Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    I don't understand all of u people disliking flying. What in the world is wrong with you? Just use your damn ground mounts, stop ruining the fun for everyone else. Or go play GW2 or some other crappy restriction induced MMO.
    I don't understand all of u people disliking not flying. What in the world is wrong with you? Just use your damn ground mounts stop ruining the fun for everyone else that doesn't want to have a druid they were fighting just SM and fly away. Or go play hello kitty island adventure or some other happy hug each other MMO.

Deleted
    In that case, how would you fix the issues with world PVP? Every class has away of getting out of combat quickly and flying away in 1.5 seconds. Perhaps some net you could throw that stops flying for 60 seconds or something?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah lets get rid of flying and piss off those who spent money in the Blizz store buying flying mounts.. lol Great move..

Ban OP until he posts the Russel Brand interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Except the crucial conjuncture here is that he has things he wants to do that he has to FORGO doing because other people think he needs a ground mount to get everywhere.
    If there were no flying mounts I dont think he would have the same feeling he had to do it. I mean without flying mounts he could invest the same amount of time and still complete the same amount of things he wanted to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Flying is one of those features that Blizzard needs to ignore community requests for, because the community genuinely doesnt realise why the game and them are better off with it.

I really hope they change to this.

Is there any proof the OP interview quote is real? SO far I cant find anything to back it up.
    Fixed that for you.
    Removing flying will cause more problems than it'd solve. Personally, I don't want world pvp, and those that say they do are either people who gank lowbies, or "elite arena masters" with 1.2k rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    The No-Flying servers will be ghost towns .
    In that case, they could the lower the amount of servers and attempt to merge them or connected realm them. I don't understand rolling on a PVP enabled server if you only ever want to attempt to avoid PVP. Like those people who get mega-mad during the zombie event.

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Will just end the subscriptions of the people who don't have enough time . The one with job and family.
    The children will still play cause they have enough time .
    If this is what will boost the game significantly... enjoy your future 13 years old guildmaster and your 13 years old officers.
    It's the 13 year olds complaining and threatening to quit over this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    If there were no flying mounts I dont think he would have the same feeling he had to do it. I mean without flying mounts he could invest the same amount of time and still complete the same amount of things he wanted to do.
    You're in absolutely no position to make that call. Seeing as the sentiments he's expressing are quite to the opposite of that affect.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    So why does the thread title have Russel Brand in it? I'm thinking we should spam the thread asking this question until the OP answers it or the title gets changed. No, I'm not joking. I actually would've happily avoided this thread if it didn't have a misleading title.
    Cause there is no interview lol, this is a troll thread, no source was posted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    It's the 13 year olds complaining and threatening to quit over this.
    QFT - If you don't have time to play a game which requires commitment then perhaps you have your priorities wrong? When I become a father, I'm quitting gaming altogether. Why not spend some time with the wife and kids and not on a computer?

Quote Originally Posted by SwordsforDinner View Post
    In that case, how would you fix the issues with world PVP? Every class has away of getting out of combat quickly and flying away in 1.5 seconds. Perhaps some net you could throw that stops flying for 60 seconds or something?
    It was mostly a play on that guy's post showing it was 100% his perspective that he can't understand that people have differing opinions.

But yeah they could just make it that you can't fly while pvp flagged.(not just pvp servers). PvP flag is easily removed by getting on a FP.

Prbly bad english.

GC and Russel brand interview. Might not have flying mounts at 100 til 6.1!
    GC and Russel Brower interview. Might not have flying mounts at 100 til 6.1!
    GC and Russel, brand new interview. Might not have flying mounts at 100 til 6.1!

Why would flying mounts make gathering mats faster? I thought it was all relative. I'm assuming you want some sort of advantage, that you're progressive oriented. Then it doesnt matter if you're going with you'r normal mount or flying mount, since it's all relative to other players. If everyone can fly, everyone will fly. Only difference is that if you go by ground you can, if you're interested, enjoy the game world.

