still there and dealt with (indeed, isn't it Korven's buff that is used by the skeer tank post-Korven? Thus it is being used the way it was clearly designed?). Nothin cheesy about it. I'd actually say intended. Cheesy is the old Shaman AG Tsulong thing. Cheesy is the 10m Dark Animus zerg strat. Cheesy was Nourshen when 5.4 hit.

There is absolutely nothing cheesy about this. And 70 pulls is nothing on the boss by the way. That's like 2 days.
    In my mind it's actually worse than Primordius - you did nothing extra on Primordius, you just sat on the boss. All of the mechanics were still there, except for killing the oozes. The dps check for the strat was still fairly high and his mutate abilities went off. Here, you go out of your way to BoP a tank and remove the only mechanic Skeer has, making the fight have only a single dangerous mechanic at a time. It's not "walk in and 3 shot the boss" easier, but it IS easier and unintended.

I'm not damning guilds that did or are going to use the BoP strat, I'm just expressing my disappointment that a cheesy strategy like this exists for a fight as good as paragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Not that I really give a shit about this whole thing, but holy shit, go outside or something. This has to be the biggest nerd rage I have ever seen. You are getting so worked up over 15th place or something like that? In the US no-less where there are very few good guilds.

Calm down buddy, US 15 or US 30, both of those are still garbage but I'm sure you can come here and justify saying that you raid 2 hours a night for 2 nights or something to make yourself feel better too. Talk about fighting about your placing in the special olympics, geez.
    If you think barely 3 paragraphs of geek logic is the biggest nerd rage you've ever seen I feel sorry for your childhood. Used to throw my friends/get thrown into the pool over halo competitions. That was nerd rage

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    a fight as good as paragons.
    This better be sarcasm. I don't see what's good about a fight that is is ridden with bugs and one round mechanics, coupled with insane tank damage. There is nothing hard about this fight besides the numbers being thrown at you.

If you think barely 3 paragraphs of geek logic is the biggest nerd rage you've ever seen I feel sorry for your childhood. Used to throw my friends/get thrown into the pool over halo competitions. That was nerd rage
    So you played halo by your pool, so you could toss them in it when you lose? What? That's not nerd rage, that's just being retarded kids.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2013-11-02 at 10:24 AM.

This better be sarcasm. I don't see what's good about a fight that is is ridden with bugs and one round mechanics, coupled with insane tank damage. There is nothing hard about this fight besides the numbers being thrown at you.
    Not really, I enjoy the fight. The bugs are annoying sure, but it's still a good fight overall imo.

So you played halo by your pool, so you could toss them in it when you lose? What? That's not nerd rage, that's just being retarded kids.
    Oh look another insignificant with an opinion. Goodie

REF Frozen
    Amen,
    one of the best fights in a while barring the pseudo exploits

Was more a post about the sheep claiming to be smarter than it was than about the actual strat. And unless my reading skills have degraded you were 20th :P was 3 off.
    We were us 19th, the guild that killed siegecrafter 19th didn't kill thok, skipping him to work on siegecrafter. We had already killed thok at that time, so we were 19th. To some people 19th isn't that great, which is fine, but I don't think that's barely top 25

We were us 19th, the guild that killed siegecrafter 19th didn't kill thok, skipping him to work on siegecrafter. We had already killed thok at that time, so we were 19th. To some people 19th isn't that great, which is fine, but I don't think that's barely top 25
    Someone skipped thok to do siege? I rescind my previous statement then regarding HIJ :P. Ya'll are lame for using the bop strat though...lol

Oh look another insignificant with an opinion. Goodie
    I hate to break it to you, but you are as "insignificant" as I am, unless you think your US 15th? kill makes you a complete bad-ass, hence why your "rage post" was retarded. Don't want to have you dunking me in pools though, oh man.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryk View Post
    Echoes* /10char
    And yes Echoes, I apologize! We basically were like "How the fuck did they get 0 bloods" and then kinda worked out "Well, we bop the first bloodletting... what prevents you from doing all of them?" and that's that.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone skipped thok to do siege? I rescind my previous statement then regarding HIJ :P. Ya'll are lame for using the bop strat though...lol
    Nurfed did, I couldn't believe it when I saw that too, I mean, props for getting siege first, but damn must not have had healers.

