Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    High Elves for Alliance or none at all. I want to see Alleria as their racial leader (just as how Vereesa is the leader of the Silver Covenant high elves) and what they've been up to while they've been absent.

High Elves for Horde. High Elves for Alliance. Highh Elves form new 3rd Faction. Blood Elves are now automatically High Elves. All races are automatically High Elves. Game is now World of High Elves. Expansion is Wrath of the High Elves' Burning-Panda Crusaderclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Ethereal: No thanks, I want my armor to show.
    Arakkoa: Why do people want this? Seriously awful race.
    Ogre: Yes.
    High Elf: Yes.
    Broken: Sure why not.
    Defected Legion race: Yes please!
    Naga: Okay. But I suspect they wont get boots or leggings that show.
    Half-ogre: Yes.
    Wretched: Yes.

At any rate the Horde race needs to be Sporelings.
    I think naga will be shape shifters with human forms, like worgen

SUPER MEAT BOY!!!!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondance View Post
    They would have Elven forms, since Nagas are originally Highborne.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    High Elves for Horde. High Elves for Alliance. Highh Elves form new 3rd Faction. Blood Elves are now automatically High Elves. All races are automatically High Elves. Game is now World of High Elves. Expansion is Wrath of the High Elves' Burning-Panda Crusaderclysm.
    ..yeah.. You can choose not to play as one if you so desire, did you know that? If there's no race you particularly want to see introduced, then why do you even care? Can't stand other people having fun?

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now this I could get behind. It would have to be to Highborne not Human though .

Great idea!

Deleted
    I would be so underwhelmed if Ogres come as playable race.

Etherals or something new would be great!

Naga aren't shapeshifters. Nor would they have Elven forms, as at this point I doubt there are many Naga left who were originally highborne Elves at this point, due to reproduction.

New races would steal the spotlight from the new Vanilla models or vice versa.

I don't see the point of adding new races when we're getting 8 new vanilla race models. Seems sort of pointless.
    Considering that they have said that they will most likely roll out the models through the next expansion, a new race isn't going to "steal the spotlight", as new models most likely won't be a launch feature.

And iuf a new race is "going to steal the spotlight", then obviously the new models aren't that great if they can't stand on their own.
    Last edited by Cradix; 2013-11-02 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Ethereal: No thanks, I want my armor to show.
    Arakkoa: Why do people want this? Seriously awful race.
    Naga: Okay. But I suspect they wont get boots or leggings that show.
    what makes you think armor wouldnt show on ethereal? they already wear npc armor ingame thats just a dumb argument to think that

why? because arrakoa are awesome, all the good arrakoa are already allied with the alliance, and they have an interesting culture and history, they also are connected to the old gods which gives them future plot potential

what makes you think boots and leggings dont show? worgen trolls draenei and tauren dont wear boots do they not have anything show? no they get bracers on their legs. and leggings? pants already work on naga, all they have to do is take the pattern and turn it into one solid pattern instead of two leggings. have it wrap around. and before someone brings it up, look up side saddle. naga have no ingame issues preventing them from being implemented
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

You can't have High Elves depicted in game because there's no possible way for a race to exist in the World of Warcraft that isn't defined by blatant political alignments. Also I don't like the idea because I started playing during TBC and I don't see why the Alliance, a faction no one in my guild plays, should be given access to my anime haircuts.

There's been twelve pages of this now. Twelve. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post
    You can't have High Elves depicted in game because there's no possible way for a race to exist in the World of Warcraft that isn't defined by blatant political alignments. Also I don't like the idea because I started playing during TBC and I don't see why the Alliance, a faction no one in my guild plays, should be given access to my anime haircuts.

There's been twelve pages of this now. Twelve. :|
    Humans have had access to anime haircuts for a very long time. Since Cataclysm I believe. =) They don't have them at character creation screen, but more haircuts are available at barbershop.

Horde: Ogres
    Alliance: Arakkoa/High Elves

If it's a time travel'y expansion I doubt we'd see new races. Can't have races from an alternate timeline join us, hell no!

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    what makes you think armor wouldnt show on ethereal? they already wear npc armor ingame thats just a dumb argument to think that

why? because arrakoa are awesome, all the good arrakoa are already allied with the alliance, and they have an interesting culture and history, they also are connected to the old gods which gives them future plot potential

what makes you think boots and leggings dont show? worgen trolls draenei and tauren dont wear boots do they not have anything show? no they get bracers on their legs. and leggings? pants already work on naga, all they have to do is take the pattern and turn it into one solid pattern instead of two leggings. have it wrap around. and before someone brings it up, look up side saddle. naga have no ingame issues preventing them from being implemented
    Isn't ethereal armor their wrappings? So would you put armor over the wrappings or replace the wrappings? If they are missing the wrappings, they don't look very iconic anymore. I'd imagine they'd look like those purple gas monsters in Vortex Pinnacle. Seems rather ho-hum to me.

Arrakoa have decent lore. I just don't like the appearance for a playable race and think there are better options. Their voices would get so irritating too.

Hey, if they can make Naga work, then go for it. Was just pointing out some difficulties.

This isn't "I'm right and you're wrong" so don't take it that way. Just opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    The races must be either:
    -High Elves/Ethereals for Alliance
    -Brown Orcs/Ogres for Horde.

