Poll: Your opinion about no flying till 6.1

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    One can hope. Sadly Blizz hasn't shown much of the zones outside of some of the zone maps.
    This brings-up a question: Couldn't all this hatred and disagreement wait until they have shown some of the future content?

Every poll i've seen..And i've seen many the people for no flying outnumber those against by 4 to 1 or 5 to 1....And a huge majority saying there not going to sub because of flying are full of shit. When WoD is a week away they'll be subbed. No flying was a brilliant move and will have zero effect on sub loss. From my own personal circle on the game it's bring back a lot of old players.
    Last edited by DarkArchon; 2013-12-06 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Most of the complaining in the forums is equal to a child that constantly screams for ice cream, you like the taste of it, you crave it..And Blizzard has been spoon feeding it to you for awhile at the cost of the games health..Now your fat, spoiled and still demanding more till the game is so obese in luxury that it collapses into the ground and still you'll scream till it's death. Blizzard is finally being more like a parent and cutting down on your ice cream. They know what's best for their game. There going back to what made this game what it is today, the foundation and what is Warcraft.
    Really you felt the need to post this again?... This time is it meant to be different cause it is in bold letters?

They are going back to what made this game what it is today, the foundation of what is Warcraft?.. You do realize the game was most successful during WoTLK not sure if you were aware but they had flying mounts.

They know whats best for this game? Did you champion the punishing heroics of Cata, or the MoP daily fiasco cause they thought that was best for the game to until it bit them ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    This brings-up a question: Couldn't all this hatred and disagreement wait until they have shown some of the future content?
    Technically it could, but being a forum we would not have much to talk about in regards to WoD if we waited. Hatred? Yes that should stop. Disagreements? Nah nothing wrong with some civil debating.

I can only speak for myself but I don't mind being grounded while leveling. It feels cool to see the world from the ground while gaining new moves or talents etc., but once I am max level I would like to get flying right away, see anything I missed, get battle pets, archeology. Also some of my favorite mounts are flying only and can't be used in places like the timeless isle as a ground mount.

Deleted
    Anyone that says game subs are related to flying or lack of flying is completely wrong. We went from cata to mop and subs dropped on both expansion even if with two opposite systems.

Every poll i've seen..And i've seen many the people for no flying outnumber those against by 4 to 1 or 5 to 1....And a huge majority saying there not going to sub because of flying are full of shit. When WoD is a week away they'll be subbed. No flying was a brilliant move and will have zero effect on sub loss. From my own personal circle on the game it's bring back a lot of old players.
    Well this poll is 1 "Agree with no flying", 1 "Don't care either way", and 6 "I want flying". So with just a cursory glance it looks like overwhelming support on this poll for no flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Really you felt the need to post this again?... This time is it meant to be different cause it is in bold letters?

They are going back to what made this game what it is today, the foundation of what is Warcraft?.. You do realize the game was most successful during WoTLK not sure if you were aware but they had flying mounts.

They know whats best for this game? Did you champion the punishing heroics of Cata, or the MoP daily fiasco cause they thought that was best for the game to until it bit them ass.
    Exactly my point.......After Lich King the community had way to much impact on the game, you give enough power to the community they'll surely destroy the game. Cata dungeons were perfect was actually a little bit of a challenge. A person that never challenges themselves or never has a reason to get better won't...Many people have been spoon fed easy content for so long, and when they get a challenge they cry till it's nerfed. It's really no wonder. Am glad WoW is finally taking the training wheels of the bike again. It's time for a challenge.

Sorry I am calling BS on that.

Most the people are not even aware this is happening cause only a minority of WoW players pay any attention to the forums. Even this place the poll is greatly divided and this is the same place that 80% of the people said the Cata heroics were fine. That didn't go so well for Blizzard.

Lastly they sure didn't announce this on the stage at Blizzcon cause they damn well know it is going to be an unpopular decision. They are just gambling that the majority will stay uninformed until the release of WoD and then be so involved in what they build they won't notice or care that their wings have been clipped. With Blizzards track record that is a pretty big gamble.