And yes Echoes, I apologize! We basically were like "How the fuck did they get 0 bloods" and then kinda worked out "Well, we bop the first bloodletting... what prevents you from doing all of them?" and that's that.

- - - Updated - - -

Nurfed did, I couldn't believe it when I saw that too, I mean, props for getting siege first, but damn must not have had healers.
    Yea, thats crazy. Thok was a 1 night if you had the healers for it no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate to break it to you, but you are as "insignificant" as I am, unless you think your US 15th? kill makes you a complete bad-ass, hence why your "rage post" was retarded. Don't want to have you dunking me in pools though, oh man.
    I don't think I'm a bad ass; I think you're another troll that is stuck on siegecrafter, bashing a fight you've never done, mocking someone you can't compete with. The summation of these makes you insignificant.

I don't think I'm a bad ass; I think you're another troll that is stuck on siegecrafter, bashing a fight you've never done, mocking someone you can't compete with. The summation of these makes you insignificant.
    Lol, ok. I could tell you I killed the fight way before you did, but I would be "trolling" eh? Me posting about stuff on the fight is all just based on my assumption though. Just me having a good ol' time posting about a fight I haven't done. Keep being delusional though if it makes you happy, just like thinking US 15th is a big deal when it's really not. Maybe you should type up another rage post about why your guild deserves a medal for fighting paragons the right way, and how evil will not prevail when it comes time to end garrosh's reign of terror.

Lol, ok. I could tell you I killed the fight way before you did, but I would be "trolling" eh? Me posting about stuff on the fight is all just based on my assumption though. Just me having a good ol' time posting about a fight I haven't done. Keep being delusional though if it makes you happy, just like thinking US 15th is a big deal when it's really not. Maybe you should type up another rage post about why your guild deserves a medal for fighting paragons the right way, and how evil will not prevail when it comes time to end garrosh's reign of terror.
    Oh really? Here I was thinking you were a raid leader for a mediocre 10 man guild based on your previous posts. So which is it? Do us a favor 10 man hero. Read the thread title and crawl back into whatever hole you came from.

Ok guys I made an account just to make a PSA that DIing Razorgore isn't an exploit, it's just clever use of game mechanics.

Carry on

Edit: Oh and also tanking Gara'jal half in the wall is totally legit too

And uhhhhhhh I think changing a few game files to skip to C'thun is smiled upon by Blizzard too
    Last edited by Reqlol; 2013-11-02 at 11:13 AM.

Oh really? Here I was thinking you were a raid leader for a mediocre 10 man guild based on your previous posts. So which is it? Do us a favor 10 man hero. Read the thread title and crawl back into whatever hole you came from.
    I do both. Though my 25 man is further than my 10 man at the moment (14/14 hc 25 man and 11/14 hc 10 man). I raid lead my 10 man but not the 25 man, by the way.

10 or 25? Having done both I can say if you are 25 don't really sweat it and just have good healing cooldowns planned out and a way to handle bats. My 25 man group did it in about 15 attempts seeing it for the first time on heroic, and another guild on my server did it in about 20. Once you clear bats you should kill the fight barring getting hit by yeti. With gear now the fight isn't that bad. 10 man though...

In 10 man you definitely need to control fixates. As people have said there's a min/max range so if you are in that range you won't get double fixated unless everyone else is inside that range too.
    This is a post I made about Thok Heroic on 10-14, but I'm sure I anticipated you calling me out on this so I made it in advance to "troll" you.

Honestly I couldn't care less about proving anything to someone as mediocre as you. Nice parses by the way. I'm sure you are kept in your top tier US 15th guild because of your outstanding plays, since your DPS is definitely nothing to write home about. Carry on bitching, it would be silly for me at this point to go back and forth with you.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2013-11-02 at 11:17 AM.

Deleted
    Honestly, this fight is pure AIDS by itself. They might some stuff how to make a bit easier, but in general it wont help you much.