Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It could be free and I wouldn't watch it, based on that yes. Do I think they should charge and have good reason to, yes again.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I don't think it's expensive at all, and I'm by no means rich or something. Completely worth the money!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucious View Post
    LOL @ Tenacious D. Cuz they're relevant and cost big $$ to book. Please.
    So you're going to argue that they play almost for free? Because that is the only way you can make the argument that Blizzard have next to no costs when creating this event.

I tell you what, come back to me when you have in fact held an event and/or have at least some form of understanding of what goes into making something like this. You complain that it should be free because other streams of other events are free? Nothing in life is truly free. If those other gaming events didn't get their money elsewhere to recuperate their costs, you can be darn sure that you would be standing there complaining about them not giving you full access to those streams as well.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-11-05 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some it is too expensive, for others it is not. Just like anything else in life.

Deleted
    That depends, it's a 5million dollar painting too expensive? (which is probably super ugly for the normal eye). It depends, for some people a limited Murloc pet already is worth a lot more than 40$ some people enjoy watching Livestreams (even if it will be on Youtube hours later it's not the same than watching live), etc.

Deleted
    It's a subjective question, it depends on who you ask. I paid the 30€, and I don't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    The issue is the value for what you pay for, not the fact that it is expendable. If you can get the same info for free on mmo champ afterwards, why bother? it is a rip when you could spend that money buying cheeseburgers or pepsi
    If you can get the same music from youtube rather than buying it from iTunes why bother?

It's a rip off when you decide you don't want to spend the set amount of price for an item... It's a subjective word. There are people that will pay thousands for a guitar... to me that is a rip-off but to a guitar enthusiast it might be the best thing ever for him..

Do you see where I'm going with this? You can't tell people they're being ripped off when they're spending the set price for something they want. It isn't like they can pay $40.00 through Blizzard or $5.00 through somewhere else and get everything they want..

Sure the information is free just moments afterwards from tons of websites and youtube, but you won't get the other goodies...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucious View Post
    Oh god. Another one that doesn't understand business economics. Shhh little one. Grown ups talking.
    You obviously know nothing about economics or even the topic at hand, as you've given no info or relevant conversation to this thread.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    The issue is the value for what you pay for, not the fact that it is expendable. If you can get the same info for free on mmo champ afterwards, why bother? it is a rip when you could spend that money buying cheeseburgers or pepsi
    I bought my ticket after evaluating my budget for over 2 months if this would be worth it or not. Yesterday I bought my ticket because I felt it was well worth the price. I have no regrets and having others telling me that I am ripped off is just laughable when it is I who make that decision, not anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    Never buy something for OP ability combination as it is likely to get nerfed if they realize that is gonna be too OP, yes even Pet battle stuff (like Anubisath Idol)
    Anub Idol is actually still overpowered right now but for another reason - Demolish is clocking in at 75% accuracy instead of 50

£25 quid for 2 days worth of fun? Yeah it's a bargain, would cost around £90 quid for just a couple hours entertainment going to the movies and having drinks/meal after.

Love Blizzcon, and have never regretted buying the virtual ticket at any of the previous ones. It's a fab weekend, plus you get to experience it all from the comfort of your own house, snuggling on the sofa with my hubby

You non-buyers are guna regret it when the HS card is god tier. And those with access with have exodia.

Considering you will learn all the information from Blizzcon on sites like this and uploaded youtube videos shortly after it is announced live... Yes, it's way over priced. That said, I bought a ticket for the pet.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Considering you will learn all the information from Blizzcon on sites like this and uploaded youtube videos shortly after it is announced live... Yes, it's way over priced. That said, I bought a ticket for the pet.
    Yeah but reading text on some website, and watching low quality videos after announcements isn't as fun as watching everything live and getting it first hand For me at least this is the biggest draw to buying a VT, my hubby and myself make a weekend of it, drinks in, nice foods, and have such fun watching it together, it's totally worth £25.

I also understand though that some people can't afford it, or think it's not worth it, thats fine too. I still personally do not think it's overpriced for what you get. As I said before I could spend way more than that on other entertainment that doesn't last as long and literally has nothing to show for it.

Hahaha wait, people pay Blizz 40 dollars so that they can advertise their products to them. ROFLMAO

I'm gonna watch it with some friends and we split the bill. Wouldn't pay full 30€.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smece View Post
    Hahaha wait, people pay Blizz 40 dollars so that they can advertise their products to them. ROFLMAO
    No, we pay 40 dollars because of the entertainment, as well as getting first row access to everything, and the goodies. Also, how is paying to see advertisment automatically a bad thing? If you hold value in wanting to get access to something as soon as possible, then those 40 dollars may not look that expensive anymore. It's basic supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by yinyatto View Post
    And people will defend this notion as well its sickening, I like blizzards stuff mostly wow and possibly diablo when the real money AH is gone, I can understand paying to go to blizzcon in person its an experience to be there but paying to watch a stream? really ??? especially when theres streams all over the internet doing the same for free and it will be all over you tube the day after also for free.

But hey enjoy the in-game bonuses i guess :s
    So are concerts they are amazing live, and yes you can get the music free on say pandora, yet people still BUY the cd's or the digital versions of it (ie iTunes).

The point is someone that can't go physically to blizzcon want the "experience" which allows them to almost be there. Its the same with sports even though "most" of the games are free on say normal antenna TV, they still pay for cable or the dish and even some that want it all will pay for "sports" packages. Yes you get more with cable, but its the same with the stream you get the pet its something else that you can use, its not a perfect comparison but you get the idea.

They need to offer up blocks of content for 5 bucks a block or w/e. I will never pay 40 bucks to watch the ~3-4 hours of WoW related news.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to pay, just leaving that there...

But yes, it's definitely expensive, but it's also normal as organizing it is not cheap and they also have to get any benefit out of it.