Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    which makes the process even quicker thus making the game less of a time sink.
    the horror

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Game has been out for almost 10 years.
    From all my friends that play WoW who have quit which is around 10 or so people none of them have quit because of age.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    True Fans would agree. Only a matter of time until the Casuals come in and want to be the Special Snowflake all over again.
    Only a true Scotsman would make that argument.

Also, I guess I don't count as a real fan, despite having played since Vanilla release. Nor do my guildies count, the vast majority of which started during Vanilla or BC, and are loving MoP. PvE content this xpac has been even better than WotLK, which was my previous favorite.

But since I'm not a true fan, I'm not really sure if this opinion counts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    True Fans would agree. Only a matter of time until the Casuals come in and want to be the Special Snowflake all over again.
    so a casual cant be a fan ? and if they are what then a false fan ?
    I find your statement very flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    It's easy now just like it was in wrath.

Sadly majority of these so called "casuals" don't like hard 5 man dungeons. They tried making them hard at the start of Cata but it misfired. Kiss challenging 5 mans goodbye.
    Challenge modes they wanted to players seek challenge rather than force them into with higher item level gear drops. Before the "its a dungeon with a timer comment" the damage gets upscaled and it requires you to rotate through cds while killing trash as fast as possible. If the tank grabs more then 2 mobs without a cd he will die.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by newlineGet View Post
    Inb4 "Not this shit again", "oh, what an exciting thread", "troll", "take off your nostalgia glasses".
    Everything you said has been pretty succinctly described before as the fact that the game design is somewhat hurting the "journey" and is becoming a push button get bacon model. I have not played MoP a great deal but I do think the game was on a spiral in that direction so I completely agree.

For example, I am very unsatisfied with LFR but I do it because it is rather rewarding for character progression, I am sure there are a lot of people in the same boat. Maybe they should do a "rate this dungeon/feature" survey or something instead of looking at how many people actually do something because that is not even half the story.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This is where it really gets old. If you are a human..you are "dying" by default. And so is game that comes out ... "dying". Your new ipad and iphone is "dying" soon to be replaced by the next generation. I think that is why we have a GTA 5 and a Fifa 14 and a Final Fantasy..whatever...because all their predecessors died.
    Well no. You have sequels to games (and tons of other forms of entertainment) because the idea is to keep you buying a product, or brand. No company lasts a very long time by selling items that don't eventually need replacement. (or upkeep)

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, yeah..yeah..this game is almost 10 years old. This is why it is dying. Flog a dead horse, tell us how it is dying. Show me another 10 year old game that didn't decline. Show me agame that from day 1 on...never lost subs or players, but increased and increased and increased...In fact..show me another MMO that has been going so strong over 10 years.
    This game 'reinvents' itself every so often in the form of new expansions, which generally tend to change gameplay quite a bit from one to the other. Do you look at Call of Duty as a game that was released in 2003? Of course not. So the 'it's old' excuse is a bit weak.

Just quit if you don't like it?

I tried leveling a priest yesterday, all i did was SWP everything i run past, i didn't even stop walking, i don't even quest, it was just a 1 button smashing walking around using my mouse, my mana is never below 90% in combat.

Tell me how is this fun to you casuals(not noobs, but people that argued that they are too busy to spend an hour playing a game but still bought the game)?

Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    I tried leveling a priest yesterday, all i did was SWP everything i run past, i didn't even stop walking, i don't even quest, it was just a 1 button smashing walking around using my mouse, my mana is never below 90% in combat.
    I need to roll a priest. Any class that can drop Sunwell Plateau on a mob has to be pretty awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    That's the thing, though. They did just that. Compare the mechanics of the bosses in Scholomance pre-MoP and post-MoP. Mobs and boss fights are more complex then they ever have been before. Part of the thing that made Vanilla and BC so hard wasn't the how great the game was, but how bad the class and item balance was (hello spirit on warrior gear and buffbot paladins) How many Prot pallies did you know in Vanilla that did anything beyond BRS/MC? Imagine how hard doing a heroic with 5 druids would have been in BC compared to now.

The end-game progression in BC especially would destroy WoW. Really imagine what would happen if you had to go back and run MSV/HoF/ToES/ToT before even setting foot in SoO (and I don't mean just beating it once to unlock the next wing ala LFR, I mean actually clearing it on flex/normal/heroic and gearing up) If you think the raiding community is dying now that move would be the final nail in the coffin.

Gamers as a whole have changed. It's no longer mostly comprised of young high-school/college age kids who have plenty of time to spend all day, almost every day playing video games. A VERY large amount of them now have full time careers, families and other outside commitments that eat up the majority of time they can play. Rather than being able to play 3-5 hours every day, many can barely squeeze in that much time a week. They want to be able to play the game, not have to spend 1 or 2 hours just trying to find a group for a dungeon or a raid.

Like it or not, but times have changed. You can look back with rose-colored glasses and only see all the awesome parts about Vanilla/BC/Wrath, but if you ignore all of the problems they had (and there were many) then people will call you on your nostalgia.
    I never said that todays fights aren't more complex. Thought I'll go as far to say that in some cases they are more forgiving(remember having to spot Mimiron's rockets beyond your feet, compare that with iron juggernaut?).
    The progression part can be made easier by removing LFR/Flex and bringing normals a bit down.
    On the gamers part. It would seem that around 40% of the people started this game when they were 15 or something. I think the age bracket for this game is a bit more spread out than that, and doubt that suddenly over the past 5~ years, everyone suddenly decided they don't have time anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    You complain that there is not enough grinding in the game yet there is. Then you say that you enjoyed grinding dungeons, dailies etc in BC.

