Thread: T100 Shaman

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    See that's what I thought it did also, but in the tooltip it says hits random enemies, which is what confuses me. And why I did my weird examples in my previous post. It would be a lot better if it was just like a fire nova/magama totem pulse that spewed out of whatever other fire totem we dropped (ST or FET) but again, with it saying random, does that mean a a single random enemy each pulse, a set number of random enemies each pulse or a random number of random enemies each pulse. They need to clarify what it means, or just rework it to effectively give our fire totems a fire nova/magma totem pulse every sec. It would make just slightly more appealing.
    What i got from the tooltip is that the spell will summon some sort of lava "buble" like the when you kill the blobs trash before Primordius in ToT, they target an enemy and on reaching it they explode in AoE
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

I love them; they are primal, crude, and thus fit the theme of the class.
    They are obviously not final though, but the damage of Lava Spew seems quite high considering the item squish.

I do think blizz had a point when they decided they wouldn't be adding new spells on our castbars. But i really hope this won't turn out to be a handy excuse for a lack of focus on classdesign. To be honest i would't mind if they took away some of our spells and abillities. But i do expect they will address some of the long outstanding shaman class issues. I wanna see some vision. I want to get the feeling someone at blizzard did spend some time on our class, listened to our concerns, and presents us with a solid classdesign. I don't wanna see some fast lackbuster additions to our current design. Those new talents should be an integrated designchoise.

Deleted
    These are very underwhelming, I like that most of them don't require an additional keybind, but as an Enhancement shaman I'm not particularly excited, having said that though, I wouldn't be sure what I wanted if you asked me. Still early days, will be interesting to see where these talents go from here, assuming they do change.

Deleted
    God, I'm really slow.

Anyone else click on this thinking it had something to do with a Tier 100 Armor set?

I need to go to bed...

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    These are very underwhelming, I like that most of them don't require an additional keybind, but as an Enhancement shaman I'm not particularly excited, having said that though, I wouldn't be sure what I wanted if you asked me. Still early days, will be interesting to see where these talents go from here, assuming they do change.
    I think you're somewhat touching on the issue of "where exactly can Blizz take the spec?" It seems like there is probably always an expectation, on players' parts, that we want to see some huge new talents of awesomesauceness, with a new xpac. But, at what point does blizz step over the line, into ridiculousness, a la making a talent where we turn undead, equip an arcanite ripper, and jump onto a dinosaur's back, where the dinosaur is "manning" a giant frickin' laser gun, which is mounted onto a giant frickin' flying shark (which also has rockets)?

It seems like there's always going to need to be some balance, where blizz puts out some awesome new abilities, while leaving themselves room to add new awesome abilities the very next xpac.

As for me, I've been wanting a lightning elemental for years.

Deleted
    I always thought having another elemental would be a nice idea, whether it would be a water or storm/wind elemental I didn't care about. Having said that, I think it is time to detach all of our elementals from the totem system. Being tied to a totem is just a liability in pvp and one I'd like to see removed. The other talents are also not really all that good in pvp I think (Enha pov). Upgrading your 5 hp Searing Totem to do some extra, random, damage doesn't seem like a stellar idea and a random proc on Lightning Shield is also the opposite of what you want in pvp.
    I really hope we get something else or the talents will be tweaked a bit. I pretty sure they will be though because these are most likely only the earliest ideas they have come up with so far.

Funny how a lot of people throw the "looks crappy" around.

Sorry...what?

Storm Elemental would be a 3rd Healing CD for DPS Shaman that would also be a DPS up to use. That sounds fantastic for earning a raid spot.

Lava Spew - Finally some complexity (even if it's simple) to our AoE.

Lightning Shield - Passive DPS up.

High Tide - Wow...

For this being the first version of the level 100 talents that go public, they look fairly effective and useful. All three talents have a viable place/use for PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhal6 View Post
    Funny how a lot of people throw the "looks crappy" around.

Sorry...what?

