Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Realm of Shadows
    Instant 2-3min cooldown
    Requires Death Knight
    Requires level 92-100 / Talent

For short moment, you slip to the realm of shadows for 5 seconds. During that time, all your damage done is collected to your target debuff, which start dealing damage for 10 seconds, after you return from the Realm of Shadows. Also your damage taken during realm of shadows is converted to debuff, which start dealing damage to you for 10 seconds, after you return from the Realm of Shadows.

During on Wrath of the Lich King, we visited twice on Realm of Shadows on questing (Death Knights on start area and on Dragonblight), and I thought, would be a nice having Realm of Shadows making cameo, being unique ability which can work as a defensive and offensive cooldown, and being also double-edged sword, if wrongly timed. Debuff cannot be dispelled any means except immunity.
    Last edited by mmocf0128f3559; 2013-10-22 at 07:30 AM.

Deleted
    Well, just some overall toughts (im pretty much PVE only, but to hell with PVP):

- Do something with our mobility. We have no real way to close the gaps, we cant grip bosses, DA is somewhat lackluster - have to be an engineer, on long CD, and in real cheasy situations, you hava to pray for no mishaps.
    I think, on paper a reverseable grip (by a glyph) should do the trick.

- Rework army somehow. Its a pain in the ass, especially for a 10m CD (and for some extent, for a 10min CD, its weak).
    - Rework ERW. Is it really a 5 min DPS CD?
    - Well, rework our DPS CDs in general

- Do something with our resources. Sometimes i feel rune regeneration cluncky. Maybe reverse the whole thing, generate runes trough RP? (Well, it would be pretty close to rogues energy system, but that feels "smoother").
    (Well, this would be a pretty big overhaul).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Remove...the ability to apply all our diseases at once without having to spend a rune? Dear god why would you want that removed?
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Remove Icy Touch and Plague Strike instead. They're old, and nobody likes them anymore, anyway. They don't bring anything to our gameplay, apart from pure complexity for the sake of complexity.

On another note, the recurrent themes are apparently mobility, the talent tree, and the clunkiness of some of our oldest mechanics.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2013-10-22 at 11:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing....... a big fat NOTHING! And that applies to all classes...

One of WoW's biggest drawback is the constant change to the classes. More people dislike it, than like it.
    Me too I have to say..... It's getting old how to constantly have to "relearn" a class, just because of a new expansion. I find this as a sign of very poor game design. After almost 10 years one would think how the creators of the game finally figured out how a class should work.
    If players missing some kinds of feature on the class, well then roll one that has that feature. That's why there are a variety of classes.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Nothing....... a big fat NOTHING! And that applies to all classes...

One of WoW's biggest drawback is the constant change to the classes. More people dislike it, than like it.
    Me too I have to say..... It's getting old how to constantly have to "relearn" a class, just because of a new expansion. I find this as a sign of very poor game design. After almost 10 years one would think how the creators of the game finally figured out how a class should work.
    If players missing some kinds of feature on the class, well then roll one that has that feature. That's why there are a variety of classes.
    Good point, just like i hate what they did to 2h frost in MoP. I dislike most of the changes to DK's in MOP in general, but espesially 2h frost was ruined for me. DK's were in a good spot in Wotlk and Cata. MOP messed stuff up. WHy do they have to change everything when people are happy? Just because some whiners on the forums want new stuff just because another class has that stuff doesn't mean that blizzard have to listen....

Made a thread about this - How WoW classes has grown closer to each other, becomming less unique because all classes gets everything.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post22918370
    Last edited by Wrien; 2013-10-22 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    normal taunt back for dps.
    This. A million times this.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Had some more time to think about this. Some other things on my wish list:

A talent tier that embodies a 'cross train' choice from each of our three themes. Something like:
    1. Blood themed: X% damage done as self-heal or shield
    2. frost themed: X% chance to have rune-using strikes cleave Y nearby targets
    3. unholy themed: X% chance to have diseases do double damage or some such

A talent tier that makes 2h or DW an option (not always the most optimal, but not off the table) for any spec. Not sure how that would end up working, but maybe something like:
    1. Weapon (style agnostic) rune-using strikes have a chance to not consume runes or generate extra RP or some such (any-weapon resource filler)
    2. DW rune-using strikes always use the offhand as well and OH damage improved by X% (DW amplification)
    3. 2H rune-using strikes ignore X% armor (2H amplification).

Spec specific movement boost:
    Blood: Vampire wings (gobbo glider style? We'd never get a full-able player fly, I'd bet)
    Frost: Some directional charge with an AoE damage landing (like the boots from the gobsquad scenario, but with a fixed distance)
    Unholy: Enemy-Targetted leap with single-target damage (pounce style)

I've always wanted a reverse-execute on some class (more damage or able on high-HP targets rather than low hp targets), so maybe a way to reverse soul reaper to do bonus damage to targets in their top X%.

