Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont think this has anything to do with what faith the attacked had.
    I wouldnt lable him a terrorist either.
    It is more likely to be just another mentally disturbed african grown up in a warzone (we collect those).
    As I see it there is no motivation behind this. Just one persons delusions/paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Why muslims? The largest terrorist attack in Norway in past decades was a white christian.
    This is exactly my point. You can't even pin it on one group.

Extremists and mentally ill people will crop up in every group in every social standing in every country in the world.

Black, White, Yellow, Pink, Green, Purple people. Every religion on the planet. Every political party on the planet. Both sexes, Many age groups, Every country in the world.

Extremists and mentally ill psychopaths will continue to do this sort of thing pretty much forever because thats just how things go.

Maybe if we discover mind reading technology and then the next debate will be "was he having an intrusive thought or was he actually thinking about killing someone"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    Yes and my solution is reasonable.
    you answered the question of what is your solution with yes ... and reasonable

care to explain?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post

care to explain?
    I think I just did in the previous post, the one I posted before the one you quoted.

care to explain?
    I hope he wasn't agreeing with my drastic over the top 'solutions'

Wouldn't be surprised though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearmode View Post
    Was a foreign terrorist bringing his unwanted culture where it's not welcome.

Politically correct ultra liberals continue.

He was not ethnic Norweigan. That makes him a terrorist now?

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    He was not ethnic Norweigan. That makes him a terrorist now?
    Time for some proper cleansing as our dear right wingers seem to advocate. I wonder where I've seen that before.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    I hope he wasn't agreeing with my drastic over the top 'solutions'

Wouldn't be surprised though.
    apparently he was

awesome solution
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I think I just did in the previous post, the one I posted before the one you quoted.
    Alright now what about Brievek then? You just go "ahhh it wont happen again" and give bias to white people or do you ship all of the white people out of sweden too?

Maybe its eye colour? We should jail / deport everyone with brown eyes.

Society has worked extremely hard to integrate all human beings into one society (in the western world.) the cost of removing / seperating religions, races and nationalities is the thousands of years humanity has collectively worked on trying to make us into social animals instead of barbarian clans. You also don't seem to remember that this goes on in muslim countries too but only its a daily occurance there. Maybe we should just nuke all of the middle east. Oh wait that just makes us the extremists.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2013-11-04 at 09:04 PM.

May be it's just the way he chooses to express himself. One must be tolerant to other cultures, and respect their right to jihad.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Deleted
    At least Breivik gave good swimming classes...

Infracted
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-11-04 at 09:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Alright now what about Brievek then? You just go "ahhh it wont happen again" and give bias to white people or do you ship all of the white people out of sweden too?

Maybe its eye colour? We should jail / deport everyone with brown eyes.
    He went insane because due to the immigration policy, he wouldn't have killed all of those teenagers if immigration policy was stricter.

If they're white immigrats, then yes I wouldn't hesitate to throw them out. But Brevik is Norweigan, so I don't quite understand what you're getting at.

Tell me, how would you deal with terrorist attacks?

15+ Year Old Account
    try to find the men behind it, treat it as what it is, a crime that needs to be solved, not as an excuse to fulfill your racist wet dreams

Deleted
    try to find the men behind it, treat it as what it is, a crime that needs to be solved, not as an excuse to fulfill your racist wet dreams
    lol, that's one naive answer I should've expected.

As I said earlier, it's crucial that someone come up with a way to prevent future terrorist attacks. Let me rephrase, how would you prevent future terrorist attacks?

Hrm, Immigrant in his 50's, 3 killed on the bus, left said bus without a fight when local firefighters arrived.(with or without the assistance of the local police. not sure about this)
    can't find anything about him yelling anything to imply he's a terrorist

seems to me like he's just a disturbed old man in need of some serious physical care.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    He went insane because due to the immigration policy, he wouldn't have killed all of those teenagers if immigration policy was stricter.
    Oh, so it's really not Breivik's fault then?