Personally I wouldn't be subbed for WoD if my friend wasn't picking up the tab and I personally know 10 people that have quit or will be quitting prior to WoD because of this no flying BS.

The only people this serves are the pvp types, if that is the case keep on pvp server.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly my point.......After Lich King the community had way to much impact on the game, you give enough power to the community they'll surely destroy the game. Cata dungeons were perfect was actually a little bit of a challenge. A person that never challenges themselves or never has a reason to get better won't...Many people have been spoon fed easy content for so long, and when they get a challenge they cry till it's nerfed. It's really no wonder. Am glad WoW is finally taking the training wheels of the bike again. It's time for a challenge.

WoTLK most successful time in WoW or any other MMOs history. Lets see Flying mounts, non punishing heroics ... yeah your post makes no sense beyond.

you want a game built for you and not the millions of people that play WoW. Got it.

If you were in charge WoW would have a pathetic subscription base.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2013-12-06 at 09:24 PM.

Well this poll is 1 "Agree with no flying", 1 "Don't care either way", and 6 "I want flying". So with just a cursory glance it looks like overwhelming support on this poll for no flying.
    ''Your opinion about no flying till 6.1'' #1 - It's a great idea..

Think your reading that wrong buddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    but once I am max level I would like to get flying right away, see anything I missed, get battle pets, archeology. Also some of my favorite mounts are flying only and can't be used in places like the timeless isle as a ground mount.
    Mounts are easily fixed, as even current store mount Armored Bloodwing doesn't have ground animations but is still usable as one.

I won't deny that it'd be more convenient to approach targeted objectives in the world on your flying mount. But at the moment it's just guessing game, will Blizzard go and realize to design secondary professions and such with ground movement in mind? Many will doubt this, but I've my faith on Blizzard that they'll go and do the right call on this.

As in Pandaria, pet battle masters are quite close to flight paths and villages, and in most times won't even have any hostile mobs nearby to intervene your business. Archaeology digsites can be pain in ass, especially if they're located inside hostile territory (see Outlands), but we'll see. "A lot" players will probably miss-out quite a much in new zones, thanks to "rewarding exploration", if they aren't using guide-websites, such as Wowhead. But should such "surprises" be ruined for those who are eager for exploration?

Sorry I am calling BS on that.

Most the people are not even aware this is happening cause only a minority of WoW players pay any attention to the forums. Even this place the poll is greatly divided and this is the same place that 80% of the people said the Cata heroics were fine. That didn't go so well for Blizzard.

Lastly they sure didn't announce this on the stage at Blizzcon cause they damn well know it is going to be an unpopular decision. They are just gambling that the majority will stay uninformed until the release of WoD and then be so involved in what they build they won't notice or care that their wings have been clipped. With Blizzards track record that is a pretty big gamble.

Personally I wouldn't be subbed for WoD if my friend wasn't picking up the tab and I personally know 10 people that have quit or will be quitting prior to WoD because of this no flying BS.

The only people this serves are the pvp types, if that is the case keep on pvp server.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so you want a game build for you and not the millions of people that play WoW. Got it.
    If i had a dime for every time i heard a person in forums or in the game saying they won't sub, then i caught them standing in the city..They'll be there don't worry.
    Can call BS all you want, it's a very loud and vocal minority against no flying.

Just because the content is difficult that does not mean people will play better. Some might but not everyone. I had the misfortune of only having random pugs for the cata heroics in the beginning, since most of my guildmates were on breaks or just taking their time leveling. I wasted many hours trying to get valor capped. Anywhoo I do not see taking flying out for a patch making the game more challenging. It just makes things at max level take a longer time. Not looking forward to farming mats and I am dreading archeology. If they stick with no flying I'll probably work on archeology in 6.1.

