Page 1 of 3
LastLast

BAN for farming (herb+mining)

Hello guys,

1week ago, i got perma BAN for using bots while faming. But I talk about it with GM, and I explain situation : When I'm on my meds, then i can't sleep, and I just fly and farm. No one whisp me, no one contact me, and after maybe 12h faming (cca 8:00pm > 8:00am), I got DC, and perma BAN. After I say this, then he give me only 72h locked.

Now I play again, but I'm scare from this ... Where Blizz takes evidence about using this software? Or ban everyone, who farm mats long time? ... and I dont want lose another acc (on my previos acc I got perma BAN when i was on work meeting, and no one from Blizz want talk about it with me). Have You some advices for future? Stargolem
    Last edited by Stargolem; 2013-10-31 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    Does it seem human to farm for 12 hours straight?

Im guessing that english is not your main language, but from what i gather, you're suffering from insomnia because of meds. So when you were farming for 12hours straight, you got DC'D and perma banned, then it changed to a 72hour lock because you told them your situation.

im not sure who "michal" is but it sounds to me that you're hiding something fishy. Blizz wouldn't have perma banned you for farming 12hours straight.

My suggestion to you is that if you want to play for long hours, farm, do a random heroic or dungeon, farm some more
    doing a dungeon or something every 2nd or 3rd hour would make you look less suspicious at least.

goodluck.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Why not? it's normal ... I love listen music, and fly around. And when Blizz want, he can contact me.
    Last edited by Stargolem; 2013-10-31 at 11:29 AM.

I suggest breaking up your farming by doing a BG/heroic.
    Something to make you look human.

That should fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargolem View Post
    Why not? it's normal ... I love listen music, and fly away around. And when Blizz want, he can contact me.
    sure, everyone loves listening to music and just chilling from time to time.
    but blizzard / gamemasters wont contact you for no reason, The "evidence" that he has is your movement patters, flying in the same repetitive patters over and over, never deviating from this is signs of botting programs.

so as i said, take breaks from farming every 2nd or 3d hour, do a dungeon, or sunsung ranch, or a battleground, whatever every now and then, and you should be fine
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    If doing the same thing over and over for hours at a time got you banned or locked, me and many others would have gotten into "trouble" a loooong time ago ingame.

Sorry but 9 out of 10 times this is just a case of "i used program x and didn't know it wasn't allowed, so i didn't mention it when outraged over my ban", or people thinking they'll somehow get their accs back by garnering sympathy on a 3rd party site when CS doesn't seem so nice anymore.

So you got perm banned for farming 12 hours straight? I highly doubt that there wasn't anything else involved.

I suggest you use multiple toons switching them every couple of hours so it does not looks like bot going non-stop and have each one setup to farm different areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about this, take breaks frequently (at least one 5 minute break per hour) and take longer breaks every 3-4 hours to eat. Or better yet, don't bot (this wouldn't be the first time someone started a thread over being banned for botting whilst claiming innocence).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    I haven't really farmed for 12 hours in a row but quite near of that actually and never ever get anything said by GM. There isn't anything wrong with farming, and GM's won't ban you because of that. There has to be something you haven't told us...

I'm a farmer, been a farmer for years now. On days where I have nothing else to do, I farm approx 8-10 hours straight in the same area, roughly the same route every time. Never been banned but most likely been reported a few times over the years, I'm not running any bot programs so my account comes out clean out of any investigations.

If you get perm banned from farming, it's either because someone has reported you and you do in fact run a bot program on your PC, or you got reported and a GM banned you without investigating which is highly unlikely.

Blizzard tends not to ban single bot users but rather wait, collect data and then shut down the program and do a massive ban wave. It sounds to me like there is something you are not telling us or you you might have been the victim of a very stupid GM acting on his own.

First and foremost,sitting in front of the computer screen for 12hours is not a healthy thing for you,you should know that,no matter what kind of meds you are on.That was a personal advice.On the other hand 12h non-stop gathering might not be the main ban reason ? Maybe someone reported you while you are gathering because of your routes and actions during the 12h timeline.

Also you have mentioned about your previous account,and action taken by Blizzard.As Nirse mentioned above,there has to be something you haven't mentioned,otherwise i suggest you to use or buy auth. device/software,at least you will have a proof to show.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like he just admitted that he was botting, so he's not hiding anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargolem View Post
    Hello guys,

1week ago, i got perma BAN for using bots while faming.

... Where Blizz takes evidence about using this software?

.. (on my previos acc I got perma BAN when i was on work meeting
    Also, no human can sit 12 hours straight doing a repetitive task imo, no matter what meds you are on. Everyone needs to take a small break from time to time and stretch, grab a drink or just take the mind off the game for a minute. If you don't, you will share the same fate as some korean players who game 24/7 without pauses. Death.

Blizzard can detect pauses from farming, and if none occur, then their system thinks you are a bot, which is 100% correct unless you're a hardcore chinese gold farmer that just switchs the farmer in midway. In that case you'd be breaking their terms as well though.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2013-10-31 at 01:11 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Dont do the crime, if you cant do the time.
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindico View Post
    I don't know if you know this, but people like different things. You can farm herbs without even looking at the screen that much. I've never farmed for 12 hours straight, but I certainly have played for 8 or 10 hours without much break. I don't think this is so strange.

You are right,people can like different things and can watch,listen,read,playing the game and such.But playing the game with it's several mechanics such as:Chatting,walking around,going after achivements,trade etc.These kind of tasks are different than the others, so you can continuously play the game without getting bored.However this guy has done the same task without getting a break for 12hours which is not definitely normal. Also thanks to Kuja,person who have created this topic,probably using a bot and now looking for justice on the forums(on the wrong forums i can say )

I'm not defending Blizzard for their actions but at least they are trying the protect in-game economy with this way.

A friend got banned for farming 8 hours in WG, DESPITE talking during it.

It took over a week to remove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

There was a time in my life where I buy huge bag of weed, and I just smoke it while farming herbs and ore in game (also some talking with friends on TS, and listening to music) - 16h straight - I got no ban, no wisps, nothing (and I make enough gold to not farm during cata EVER). Also I used same route while gathering, just like bot would do (if you use gatherer addon now it is easy to behave just like bot). Also if you have clear conscience then you would not be so scared that you can be banned ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindico View Post
    I wouldn't call it human. However (and no I do not and have never supported the use of bots) I have while it's rare on days off when I've just had nothing to do started Archy from like 7am till 12 that night none stop (other then breaks and food). There are times you just want to get something done or you have a goal and you just do it.