Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of legality, I think it's fair to say that these parents are horrible people. Even if this was an act of punishment, the correct course of action should be to fix the problem, not to invite more issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    I'd disown any of my kids and leave them homeless and penniless in a split second if I found out they watch that little pony garbage. That would be too lenient for dishonoring the family name.
    I don't really think you have any place to make an argument from a position of moral superiority when you would admit to something as brash and barbaric as this.

Deleted
    He can sue them for loadsa money for discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Regardless of legality, I think it's fair to say that these parents are horrible people. Even if this was an act of punishment, the correct course of action should be to fix the problem, not to invite more issues.

I don't really think you have any place to make an argument from a position of moral superiority when you would admit to something as brash and barbaric as this.
    The word is facetious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    He's saying you shouldn't express your opinion, because you'll be recognized for what you are; a bigot and an ignoramus.
    Well, he's entitled to his opinion. But I'm still going to express mine. I don't give a damn of what people think of me on a gaming forum.

You can't just label someone elses opinion as "trolling" because you don't agree with it, that's not how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    Well, he's entitled to his opinion. But I'm still going to express mine. I don't give a damn of what people think of me on a gaming forum.

You can't just label someone elses opinion as "trolling" because you don't agree with it, that's not how it works.
    You obviously care if you're getting upset that people are considering you are trolling. The fact you continue to dismiss your "He dishonored his family" nonsense doesn't give you any more points.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

People are people no matter where you encounter them, the distinction you made is nonsensical, much like the opinion you expressed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I can accurately label it as ignorant and backwards though.
    Yeah, you can. If that's how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You obviously care if you're getting upset that people are considering you are trolling. The fact you continue to dismiss your "He dishonored his family" nonsense doesn't give you any more points.
    How am I getting upset?

Quote Originally Posted by Daegranos View Post
    He can sue them for loadsa money for discrimination.
    No he can't. His parents were not his employers, nor was he entered into a formal agreement for use of their property (probably). Their decision to have nothing to do with him isn't violating any tort or criminal laws or statutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Dude you need to chill out seeing as your previous post is going to probably get you infracted since Darthis just warned about posting as you did. He is correct there are laws restricting the amount of hours someone under the age of 18 can work. However it is possible for the person working the hours to ignore them and not file a complaint if they want to as this rule is never checked up on unless there is a complaint filed.
    Lol the laws restricting how many hours teens work is taken as seriously as jaywalking laws. This is coming from someone who worked pretty much fulltime (30-40 hours a week) at age THIRTEEN for two years at a store.

they can cut him off if its in their name its legal end of discussion
    is it moraly correct hell no
    is it only because he came out ? do we know the full story ? probably not so don't go all moral hero on the parents

When did I ever justify theft?

All I've ever said is that their choice to kick him out is okay. Why exactly are you putting words in my mouth again? Some attempt to annoy me?
    You can't isolate the actions like that. I'd they had just ousted him from their home, he would have options and they'd just be parents who couldn't accept their son. However, they simultaneously took his car, his phone, and d his money, greatly reducing his ability to move forward in life. That is why they are assholes.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    You can't isolate the actions like that. I'd they had just ousted him from their home, he would have options and they'd just be parents who couldn't accept their son. However, they simultaneously took his car, his phone, and d his money, greatly reducing his ability to move forward in life. That is why they are assholes.
    You're wasting your time.

This is why, kids, you never get custodial accounts.

I had my account in my name (and my name alone) ever since I was 15.

There's only one person in life you can trust 100% and that's yourself.