Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really happy about this. I saw a screenshot of an ilvl 528 Prot Paladin with 45.9k HP

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ARGH, how is this a bad change? It won't affect soloing and makes the numbers more controllable and not stupid.

Seriously, how is this a bad change?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Now every expansion, Blizzard releases a new class, or 2 new races into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Why would someone create malware for a mac? Is there a black market for photo albums of cats and half written novels?

Deleted
    Even if soloing is hurt... I don't get how that can be bad in a MMO game... Do you get the words that really matter?

Deleted
    This is the only feature or whatever I hate about WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    I would be okay with numbers that would be of equivalent to Wotlk. That felt right for the high end. What we have now with MoP is just insanity math.
    The problem is this is incredibly arbitrary. It feels "right" but what does that mean? I agree the numbers are out of control, but one of my favorite things is soloing old content. They have said many times this won't be affected, but these numbers are pretty intense. 200 DPS is something like TBC level. I just hope they know what they're doing.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    This looks just below ilvl 200 weapons, which is Naxx, which makes sense for something from LFR. Wrath stats seems like a good place to start.

The ilvl hasn't changed though so stat budgets is what may have been changed? Since the way stats are calculated was changed and not the ilvl maybe we can see a slower progression of stats all throughout the expansion, delaying the power creep. If not, since we are starting at Wrath levels, we may end the expansion at higher gear levels than we had in Cata, which would really just bring us to the same problem again far too quickly.

As for soloing content, I welcome this change ever more. The disgusting power creep has made soloing most stuff arbitrary, boring, which is pretty much the opposite of what you would expect from it. If this change makes soloing old raids more exciting than just a walk in the park it is now then more reason to do it in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Doing some simple math, the 2 main stats and the 2 secondary stats get reduced by approximately 96% (weapon DPS too). We all knew numbers were getting out of control, but this seems a bit extreme. I seriously hope it doesn't affect our ability to solo content.]
    Tell me.. Boss health/dmg reduced by same amount as this, How on earth can this affect our ability to solo old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelys View Post
    ARGH, how is this a bad change? It won't affect soloing and makes the numbers more controllable and not stupid.

Seriously, how is this a bad change?
    You're trying to argue with people who don't understand that it won't affect soloing (atleast not to the degree they're afraid it will). Many just think it will make THEIR character weaker compaired to everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansi View Post
    That's awesome, nothing else needs to be said
    Yup AWESOME !

That weapon has around the same stats as an ilvl 226 weapon pre cata buff, i'm glad we are getting wotlk numbers back, instead of the stupid high numbers today

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    which would really just bring us to the same problem again far too quickly.
    if the squish goes well it might just become "the norm" upon expansion launches to just squish everything down again
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    if blizzard does it right, it shouldn't be a problem. all the older content will just be scaled way down too so bosses like kael will do 96% less dsmage and less health.
    I remember they said something about the rest of the world being scaled down aswell. I dont see how 96% is any difference compared to, lets say 70%. As long as it gets low again and it doesnt effect what everyone wants to still be able to do its a win win situation

But the Item Squish is 100% confirmed now? I didnt hear anything about it yesterday

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is bullshit.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You're trying to argue with people who don't understand that it won't affect soloing (atleast not to the degree they're afraid it will). Many just think it will make THEIR character weaker compaired to everything else.
    I kinda get that, but they've already said it won't. Maybe it's weird I don't see it as my character getting weaker, but instead just a logical solution to the inflation of numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Now every expansion, Blizzard releases a new class, or 2 new races into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Why would someone create malware for a mac? Is there a black market for photo albums of cats and half written novels?

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as I can solo LK and Yogg for mounts next expansion I don't care what the stats look like.

Anyone ready for 2400% determination buff in Molton Core?

Considering numbers have skyrocketed lately, this is really needed. All good.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    if the squish goes well it might just become "the norm" upon expansion launches to just squish everything down again

at some point though you won't be able to squish anymore.

though since all content below 100 will be irelevent anyway, they could just totally remove the ilvl jumps from 60-70, 70-80, 8-85, 85-90, so that the jumps are no different than 40-50 for example. that would help get stats down quite a bit

That looks more like old content scaling than the actual squish. I'd imagine the actual squish will be pretty big but still quite a bit smaller than op claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    That's retarded nothing else needs to be said.
    Must be the instance scaled version, not an actual squish. Though I see our mathematically challenged friends would rejoice this kinda change.

In before "current numbers clutter the screen" -> Previously unknown top secret ability now revealed: you can turn off the combat numbers.