Cartel Coins for credits?

Hey, all!
    I recently picked up STWOR again, and am enjoying it somewhat. Still too soon to commit, but hey.
    I heard (on MMO-C) that you could buy Cartel Coins for in-game credits, but when looking for it, all I got was a short and incomprehensible message along the lines of 'option has been disabled.'

So my question is: Is it still possible to buy Cartel Coins for in-game credits, and if not: Will it be possible again in the future?

It's a little more complicated than that (GW2, Rift, and NWO all have currency exchanges)

In swtor, a player with cartel coins will purchase an unlock to sell on the GTN for credits. A player without cartel coins can then purchase that unlock for credits.
    This way, a preferred player can unlock everything with relative ease.

*It's worth noting that the best way to become a preferred player is to subscribe for a month as that gets you the expansion for free.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-11-02 at 01:05 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    It's a little more complicated than that (GW2, Rift, and NWO all have currency exchanges)

In swtor, a player with cartel coins will purchase an unlock to sell on the GTN for credits. A player without cartel coins can then purchase that unlock for credits.
    This way, a preferred player can unlock everything with relative ease.

*It's worth noting that the best way to become a preferred player is to subscribe for a month as that gets you the expansion for free.
    Thanks for that! And I'm a preferred player because I bought the hard-copy when it was launched.
    Though I don't have the expansion. Oh, well. :P