SoO Switching Specs based on fight

Hello fellow Rogues...I'm just curious whether any of you have had luck switching specs based on the situation each fight calls for?

I tried a bit this week switching back and forth between Assassination and Combat but didn't notice enough of a difference to really justify it. Up next for us is Heroic Iron Juggernaut and Nazgrim...one would think a single target spec would be better for each of these encounters.

Are there any fights you absolutely won't play Combat for (if that's your main spec)?

Deleted
    I just switch to combat (and cleave trinket) on HC Galakras and I have not been doing spoils but I might also switch to combat there. On Jug and Nazgrim all 3 specs are close together on WoL

Deleted
    I swap between Subtletly and Combat depending on fight.

Combat is actually a very well rounded spec and it probably works for all fights, compared to Sub which can feel lackluster on fights like Galakras HC.

Regarding those 2 fights, I went Subtletly for Juggernaut HC and Combat for Nazgrim (8 second kidney on the Arcweaver shut it down completely) but as Quinte said, all 3 are pretty close on Nazgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Chokolata View Post
    I swap between Subtletly and Combat depending on fight.

Combat is actually a very well rounded spec and it probably works for all fights, compared to Sub which can feel lackluster on fights like Galakras HC.

Regarding those 2 fights, I went Subtletly for Juggernaut HC and Combat for Nazgrim (8 second kidney on the Arcweaver shut it down completely) but as Quinte said, all 3 are pretty close on Nazgrim.
    My response would basically be this quote. Combat is good with Agility gems again, so switching between Combat and Subtlety is simple nowadays.
    And I will take that Arcweaver idea when my guild starts working on Nazgrim, thanks for the tip.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Deleted
    I switch between assa and sub depending on fight. It there's alot of aoe/target switching I go with assassin but if there's alot of singel target like iron jugg or malkorok i switch to sub. The good thing about this is that i dont need to change any gems or enchants at all. If i go with assa gems for sub i loose about 100 dps from optimal gems for sub.

I'm currently gemmed for as much haste as possible for combat. I'm considering trying agi / haste so I can play all 3 specs. Is haste still a thing for mutilate?

Deleted
    Haste, Critical Strike & Mastery are all very close as assassination with 4P, trinkets & cloak (think mine are 1.42/1.39/1.4 - ShC) - fierydemise blog had a handy table on it from a while back.

"Assassination- Given the nerf to T15 4pc replacing T15 4pc is really easy for assassination. In general a single piece of higher ilvl tier will be enough to break T15 4pc, for example a single piece of normal T16 gear, not necessarily tier gear will be enough to break T15 4pc. T16 2pc is also a very strong set bonus and should be a high priority. T16 4pc by contrast is very weak and may not be worth using compared to several pieces of higher ilvl. Note that ShadowCraft somewhat undervalues T16 4pc so if the difference between T16 4pc and offset gear are very close T16 4pc may be worth using.

Stat priorities for assassination next tier are a bit complex. T16 2pc increases the value of crit substantially, and the legendary meta gem and cloak procs which together make up about 12-14% of your dps (higher on multi-target fights) increase the value of haste. The stat priorities for various conditions is shown in the table below."

LEGENDARY META GEM LEGENDARY CLOAK T16 2PC STAT PRIORITY
    N N N Mastery>Haste=Crit
    Y N N Mastery>Haste>Crit
    Y Y N Haste>Mastery>Crit
    N N Y Mastery>Haste>Crit
    Y N Y Mastery>Haste=Crit
    Y Y Y Mastery=Haste=Crit

Copied & Pasted from roguechat.wordpress.com (couldn't find a way to link directly to his/her table).
    Last edited by mmocac594f5041; 2013-11-06 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Additional Information

I have been rolling with a Mastery Assassin build all the way to know (am 10/14).

However, going to try Sub/Assassin for farm tonight but am a bit worried about Assassin with Haste. Aoe will be less/switching less, but single target and execute more.

Primary combat here, just got another dagger this week but before that rolled Sub for Iron Juggs and Malk and was pushing about 280-290 k DPS with Combat gems and reforging. Assassination actually Sims lower than combat with my current gear but sub is about 30k more.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstechno View Post
    Primary combat here, just got another dagger this week but before that rolled Sub for Iron Juggs and Malk and was pushing about 280-290 k DPS with Combat gems and reforging. Assassination actually Sims lower than combat with my current gear but sub is about 30k more.
    I've had shit luck with a decent combat weapon and my team already has crazy AOE so I pretty much just stay sub for every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I've had shit luck with a decent combat weapon and my team already has crazy AOE so I pretty much just stay sub for every fight.
    Yea I was lucky enough to get the fist from Protectors and the dagger off Norushen our first week so I've been rocking Combat pretty much the entire time. But hearing about Sub got me interested so I've been toying with it since our group is heavy AOE as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Same for me - except the fact i hate combat and won't play it anytime soon if it doesn't become best spec by a decent chunk.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.