Why Draneor? Who is the enemy?

The nice features aside this trailer did not tell us anything about the things that come. We see Horde and Alliance fight - but who do they fight? Each other? Why? Over Draenor? Draenor is destroyed, how can we play on Draenor? When the orc shaman Ner'zhul recklessly opened dimensional portals to find new worlds to conquer, Draenor was torn apart and believed completely lost. However, a large fragment of the world remained intact. That fragment is known today as Outland.

So is the whole expansion in the past? I NEED EXPLANATIONS?!?!
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They fight another version of ''Horde'' in short as much as I'll even admit to it as a Horde fanatic why the fuck are we doing this Orc shit again like really I'll play it don't get me wrong but arg...the orcs as it was already had there moment in terms of well moment aka Garrosh and his ''True'' Horde now apparently we're fighting the ''Iron'' Horde

So... annoyed right now lol

And yes OP welcome to time travel we're in the actual WORLD not a pile of shit land rather the entire world of the orcs and drenai.

10+ Year Old Account
    The enemies are the Warlords of Draenor, the corrupted leaders of the Orcish Horde during the First War.

Ner'Zhul! The Shaman who ultimately destroyed his world and became the first Lich King.

Blackhand, the brutish overlord of the Blackrock clan and first Warchief. If Garrosh had a role model, it would be him (even if he thought it would be Grom).

Gul'Dan, the snivelling and scheming toady who betrayed his people to the Burning Legion who had Thrall's parents murdered.

Kilrogg Deadeye, leader of the Bleeding Hollow Clan.

Grom Hellscream, father of Garrosh.

Why Draenor?

Blizzard Public Reason: Players haven't experienced the rich tapestry of Warcraft before the MMORPG, so this is our way to bring that experience to them.

Blizzard Internal reason: F*CK!!! We need to juice our player base back up!!! They kept bitching about BC being their favorite expansion? OK - lets do some shit with that!!

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    They fight another version of ''Horde'' in short as much as I'll even admit to it as a Horde fanatic why the fuck are we doing this Orc shit again like really I'll play it don't get me wrong but arg...the orcs as it was already had there moment in terms of well moment aka Garrosh and his ''True'' Horde now apparently we're fighting the ''Iron'' Horde

So... annoyed right now lol

And yes OP welcome to time travel we're in the actual WORLD not a pile of shit land rather the entire world of the orcs and drenai.
    The way Metzen worded it actually made it sound like the past Draenor is being pulled to present day, not the other way around. I don't think this is about us traveling back in time, but about the past colliding with the future in present time.

We'll know soon with the panel.

At least one female warlord too, in the wolf head.

So we get a major retcon or Garrosh will fail and all we do is meaninless since the future is already set? This is soooooo lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    So we get a major retcon or Garrosh will fail and all we do is meaninless since the future is already set? This is soooooo lame.
    Will probably be an alternate timeline, like the one thrall visited in his novel with the still alive Taretha.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Metzen just said there is a REAL bad guy behind the scenes directing events.

Let the theorizing begin.

Has to be someone we know otherwise the ultimate reveal will fall flat.

You know OP, you may be the first person to ask the question that will vex us for the next few patches.

Who IS the enemy?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/

The website is live.

The only real guys behind alterning the timeline are those:

Maybe they got corrupted by the old gods...

Metzen also said, "Wait till you see who signs Deathwing's paycheck!" We are still waiting!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, Metzen just said there is a REAL bad guy behind the scenes directing events.
    Spoiler, its Ghostcrawler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoooter View Post
    At least one female warlord too, in the wolf head.
    Its nice that they have choosen at least one with Khadgar.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/

The dramarturgy of the Trailer is messed up.

The random epics for quest thats a nice feature.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-11-08 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    The enemies are the Warlords of Draenor, the corrupted leaders of the Orcish Horde during the First War.

Ner'Zhul! The Shaman who ultimately destroyed his world and became the first Lich King.

Blackhand, the brutish overlord of the Blackrock clan and first Warchief. If Garrosh had a role model, it would be him (even if he thought it would be Grom).

Gul'Dan, the snivelling and scheming toady who betrayed his people to the Burning Legion who had Thrall's parents murdered.

Kilrogg Deadeye, leader of the Bleeding Hollow Clan.

Grom Hellscream, father of Garrosh.
    Can't wait to fight these guys, they're pretty much my dream-team of X-Pac bad guys, love them all.
    Admittedly we didn't need more Orc stuff, could've gone an expansion without it, but whatever it's not like I care I like this Lore, I'm just voicing how others may be annoyed at it, I personally like it, so I don't care what they think of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Why Draenor?

Blizzard Public Reason: Players haven't experienced the rich tapestry of Warcraft before the MMORPG, so this is our way to bring that experience to them.

Blizzard Internal reason: F*CK!!! We need to juice our player base back up!!! They kept bitching about BC being their favorite expansion? OK - lets do some shit with that!!
    I'm just gonna quote this post and leave it like that.Although I'm super excited they are bringing WoW back to its WarCraft core (before the MMO)