Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

to those underwhelmed by WoD

especially those 'threatening' to unsub.

WoW is 9 years old. since its release, the world has changed. there are now almost 1 billion more people in the world since WoW's release. people have changed. you, as a player, have changed. when WoW was released, MMOs in general were still fresh as a concept. everquest was starting its death, and WoW its birth.

things have changed. smartphones, tablets, facebook, dubstep, justin bieber, introversion is now out and extroversion is now in. (sorry for the meta juxtaposition there).

if you were around since the beginning you are now 9 years older. maybe your priorities have changed. maybe you want partner or have one, maybe you want to focus on your career or need one. maybe you have kids or want kids. maybe you have a dog, or want a dog. maybe 42. i don't know.

so much 'disappointment' from all the loyal fans... ...

it was clear as daylight to me from the opening ceremony that things have calmed down a lot on the blizzard front, the WoW front, the gaming community in general. WoW is going on to its 5th expac. its just going to lose more momentum from here on out. its playerbase has grown up, and those within in it that haven't have bigger problems than a shitty xpac.

blackhand, khadgar, ner'zhul, grommash... money, bitches, cars, family, sex, skyscrapers and xbox one. xbox on. xbox answer call. xbox go home. 'prayshayshun'.

meditate on those words.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Maybe Blizzard spread their quality developers too thin - WoW SC2+ Expansions Diablo3+ Expansions Hearhtstone Heroes of Storm Titan + someone hinted Warcraft 4 once.

On the other hand... They announced "a new world". Not just some Zones. A world.
    They also hinted more zones being added in feature patches. Even a whole continent south full of Ogres they can add.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They also hinted more zones being added in feature patches. Even a whole continent south full of Ogres they can add.
    When Boeing announces its new airliner, they don't just hint that there might be better engines added later, you usually throw all you've got that's hard and palpable into the release.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    When Boeing announces its new airliner, they don't just hint that there might be better engines added later, you usually throw all you've got that's hard and palpable into the release.
    Then what is there to add in later patches?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

OMGZ LOL Airliner does not = video game

New race and not absolutely ruining hardcore raiding was all I asked for.

They disappointed in both ways.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I started in Nov 04. and im excited for the new expac.

Deleted
    granted. this was aimed at vets.

Hinting something doesnt mean much. Didnt they hint last expansion that they would patch in new models?
    Also you can see it the other way around, that they are just not done in time with this expansion and have to release netherstorm at a later stage.
    "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell!"

WoW leveling/heroic/LFR difficulty in one line of code:
    do {press (AnyKey)} until MobHealth=0;

Deleted
    This just proves how retard people will go to try and prove a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulli View Post
    Hinting something doesnt mean much. Didnt they hint last expansion that they would patch in new models?
    Also you can see it the other way around, that they are just not done in time with this expansion and have to release netherstorm at a later stage.
    basically netherstorm becomes patch content and anything they couldn't finish in time really. Like I'm positive netherstorm probably includes a raid with it as well. It's fucking brilliant actually, if any other company did this you'd be accusing them of holding back for dlc. Instead cause it's blizzard people insist they're getting so much...

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    That's the southern island under Nagrand. The landmass below the island is unknown at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    That's the southern island under Nagrand. The landmass below the island is unknown at this point.
    Two more patches. Oh shit. Right up till 7.0

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    New race and not absolutely ruining hardcore raiding was all I asked for.

They disappointed in both ways.
    Redone old races > new races, why would anyone want a new race that only 5-10% of the playerbase MIGHT use when they could redo the old races that 90-95% currently use

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    basically netherstorm becomes patch content and anything they couldn't finish in time really. Like I'm positive netherstorm probably includes a raid with it as well. It's fucking brilliant actually, if any other company did this you'd be accusing them of holding back for dlc. Instead cause it's blizzard people insist they're getting so much...
    See, I'm perfectly fine with Netherstorm being added later. We have what six zones on launch for leveling? Which is good we don't need a ton of leveling zones. Add in zones later in patches when you can add more story to it, offer dungeons, raids etc to go with it. Otherwise you introduce all the zones and then they just sit there as time goes on.

Everytime I hear people say "They need to add X zone at start or they are lazy" it reminds me of Crystalsong Forest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    On the other hand... They announced "a new world". Not just some Zones. A world.
    Uhm.. don't want to disappoint you but there is no difference between "new world" and "new zones". For players it always looks like few locations on square piece of map.
    UNLESS they'll make a spherical map and players will be able circumnavigate the new world. Which is highly doubtful because modern blizzard is very lazy and adding even this simple feature is to hard for them.

I like the usage of threatening to unsub, let them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    See, I'm perfectly fine with Netherstorm being added later. We have what six zones on launch for leveling? Which is good we don't need a ton of leveling zones. Add in zones later in patches when you can add more story to it, offer dungeons, raids etc to go with it. Otherwise you introduce all the zones and then they just sit there as time goes on.

Everytime I hear people say "They need to add X zone at start or they are lazy" it reminds me of Crystalsong Forest.
    They aren't gonna offer any more dungeons Honestly I see what you mean but isn't that just less reason to buy WoD at launch and wait till they have more shit ready? Or till they put it on sale?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you even pay attention to them?

People need to stop getting disapointed they did not get what they wanted to get, I am glad we are getting something unexpected.