Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I dont understand why people are so weary of time travel. Time travel was explained excellently in Family Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    Putting Draenor together again is like putting a jigsaw back together after it's been at the center of several nuclear explosions.
    My thought process isn't that it would be put together like a jigsaw in present time. Maybe we will explore draenor in present time because of a time machine tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...how many Orcs and Humans do you think managed to get off of Draenor before Ner'Zhul destroyed it? Would it be feasible to say that enough of his lieutenants got through to whatever world they wound up on and carried on slaying stuff like Orcs do? (Lets assume KJ just grabbed Ner'Zhul at that point to turn him into the Lich King, and didnt give a damn about the rest of the Orc Host for a minute) Would those Orcs now be Warlords of Draenor? Would it also be much of a stretch to assume Alleria and Turalyon (and a group of other Sons of Lothar troops) managed to follow them too?

Thats my spin on things - pre xpack event is OLD OLD Orc troops attacking through portals (Gotta assume they are mad pissed about what the Humans have done since Warcraft 2) from whatever planet Blizzard decides to throw out there, Horde quests could be given from some kind of interrogator with a couple caged Old Orcs in Orgrimmar, Alliance from messengers from Alleria/Turalyon (Who knows, Arator could pop up) in Stormwind.

When it drops we manage to get a portal stabilised from Outland (you know, the half dozen inactive Dark Portals around - maybe the Nagrand one, that looks nice) and jump into leveling and smashing indigenous life and these Old Orcs. Only thing I can see wrong with this is its kinda another filler like MoP but eh. Could end up culminating in the Legion catching wind of it and boom, theres our end tier and next expack. Timewalking stuff could be waved away as something to catch players up with old lore - maybe have a handful of Caverns of Time Instances/Raids covering stuff from WC2 and beyond (stuff that we havent seen) - being able to run old world content at the advised level could be a byproduct of this too - explain it as some of their experiments in Timewalking?

I think this is more logical than having a full on Time Travel expansion, gives chance for some great new lore, the Alleria/Turalyon crowd get their boners sated and so do the legion crowd. Win win?
    Last edited by MxLionheart; 2013-11-02 at 10:26 PM.

Deleted
    Now why isn't anyone talking about possible playable Ogres?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorebelly da Warboss View Post
    Now why isn't anyone talking about possible playable Ogres?!
    There's a thread for that already.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kasumi View Post
    You are the cancer of World of Warcraft.
    Go back to playing Call of Duty. It suits you better.
    Sounds more like you're the cancer, if that's the case. Having fantastic lore in an awful game results in a sales flop and a premature end to the story.

Im not convinced we have the true details of the xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Scram View Post
    Im not convinced we have the true details of the xpac.
    We most definitely do not know all the details. At this point it's speculation on a trademark title. Everything else could be close but is probably very subjective.

I'm open to anything that doesn't involve time travel or an Orc as the main villain. Cata's version of time travel to acquire the Dragon Soul was the weakest attempt I've ever seen in any form of media.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    I'm open to anything that doesn't involve time travel or an Orc as the main villain. Cata's version of time travel to acquire the Dragon Soul was the weakest attempt I've ever seen in any form of media.
    I still think that was done to add additional presence to Azshara who was intended to be the villain of Expansion 4 before it was replaced by MoP.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I still think that was done to add additional presence to Azshara who was intended to be the villain of Expansion 4 before it was replaced by MoP.
    It wasnot replaced, the theme and the lore of the expansions are worked with years prior its release, It is not that they planned to make an expansion 4 based on Azhara and throw it and pop Pandarea from nowhere, specially considering that this dungeon was released in the last patch of Cata

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Micrologist View Post
    WoW: The Burning Crusade was only a setback.

As Warcraft 3 : reign of chaos was also a setback

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, this sounds more like a card game expansion or something - it would explode the battles during the Burning Crusade between the different factions vying for control of Outland - Illidan's army and his various lieutenants, the Legion, and the Alliance and Horde heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Honestly, this sounds more like a card game expansion or something - it would explode the battles during the Burning Crusade between the different factions vying for control of Outland - Illidan's army and his various lieutenants, the Legion, and the Alliance and Horde heroes.
    Well the trademark says that it is a software, which discard book or card game, so the only options are:

-Hearthstone exp
    -The new WOW exp
    -Warcraft 4
    -An spin off game from the Warcraft series

I am not counting it as the new name of Heroes of the Storm since "Draenor" is exclusive of the Warcraft series, and the game has elements of all major IPs from Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people hypothosized about what MoP would be, and people (rightfully) assumed there would pandaren, there were people who raged at it, insulting the people who posted it, not because they didn't believe, but because they didn't want it, and somehow felt people making these guesses were going to make it happen. If they could stop them, they could stop the pandaren xpac. At the time, I thought they were crazy, rude, and just awful people.

As I read all the suposed leaks, that this xpac will focus on time travel and many, many orcs, with Garrosh as the final boss again, I now understand those people. The concept makes me want to rage. I trust blizzard, I love their game. While Cata is my least favorite of the xpacs, I still had imense fun playing it. I don't want another Garrosh themed story, and I know that someone "leaking" that info doesn't actually affect what Blizzard will do. Still, I get angry reading it for some reason.

So I'd just like to appologize to the pandaren/mop haters pre-announcement, I now get where you were coming from.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

15+ Year Old Account
    Hope everyone is happy with the revelation, once and for all, bar none, that this is our expansion. Sounds like some pretty cool stuff is coming our way.

Also, told ya so!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://prntscr.com/22rz4e

Interesting background on the monitor behind them, I'm not familiar with the zone, looks like Pandaria but I don't really know for sure.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    http://prntscr.com/22rz4e

Interesting background on the monitor behind them, I'm not familiar with the zone, looks like Pandaria but I don't really know for sure.
    Pretty sure that's the Jade Forest. I almost thought it was Nagrand and freaked out.