- - - Updated - - -

If i had a dime for every time i heard a person in forums or in the game saying they won't sub, then i caught them standing in the city..They'll be there don't worry.
    Can call BS all you want, it's a very loud and vocal minority against no flying.
    I can remember people saying that same thing regarding the cata heroics at the start of the expansion. And there was quite the outcry about them.

Just because the content is difficult that does not mean people will play better. Some might but not everyone. I had the misfortune of only having random pugs for the cata heroics in the beginning, since most of my guildmates were on breaks or just taking their time leveling. I wasted many hours trying to get valor capped. Anywhoo I do not see taking flying out for a patch making the game more challenging. It just makes things at max level take a longer time. Not looking forward to farming mats and I am dreading archeology. If they stick with no flying I'll probably work on archeology in 6.1.
    Very narrow minded view, coming from most against no flying..Only thing your concerned about is your convenience. WoD will be a brutal and primal world, it's not concerned about your convenience.

If you got out of pugs and LFR..Actually did challenging content with other skilled players. In 3 months time you'd be a much better player.

''Your opinion about no flying till 6.1'' #1 - It's a great idea..

Think your reading that wrong buddy.
    That doesn't change my point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Mounts are easily fixed, as even current store mount Armored Bloodwing doesn't have ground animations but is still usable as one.

I won't deny that it'd be more convenient to approach targeted objectives in the world on your flying mount. But at the moment it's just guessing game, will Blizzard go and realize to design secondary professions and such with ground movement in mind? Many will doubt this, but I've my faith on Blizzard that they'll go and do the right call on this.

As in Pandaria, pet battle masters are quite close to flight paths and villages, and in most times won't even have any hostile mobs nearby to intervene your business. Archaeology digsites can be pain in ass, especially if they're located inside hostile territory (see Outlands), but we'll see. "A lot" players will probably miss-out quite a much in new zones, thanks to "rewarding exploration", if they aren't using guide-websites, such as Wowhead. But should such "surprises" be ruined for those who are eager for exploration?
    I think if they were removing flying all together they would build with that in mind but since flying is being reintroduced come 6.1 I find it highly unlikely they will build things w/only ground travel in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

I can remember people saying that same thing regarding the cata heroics at the start of the expansion. And there was quite the outcry about them.
    Yeah I quit during that time frame and the punishing heroics were a big part of why. PUGing a heroic for 4 hours was not my idea of fun. Only reason I came back was wife bribed me with spectral tiger mount.

I also had 5 personal friends quit during that time and only one has returned.

Take it for what you will.

Your in with drawl before the expansion is even in pre-beta. Been spoon feed convenience and easy mode for so long it gots you pissing your pants crying even if's only for 2 months.

Very narrow minded view, coming from most against no flying..Only thing your concerned about is your convenience. WoD will be a brutal and primal world, it's not concerned about your convenience.
    I have yet to play WoD but unless every mob is like the Ordos mobs I don't think it will be too "brutal and primal." Also atleast my convenience is not taking anything away from other people.

If you got out of pugs and LFR..Actually did challenging content with other skilled players. In 3 months time you'd be a much better player.
    I enjoy the assumption about my playing ability and choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if they were removing flying all together they would build with that in mind but since flying is being reintroduced come 6.1 I find it highly unlikely they will build things w/only ground travel in mind.
    It's quite crucial to build Draenor with ground movement in mind due 2 to 6 months wait-time.

In current situation I'm only able to see delayed flying as a catch-up mechanism for those who missed out things in previous patch.

Your in with drawl before the expansion is even in pre-beta. Been spoon feed convenience and easy mode for so long it gots you pissing your pants crying even if's only for 2 months.
    That works in the other direction, arguing and insulting people when we don't even have a beta out.

I have yet to play WoD but unless every mob is like the Ordos mobs I don't think it will be too "brutal and primal." Also atleast my convenience is not taking anything away from other people.

I enjoy the assumption about my playing ability and choices.
    I can assume and be rather accurate, if you were a very skilled player you'd be welcoming the challenge with open arms. These no flying whiners are against everything that's inconvenient for them. A game with no inconvenience and challenge is a boring one.