Voters
35. This poll is closed
  • oQueue

18 51.43%
  • OpenRaid

17 48.57%

oQueue or OpenRaid?

Which do you prefer?

With the new OpenRaid update today do you think you will switch?

Any feature of one or the other you think is superior?

Do you think Blizzard will ever implement a native feature to replace their functionality?

Deleted
    OpenRaid, outside the game vs Oqueue, inside the game? Oqueue for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    OpenRaid for more serious things that require some semblance of coordination. OQueue for anything quick and easy.

I use them both!
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

oQueue for now. I haven't actually looked into OpenRaid just yet and probably won't for some time. Just a matter of convenience.

Deleted
    As dotmore said, if i want to plan ahead i use openraid, if i want a fix and ingame i use oqueue.

Didn't I answer this question on this forum just a week ago?

OpenRaid for Flex and oQueue for a quick worldboss kill.

Never tried oqueue, just started using openraid and had some good runs so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    oq is faster and more convenient

Yeah, openraid still coordinates outside of the game, so it's less convenient to use. Just the nature of the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Didn't I answer this question on this forum just a week ago?

OpenRaid for Flex and oQueue for a quick worldboss kill.
    I have and continue to use oQueue for everything, it currently seems vastly more popular than OpenRaid in game atleast.

So if oQueue works for everything, why use OpenRaid for anything but a fancy web based calendar to schedule ongoing public raids?

Quote Originally Posted by mothandras View Post
    I have and continue to use oQueue for everything, it currently seems vastly more popular than OpenRaid in game atleast.

So if oQueue works for everything, why use OpenRaid for anything but a fancy web based calendar to schedule ongoing public raids?
    oQueue is nice and convenient. That's about it. Open raid, IMO, is much better. You will have a better pug experience than you would with oQueue. Most if not all my Open Raid groups have been a success as oppose to oQueue where it is hit or miss. This is for Flex raiding that I am mostly speaking of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mothandras View Post

oQ was great for awhile mainly because of convenience of running in-game, sadly once it because widely known by the player base the quality of the groups have majorly diminished. The addon is easily hacked/modified so group requirements mean nothing (which is sad, really) and has become a breeding ground for scrubs looking to get carried. OpenRaid groups seem to be slightly more successful and run smoother compared to oQ... probably because you can screen people better via public ratings/feedback, armory or talking to someone quickly in chat.

With this being said, I use oQ on my lowpop server for quick things like Ordos or Celestials but anything else such as Flex I will use OpenRaid.