Or they could pull off Ethereals for both factions, but I doubt it as neutral Pandarens were always referred to as the one-time experiment because both factions wanted them.

I'm not sure why so many posts about Arakkoa. Since when did they become a thing? Can't recall them being demanded like ever. High Elves were always demanded, Ogres are wanted and almost confirmed, Ethereals were always a popular choice, so are outland orcs. But Arakkoas? I think they're boring as a race and annoying as enemies/npcs in TBC.
    Did you really just say Arakkoas would be a boring race? I know that's your opinion, but how can you say that when you're asking for High Elves? High Elves shouldn't even be an option. Why would anyone want ANOTHER Elf race, and on top of that, a recolored B-elf race with blue eyes? I don't understand anyone's logic who want High Elves to be a playable race.

Same thing goes for what you said about brown orcs. Why? It's just a race recolor. Sure they might have different lore and different racials, but they're still just a recolor of an already playable race.

I'm all for Ogres as a playable race though. They're different and interesting to me. Honestly not sure about any other races though.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Did you really just say Arakkoas would be a boring race? I know that's your opinion, but how can you say that when you're asking for High Elves? High Elves shouldn't even be an option. Why would anyone want ANOTHER Elf race, and on top of that, a recolored B-elf race with blue eyes? I don't understand anyone's logic who want High Elves to be a playable race.
    Yes, I said it. They are also generally unappealing and have annoying voices. Tell me what's so interesting about them?

The thing with elves is that they have so much build up that the lore can support all 3 types. Besides, you seem to accept "Night Elf recolors" Blood Elves as a standalone race, don't you? Then why do you think High Elves have to be the exact same copy of Blood Elves, just with a different eye color? You seem to be looking from a standpoint of variety is key. Yeah, sure, we have cow-people. goat-people, wolf-people and panda-people - all we need now are bird-people. I'm sure they can get loads of presentation and as much interesting lore as pandas, but I simply don't care about them. I've spent an entire expansion getting to the point where I more or less care about pandas. I don't need another out-of-place race to not care about. High Elves should've been Alliance from the start, they belong here. Ethereals I think are an interesting concept. But Arakkoas are boring, to me at least.

I understand there are different people and different opinions. Many people seem to like Trolls. I myself hate everything troll-related and they all can just go die in a fire for all I care. But after pandas I especially feel that the game needs something more recognizable, not races that need to be built-up almost from scratch. Thus, High Elves are a much better option to me than Ethereals.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    Yes, I said it. They are also generally unappealing and have annoying voices. Tell me what's so interesting about them?

The thing with elves is that they have so much build up that the lore can support all 3 types. Besides, you seem to accept "Night Elf recolors" Blood Elves as a standalone race, don't you? Then why do you think High Elves have to be the exact same copy of Blood Elves, just with a different eye color? You seem to be looking from a standpoint of variety is key. Yeah, sure, we have cow-people. goat-people, wolf-people and panda-people - all we need now are bird-people. I'm sure they can get loads of presentation and as much interesting lore as pandas, but I simply don't care about them. I've spent an entire expansion getting to the point where I more or less care about pandas. I don't need another out-of-place race to not care about. High Elves should've been Alliance from the start, they belong here. Ethereals I think are an interesting concept. But Arakkoas are boring, to me at least.

I understand there are different people and different opinions. Many people seem to like Trolls. I myself hate everything troll-related and they all can just go die in a fire for all I care. But after pandas I especially feel that the game needs something more recognizable, not races that need to be built-up almost from scratch. Thus, High Elves are a much better option to me than Ethereals.
    Arakkoas already have a bunch of pre-existing lore and factoids about them, being a race that's practically smarter than gnomes in terms of learning speed (one learned how to fully speak common in a few days). Also, their current lore fits in with the Alliance, as a faction of them is a 'redeemed' light-worshipping bunch of Arakkoa taught by the Draenei. They also suffered a lot from Orc attacks, so they hate the Horde and they have been a very big help to the Alliance before.

As I said, they have interesting lore. High elves? Copy paste blood elf lore and then merge it with human lore at the third war. We may have had them around for years, but a stupid eye recolor and ANOTHER elf race with the SAME LORE as another is really dull and boring. Arakkoa are at least unique in their lore and they have a lot of it. More than draenei, even.

Also, I hate trolls too. They're boring. Do we need to put trolls in every expansion. Why not flesh out some of the other races like Draenei, who did even less than Blood Elves for the entirety of BC and didn't get anything afterwards at all.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Ogres are the dumbest looking race next to goblins...I seriously hope it does not happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres or Half-Ogres (Mok'Nathals) for the Horde
    High Elves for the Alliance

Come on blizz, it's about time

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Horde: Ogres
    Alliance: Arakkoa/High Elves

If it's a time travel'y expansion I doubt we'd see new races. Can't have races from an alternate timeline join us, hell no!
    I think it'd probably go something like "Hey, we're going to Draenor, and there's a lot of Ogres, might be a great idea to have our Stonemaul buddies go along with us, since Ogres fare well in the climate and they are familiar faces to the Orcs and Ogres of Draenor."

While on the Alliance front they could go all "Okay, we know jackshit about Draenor's layout and how it looks, might be a wise idea to bring some Arakkoas with us, since they know much more about it than we do, and they did help us in the past." Or they just take High Elves with them because why not?

Deleted
    Why won't horde get ogres?

Female ogres.