Remove...the ability to apply all our diseases at once without having to spend a rune? Dear god why would you want that removed?
    It's superfluous, the very definition of button bloat. We already can apply diseases through icy touch, plague strike, and (if we choose it) unholy blight. Most people just use Outbreak to save 1 rune per minute.

Removing Icy Touch and Plague Strike would work too, but then why would we use two diseases?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It's superfluous, the very definition of button bloat. We already can apply diseases through icy touch, plague strike, and (if we choose it) unholy blight. Most people just use Outbreak to save 1 rune per minute.

Removing Icy Touch and Plague Strike would work too, but then why would we use two diseases?
    Why should we use two, anyway?

Because our mechanics got old, and boring. IT/PS are awful abilities to use when tanking. They're not even on my toolbar anymore, since glyphed Outbreak + Blood Boil does the job almost perfectly.

Truth is, as a 25m tank, if the physical debuff wasn't tied to blood plague, I wouldn't even apply diseases on my targets, except maybe for AoE threat.

At some point the only reply is "because that's how it's always worked". DKs could work just fine with only a single disease, and plague strike has always been a pretty unexciting button to push.

10+ Year Old Account
    A spammable range nuke (either on runes or rp). That's what i'd like to see .
    Or different kinds of undead minions .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Three words: SUMMON FROST WYRM 5min damage CD

3min cd on Empower Rune Weapon.
    AOE RP dump.
    DPS Taunt.

/thread

It's superfluous, the very definition of button bloat. We already can apply diseases through icy touch, plague strike,
    So you would rather spend 2 runes, and 2 gcds to get your diseases and rotation up and running, all so you can have one less button on your bar? To each their own, but I find that idea insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Glyph Death Grip and have it reversed.
    If I could only have ONE addition, THIS would be it!

So you would rather spend 2 runes, and 2 gcds to get your diseases and rotation up and running, all so you can have one less button on your bar? To each their own, but I find that idea insanity.
    I try not to look at it as "buffs for my class" and more of a "what would be best for the game". Of course YMMV.

I like the idea of reverse grip glyph. Easy to do.

I love the idea of making unholy pets to be the same as hunter pets. Let us go out into the world and tame undead mobs so we can choose what kind of pet we want.

Mostly I would like some quality of life changes that a lot of people have already listed and for my big cooldowns to actually be a huge increase and not just temporarily flood me with resources I can't use effectively.

I would love the old death pizzas to return as well. Was so cool the arms coming from the ground and stopping people. Make it a new spell and have it be separate instead of just triggered off necro to make it a choice instead of just a baseline slow.

Biggest thing I want though... to not be so damned squishy. I am death walking around in the heaviest armor available and I am always the target even when some wizard in robes is standing next to me?

I try not to look at it as "buffs for my class" and more of a "what would be best for the game". Of course YMMV.
    Removing Outbreak in no way improves, betters, or benefits "the game" either, so like I said.

That's where the YMMV comes in, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    DW and 2h different playstyles removed:
    - Treat of Thassarian now makes all weapon strikes hit with both weapons(No other bonuses from it).
    - Might of the Frozen Wastes increases all melee damage by 15% (No other bonuses from it)
    (No other bonuses from it).
    - Obliterate damage increased to 300% weapon damage (up from 250%). No longer deals more damage on diseased targets, but instead ignores 20% armor per diseases on the target.
    - Frost Strike damage increased to 175% weapon damage (up from 115%).
    - Howling Blast damage stays the same, but Rime increases Howling Blast damage by 30%. This will remove the Howling Blast spam for DW, but it wont be as huge dps-loss for 2h (as it is now) if you use it over Obliterate at times. Obliterate should be favored over HB for DW as well on single-target, while Rime increases it's damage which will make DW use it as well. This will remove the over focus on Obliterate for 2h, giving 2h more rune.freedom espesially in pvp, while DW will use some Obltierates as well.

1 new skill for Frost

Deathchill(brougth back and redesigned):
    45 sec CD
    Empowers your next skill, removing the cost and grants it additional effects:
    - Obliterate knocks the target back
    - Frost Strike freezes (deep freeze) the target for 3 sec
    - Howling Blast deals primary damage to all enemies and also infects them with blood plague
    - Death Strike heals you for 20% of your health
    - Chains of Ice effects 3 nearby enemies
    - Icy Touch (if glyphed) becomes a placeable aoe skill, dispelling 2 benefictial magical effects from enemies within 10 yards.

Talent changes:
    Hungering Cold (replaces Remorseless Winter)
    1 min CD
    same as in Wotlk, but has a 1 sec uninterruptible cast-time
    That sounds so incredibly fun dude, probably the most realistic/fun new skill I've seen a player come up with ^.^

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to play my DK again, but blizz should really do some kinda of update to our resource system. Another thing that would be nice is for us to get some useful utility I felt so worthless compared to a warrior. Single target taunt as well!!!

Still waiting on APOCALPYSE!!!!!

Make it a RP based AoE Nuke, perhaps a channel for RP/Sec