If your a druid you can herb while in bird form. Avoiding the dismounting and mounting cast time. And to answer your
    "Only difference is that if you go by ground you can, if you're interested, enjoy the game world." That's just your opinion. I enjoy the world by flying from above. Getting to points that no land mount could ever touch. If you don't want to fly at early levels then don't ,just stop trying to force others into your view of thinking.

Because I don't want to wade through an army of enemy NPCs hoping they wont daze me off and destroy me whenever I want to simply get to one damn point of interest.

Maybe I'm not interested in fighting my way through that patch of mobs close to the road for the zillionth damn time on my way to the daily quest site, or hoping that one patrolling group with the elite wont force me to run down and through a swamp to avoid it.

After doing that for years through Vanilla content, BC content and WotLK content, it gets old.
    At least you remembered it. What do you remember from your time spend flying? I'm not sure everyone has these negative experiences btw. If you get dazed alot you're just a bad player. I can guarantee you that many more enjoyed having to avoid certain powerful creatures, it gave them a thrill no flying mount could ever do. Plus they got to see the game world from down up, they even saw some other players from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordsforDinner View Post
    QFT - If you don't have time to play a game which requires commitment then perhaps you have your priorities wrong? When I become a father, I'm quitting gaming altogether. Why not spend some time with the wife and kids and not on a computer?
    Some people enjoy the game when they aren't spending time with the wife and kids. 1-2 hours every few nights is enough to still raid normal modes and not detrimental to a wife and children.

- - - Updated - - -

At least you remembered it. What do you remember from your time spend flying? I'm not sure everyone has these negative experiences btw. If you get dazed alot you're just a bad player. I can guarantee you that many more enjoyed having to avoid certain powerful creatures, it gave them a thrill no flying mount could ever do. Plus they got to see the game world from down up, they even saw some other players from time to time.
    Exactly. I'm sorry, but there are ROADS in almost every zone where mobs rarely wander. That is the point of every mmorpg and normal rpgs and hell gaming for a long time. You want to avoid monsters stick to the road.

Do you play pokemon and walk in the tall grass instead of the road and complain about getting into wild pokemon battles?

You weren't getting dazed going from point A to point B unless you were a low level trying to get to menethil harbor earlier than you should have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Some people enjoy the game when they aren't spending time with the wife and kids. 1-2 hours every few nights is enough to still raid normal modes and not detrimental to a wife and children.
    True, I have a conflicting opinion though. My mate was a pretty hardcore WoW player and was a raider in my team during WoTLK and Cata. He had his son just before MoP came out and he doesn't play at all anymore. In his words "why would I want to spend time away from my kid?" and I sorta agree with him. When the kid goes to bed, so does he, because he works from 7am till 5/6pm. And you know what? Hes happy. If you are looking for a reason to spend time away from your wife/kid thats kinda messed up :<

Deleted
    There will always be more things in wow than you can manage, no matter if there's flying mounts or not. My point stands.
    Your point was that there need to be more content with flying mounts. My point is that, for me, there is already way too much content. So your argument doesn't hold water.

You're in absolutely no position to make that call. Seeing as the sentiments he's expressing are quite to the opposite of that affect.
    They all seem to know better than me what I enjoy.

Time and time again I told him I enjoy flying for flying not because it saves time. It immerses me, makes my character feel powerful and I can explore areas of interest to me in every detail.

I just love it. But they don't so it need to be removed.......totally not egocentrical.

Deleted
    If you don't have time to play a game which requires commitment then perhaps you have your priorities wrong? When I become a father, I'm quitting gaming altogether. Why not spend some time with the wife and kids and not on a computer?
    Yeah , cause getting merried and having a job mean you are becaming a real-life monk , you won't enjoy movies , games and music anymore.
    Actually you still do , but you just have a limited time for those .
    And then some 13 years old with unlimited time come and explain you how you should spend your time .
    Because , you know , they have unlimited time , and you should have this too , else go t.f.o.

Deleted
    I really hope they go through with this. to see people around and not just afking in some city "lobby"