Thread: Push myself

Deleted

Push myself

After a 2-3 years of a not so healthy lifestyle I'd thought I'd get back on track.

I see these threads a lot and it's the same questions, people worry about diets or choice of excercise.

I however, get worried about 'injuries'. Not knee-injuries and such but on a bit more complex level. I worry about heart attacks and alike and it's getting really frustrating. Of course, I have not used my body in a long time, new aches and such are to be expected and I can tell myself that after it has settled. But when it's happening 'I'm dying' is all that goes through my mind.

I know it's very individualfhihdishdf(I gave up) but would you suggest that I should get over it and push myself, or that I stay on this level until I get used to it and slowly progress?

My text feels really stupid when I look at it, but hoping to get one or two answer none the less.

See your general practitioner and talk about a plan. Your GP will help monitor your progress and keep you from overdoing things.

While I am not a doctor, it's wildly unlikely that there's anything wrong that's not mental.

10+ Year Old Account
    Start easy and build up?

You seem young to me...don't worry about these issues. If you've determined you need to do something about your life - great! First step forward.

I'd recommend starting with basic cardio...running, swimming, that kinda thing, but if you're not into that, just try going outdoors more often, and then take on a sport you enjoy. Fastest way to heal your body and strengthen the basics.

But you also wanna stay away (assuming you do take these, if you don't ignore this) from alcohol or other harmful substances...running 3 miles a day won't do you any good if you binge drink alcohol every day. (Just an example, but wanted to get the point across.)

Good luck~

Deleted
    Push yourself (barring medical conditions ofc)..... I went from 40kg deadlifts to 165kg deadlifts in 5.5 months (yeah I died 4 times, so what).. Do some HIIT if your cardio is a worry, or the best cardio tool in the world, The Prowler, if your gym has one.

Also if you really are maxing out multiple days a week, a deload week can be very beneficial.
    http://www.tonygentilcore.com/blog/t...should-use-it/

The thing going through your mind should be the following

1. Time to put aside childish excuses and put in the work

2. no pain

3. This shit is easy

Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2013-11-11 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    The thing going through your mind should be the following
    When I push hard, I often think things like, "motherfuckers don't know what it's like to train hard". I don't know who those motherfuckers are, but I'll show them!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    When I push hard, I often think things like, "motherfuckers don't know what it's like to train hard". I don't know who those motherfuckers are, but I'll show them!
    " those motherfuckers "..... It´s that bro you see curling in the squat rack

I think it's pretty compareable to how I used to be. I did live healthy for a long time when I was a kid, I've spend 3 evenings practicing Judo (I attended a few tournaments even) untill I broke my ankle, in quite a bad way. Needed surgery twice, and my recovery took around 1,5 - 2 years. I've stopped practicing Judo, barely exercised (ofcourse I still walked a lot and went nearly everywhere on my bike).

I've spend around 6-7 years doing NOTHING but gaming and eating. I still attended my school/college. But never did anything healthy. I drank the most beers at gigs and festival, ate the most, chugged too much soda on a day.. Eventualy I came down to 136kg (I'm 1,94m). Seeing yourself getting at that point, and not having any stamina to do things.. Feels horrible! So I started out slowly, back early June. I started out very slowly, taking an hour 3 times a week for exercising. It involved several cardio, strech and small 'strength' exercises. It worked! I noticed I came further and further, could do more and more. It felt horrible the first few times, but what I did is try to see how far I could go and what realy was my "maximum to give". It's early November and I'm down to 119kg. Still going strong! I'm exercising 6 times a week now and 3 of those are strength training, for which I have a personal trainer.

When I look back at how I started, I actualy laugh. That, compared to now, I could barely do anything! So my suggestion, from a personal experience is to start slowly, but don't hold yourself back too much! And if the pains are too horrible, go see your doctor and maybe ask for a personal trainer as well. Could make a difference!