Storm Elemental would be a 3rd Healing CD for DPS Shaman that would also be a DPS up to use. That sounds fantastic for earning a raid spot.

Lava Spew - Finally some complexity (even if it's simple) to our AoE.

Lightning Shield - Passive DPS up.

High Tide - Wow...

For this being the first version of the level 100 talents that go public, they look fairly effective and useful. All three talents have a viable place/use for PvE.
    Not everyone is elemental
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    And pve only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

First of all... it's for both Elemental and Enhance - the DPS based talents.

Secondly, did you read High Tide for Resto? Try to tell me that's not OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhal6 View Post
    First of all... it's for both Elemental and Enhance - the DPS based talents.

Secondly, did you read High Tide for Resto? Try to tell me that's not OP.
    Enhancement does not need more aoe complexity, the dps increases are passive and random.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Enhancement does not need more aoe complexity, the dps increases are passive and random.
    Pushing 1 button every minute (maybe 45 secs) is complicated ? I'm pretty sure you could even macro it.

They're not all passives per se, but let's not discuss semantics, look at what other classes got : passives. What is wrong with passive anyway, we can't get a new CD every expansion, it just doesn't make sense.

The only random DPS talent is Storm Armor, then again, if you take in on a pure single target DPS it's not random anymore.

Deleted
    Dear god no more DPS CDs. If anything we need less button bloating than anything. I welcome all the passives we get through lv100 talents but something along the lines of Might of Malorne for Druids. The only problem is when we don't have any spec specific stuff to go passive since there is no resource for Ele/Enh outside of maybe LS/MSW stacks without it being random in some situations like Rainstorm is for non-single target.

I'd begin with removing Magma Totem, Spiritwalker's Grace (For Enh), Healing Rain (Ele and Enh because fuck conductivity thats why), Earthquake (For Ele) and to some extent Unleash Elements being more useful to Elemental outside of freakin Unleashed Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Pushing 1 button every minute (maybe 45 secs) is complicated ? I'm pretty sure you could even macro it.

They're not all passives per se, but let's not discuss semantics, look at what other classes got : passives. What is wrong with passive anyway, we can't get a new CD every expansion, it just doesn't make sense.

The only random DPS talent is Storm Armor, then again, if you take in on a pure single target DPS it's not random anymore.
    Lava Spew is random as well the only difference between the two is that lava spew does splash dmg

I for one really like the look of Storm Elemental. Storm Armor seems less interesting but as a passive you don't have to worry about that will always be doing damage to something be it a boss or mob it might be nice for not cluttering priority. Spew lava on the other hand I am not sure I would use.

Read the arguments and context, not one quote. And as others mentioned lava spew is also random.

Oh and I've looked at other classes, hunters dk's and priests were the ones I looked at first. Can you tell me passive still?

How can you say Lava Spew is random ? It hits a random target for AOE damage, who cares if it's random or not, it's AOE, it's going to hit every targets in 8y regardless of who was the target. Sure if the targets you have to DPS are spread it won't hit them all but guess what ? That's not AOE anymore. You saw the word random in the tooltip and unpluged your brain to complain about it...

I don't want to go and compare classes 1 to 1 in a vacuum because this is not constructive, but all classes got a mix of passives and actives.

How can you say Lava Spew is random ? It hits a random target for AOE damage, who cares if it's random or not, it's AOE, it's going to hit every targets in 8y regardless of who was the target. Sure if the targets you have to DPS are spread it won't hit them all but guess what ? That's not AOE anymore. You saw the word random in the tooltip and unpluged your brain to complain about it...

I don't want to go and compare classes 1 to 1 in a vacuum because this is not constructive, but all classes got a mix of passives and actives.
    You say I unplugged my brain and then spew that shit about not being AoE?

I guess Starfall isn't aoe either because it isn't 8 yards? Rain of fire? Let's just say magma totem is the only aoe.

Impossible to discuss with.

Wat.

So multidotting is AoE ? I guess the word AREA doesn't matter.