But for these other extremists it's their own fault? Or how were they driven insane?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTheHard6 View Post
    Oh, so it's really not Breivik's fault then?

But for these other extremists it's their own fault? Or how were they driven insane?
    I've never said that I've sympathies for him, I despise everything that he did.

So that is pretty much like all terrorists. They all go insane because of specific political agendas.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said earlier, it's crucial that someone come up with a way to prevent future terrorist attacks. Let me rephrase, how would you prevent future terrorist attacks?
    Monitor everyone's activities including yours. Pretty much become a full on police state.

If they're white immigrats, then yes I wouldn't hesitate to throw them out. But Brevik is Norweigan, so I don't quite understand what you're getting at.

He wouldn't have killed all of those teenagers if immigration policy was stricter? Are you actually mental? Okay i'll go one notch higher and say its his mothers fault. If his mother didn't have intercourse with his father he wouldn't been born. What a bitch. We should go after those two!

Excuse me for typoing sweden, my bad.

You just said you would throw them out if they're white immigrants. So uhh, now the population of norway has been cut in half. And if that guy in the original post was black, theres no longer any black people in norway either. You're basically trying to say that because 1 is bad, all are bad. Because 1 guy is retarded, everyone is retarded. Because 1 guy is blind everyone is blind. Because 1 guy is X everyone is X. Madness. Your 'solution' is also post-attack. So basically breivek kills a bunch of guys, then we deport him. Ok got it. So like, suicide bombers, we should ship their corpses home after they've blown up a load of people?

How would i deal with terrorist attacks? Okay well first of all, theres a pretty unclear line between murder, mass murder and terrorism. So basically i would put on my mind reader goggles, read the minds of those dirty muslims and jail them before they can blow me and my white friends up. Oh wait, we're living in reality, where minds are inpenetrable forever.

So what is my solution? My solution is "there isnt one." Not until we event mind reading technology, which most likely will not be for decades. Then we have to transport it into handheld devices and scan the minds of every human being at all times because for all we know, the guy next door to you right now could be planning on chopping you the fuck up.

Again, there isn't a solution. Theres just ways of handling the aftermath. Don't go all fucking crazy and deport entire ethnicitys and religious groups just because of one bad apple. You're basically acting like those teachers in school who punish entire classrooms because one kid is a little cunt.

People are shot, stabbed, raped, strangled, suffocated, drowned, hanged, beaten, poisned to death daily. It will never, ever stop as long as the diversity of man kind continues. And again, this is the under 0.01% of people doing this. They are a grain of sand in a desert. While unfortunate, it is impossible and will be impossible to find and stop ALL or even a few of these cases for the foreseeable future.

I don't (,nor does as we can see from stuff like the TSA in american airports, anyone else) want our freedoms trampled into the dirt because Billy got a gun and shot a bunch of people 5 years ago.

Heres a very quick list of things that would lessen the chances of an attack happening.

Removing all guns, knives, chemicals, lighters, hammers, axes, chainsaws, vehicles, ingrediants to make bombs, fuels, bottles, bricks, heavy objects, blunt objects (continues..) from planet Earth. Seems like a pretty good start, right?

Ok, now someone comes along and strangles a guy. Well fuck, we tried.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2013-11-04 at 09:28 PM.

I am not going to go ZOMG TERRORISM. Especially as I feel the word is way overused.

But regarding the whole attitude of...Bah it was a knife, that's not terrorism.

To tool used to commit terrorist acts is irrelevant. It can be a gun, a bomb, a vehicle or yes a knife.

Do you remember the Soldier in England stabbed to death in the street not so long ago? Or 9/11...the planes were hijacked by knife wielding lunatics.

We are talking about a bus here, with many passengers. The damage could have been much worse.

Again I don't know if this was a terrorist act or not. But yeah...a knife is just as good a tool as a bomb is for this stuff.