15+ Year Old Account

what will happen to the mass Draenei genocide?

title pretty much says it all. thoughts?

Well, it seems to be implied that WoW time travel won't be like the butterfly effect; i.e. stepping on a bug will destroy the present Azeroth.

If Garrosh is able to go back in time and stop the Orcs from drinking the Blood of Mannoroth, it's perfectly possible that we'll be able to stop a huge number of things from ever happening too; such as the genocide of the Draenei, or the corruption/fall of Karabor.

In keeping with the butterfly effect however, I sense this expansion will have many knock-on effects. Going back in time to stop Arthas from becoming the Lich King? Going back in time to stop Deathwing from causing the Shattering? Time will tell.

opening is we the players protect the karabor/black temple before the sac and that becomes the alliance base of operations.

15+ Year Old Account
    yes but werent the Orcs generally a peace-loving race? in the trailer we see them as a -brutish- -not so peace loving- -industrialized- race. did Garrosh turn them into that? if they are not under the influence of demons...then how the hell did they turn into -the iron horde?-

Garrosh couldn't even hold the modern horde together, he's a pisspoor leader...and now he travels back in time and unites all Orcs??? and turns them into the iron horde? this is fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    yes but werent the Orcs generally a peace-loving race? in the trailer we see them as a -brutish- -not so peace loving- -industrialized- race. did Garrosh turn them into that? if they are not under the influence of demons...then how the hell did they turn into -the iron horde?-

Garrosh couldn't even hold the modern horde together, he's a pisspoor leader...and now he travels back in time and unites all Orcs??? and turns them into the iron horde? this is fishy.
    Simple: modern technology. An orc comes back with all sorts of magic tech and whatever from our world, shows it to his dad, and says, "Check this out". Iron horde. Boom.

Deleted
    I have a feeling Garrosh isn't going to be in charge of the Iron Horde. At most he'll be a figurehead or the spark that gets it started.

Orcs have never really been peace loving. They fought other clans and the ogres constantly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GangRapeORama View Post
    Simple: modern technology. An orc comes back with all sorts of magic tech and whatever from our world, shows it to his dad, and says, "Check this out". Iron horde. Boom.
    I doubt a fugitive can carry much to bring with him. besides the Draenei, even back then, were ages ahead of Orcs.

Deleted
    For the looks of it, we get to the alternate timeline just when the Iron Horde is about to attack Karabor, so we stop the genocide.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt a fugitive can carry much to bring with him. besides the Draenei, even back then, were ages ahead of Orcs.
    A goblin tech book is not that big.

10+ Year Old Account
    they were warlike, but they were neither organized nor genocidal before the influence of Nerzhul and Guldan

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Well, it seems to be implied that WoW time travel won't be like the butterfly effect; i.e. stepping on a bug will destroy the present Azeroth.

If Garrosh is able to go back in time and stop the Orcs from drinking the Blood of Mannoroth, it's perfectly possible that we'll be able to stop a huge number of things from ever happening too; such as the genocide of the Draenei, or the corruption/fall of Karabor.

In keeping with the butterfly effect however, I sense this expansion will have many knock-on effects. Going back in time to stop Arthas from becoming the Lich King? Going back in time to stop Deathwing from causing the Shattering? Time will tell.
    stop me if i'm wrong... but if the stopping of the drinking the blood of mannoroth is done then... wouldnt that also mean that the forming of the lich king will also be null and void? since ner'zhul is one of the 7, therefore his soul wont be taken by the burning legion and encased in a suit of armor...

anyway OT!!! by the looks of things in the trailer, i guess that we will take part in the event, leading up to the evacuation of the draenei and hopefully disabling the iron horde additions