There is plenty of grinding still in this game.
    Want a nice mount? spend a couple weeks grinding dailies.
    Want raid gear? spend a few weeks grinding dailies. <---Patch 5.0
    Want a legendary cloak? Spend 2-3 months grinding raids for it. Along with a couple hours grinding Black Prince rep.
    Want better gear? Spend hours every week grinding LFR, flex and/or normals/heroics.
    Want cool titles such as "The stormbreaker" or "Shado-master" etc etc? Well have fun grinding the achievements for them.
    Want full 535 timeless gear on an alt? Have fun spending hours on timeless isle grinding for them.
    It's not grind. Manageable chunks. And I can avoid most of your steps regarding gear via LFR -> normals.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Thank you for telling us how you feel about the game. Insight into the mindset of others is always interesting to me. Just remember, your opinions and experiences are not going to be shared by all. ^_^
    I am completely aware of that .

10+ Year Old Account

Tell me how is this fun to you casuals(not noobs, but people that argued that they are too busy to spend an hour playing a game but still bought the game)?
    Oh my! Was the 1-10 content too easy for you? They really should nerf priests if they're that powerful at such a low level. Gosh, no wonder we casuals are all so bad at this game with it just being so easy to start out. Blizzard is such a terrible company for coddling their fanbase by making the first 10 levels so easy. Fucking terribads. L2P #BCFORLIFE

After the Lich King, wow just diverged too far from players imaginations and the pre-existing lore.

I mean with Azshara, and Saregars that's two perfectly acceptable expansion bosses for two separate expansions.

Shoulda just went South Seas to 90......... and Xoroth to 100.

Then added a couple fun expansions like MoP.

I have played since vanilla, have raided everything, and I can say w/o a doubt, the game is the best it's ever been. I think the game was a shit-hole in vanilla, ok in tbc, good in wrath, dogshit in cata, and now it's really good. It is only going to get better as well. I don't use the nostalgia excuse, because tbh the game sucked back then. Although I do miss wrath from time to time.

Leveling and low level dungeons are perhaps the most snooze-worthy things I have experienced in the game.

It's like... yeah... like the guy on the first page said... it's not hard, but it takes forever. So, you just put yourself on auto pilot and do it. Not hard, not fun, not short, too long... it's just lame. No heirlooms? Forget PvP.

I think people who defend it should go convince a friend to play WoW. See how far your friend gets leveling to 90. My boyfriend's record is like 64. He just threw his hands up one night, looked at me, and said, "Baby, I just can't do this anymore. It sucks." and went back to DotA.
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday

lol also was doing this myself. leveling sooo fast just dotting and running it's great. full boa's with enchants and even the fishing boa ring. i actually got into a little incident doing so. Some paladin whispers me calling me an asshole and to stop killing stuff to go die and a wall of text. i replied kindly with "roll a better class" and put him on ignore i'm sure he was furious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    ^This.

Once more I'll say it:

WoW is a video game and unfortunately an online video game at that. Since so many people use it, and its numbers have far exceeded what Blizzard ever expected, they have to do what's best for the masses. Not everything they do is for everyone, but it does its job in trying to do so.

WoW is not for everyone. It has never BEEN for everyone. If it was for EVERYONE, EVERYONE would be playing it, no? EVERYONE who's ever tried it would still be playing it, no?

Move on then. Find another video game. WoW isn't suited for you any longer. Sorry to see you go, but once again I'll say it:

It's a video game.
    You confirmed it. WoW in Vanilla and TBC was not for everyone (Casuals and lazy people who wanted everything on a silver plate). Then Blizzard decided to dumb the game down in difficulty and progression so those who were lazy and/or bad at the game start to play it. And now what? You (not specificaly you) are telling someone who was a real player of Vanilla - TBC WoW to stop crying and quit because the game is not for him???? Sometimes, you guys are so funny....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    Any game I deem "pretty horrible", I uninstall/unsub. I suggest you do the same, because you really are beating on a dead horse (for you).

Personally I still login pretty steadily, to do something here and something there. I never get the people who go on about "progression". Most games I don't play for progression, I play them to be entertained, to pass time and to have fun. As long as I can hit at least two of those, I'm not planning to quit wow.
    truth. op makes a qq thread and what do they expect to do? change the game to suit their needs? and if you don't play the game, why make a thread about how it sucks?

OP will probably get flamed, but a very valid point is raised.

Leveling is way too quick and easy. People hit 90 with absolutely NO IDEA how to play their class. Then they get spoonfed easy content like the current "heroics" and LFR. Then these players get bored due to a lack of stimulation and subs drop off.

Not saying leveling should be brutally difficult, but it needs some kind of challenge. It needs to be a memorable experience, not 1 shotting mobs and dinging a level every 20 minutes. It's honestly kind of sad in it's current state. Dungeons used to teach CC, letting the tank pull, patience, teamwork, etc. Not anymore.

Oh well, just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kornstyle View Post
    You confirmed it. WoW in Vanilla and TBC was not for everyone (Casuals and lazy people who wanted everything on a silver plate). Then Blizzard decided to dumb the game down in difficulty and progression so those who were lazy and/or bad at the game start to play it. And now what? You (not specificaly you) are telling someone who was a real player of Vanilla - TBC WoW to stop crying and quit because the game is not for him???? Sometimes, you guys are so funny....
    Yeah mate how WoW ever acquired it's substantial player base is a mystery. TBC was the golden age of sub growth and probably the most unfriendly xpac if you were not raiding.