Poll: Your opinion about no flying till 6.1

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 126 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Being grounded in MoP didn't compel me to suddenly start exploring the gameworld. I was compelled to put on horseblinds to level as quickly as possible, thereby missing all those subtle little details. Wasn't until I maxed that I went back to explore.

You can play the game however you want, but don't you dare try to tell me what I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykin View Post
    Good I don't want to fly ever again, this expansion keeps looking better.
    I assume you're already using a ground mount all the time now?

15+ Year Old Account
    I want to laugh at all these people. I mean, BC not only put in flying, but it made certain areas that REQUIRED flight to access them. Throne of the Elements? Skettis? Netherwing? You want stuff like that removed from the game too I bet. Stop taking fun things away from people. If you want to cripple yourself for immersion, do it. Don't screw over everyone else because you are a masochist.

I did not interact with one single person while running around on the ground in Pandaland, and no one tried to interact with me. Is this a fucking joke? Fuck ground mounts.

I've read a lot of people saying they don't like flying... and every single reason put forth comes down to either "it makes ganking too easy", "it makes world PvP too rare", or "I don't like it, therefore nobody else should get to do it either."

I see lots of people saying it increases your interaction with the game world, but I have yet to see any justification put forth as to why this is so. I explore Timeless Isle because I know there's stuff to find there, not because I can't fly. Same thing happened with Isle of Thunder. In old world, I don't explore whether I'm on a flying toon or not, because there's no point.

If you put in reasons to explore, people will do it. Otherwise, taking out flying won't make the world better, it'll just annoy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    We get it, you're simply posting to disagree with everything I say.
    Ground mount: Nice statue, I wonder what the top looks like from closeby.
    Flying mount: Nice statue. I'll fly to the top to how it looks from closeby.
    That you just use a flying mount to fly in straight lines, doesn't mean everyone does. Don't worry, it's not so strange to miss everything said before if you don't read the thread.
    One is forced, one isnt. When its not forced, efficiency will win out and no one will look at that statue except you for some reason.
    Forcing is needed in mmos, it leads to immersion when does correctly. Giving the ability to fly to everyone cheapens the immersion. They should have expanded on flight masters and left all other traveling based on ground mounts. It leads to a more lively world.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2013-11-11 at 02:50 AM.
    Chronomancer Club

Deleted
    I think it's dumb, but I'll cope.

I don't understand the point of it. If people don't like flying they could just not fly. No reason to make everyone else suffer.

Link source or gtfo.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I liked MoP more than Cata as an expansion, but being forced to use ground mounts even just while leveling is a pointless frustration for me. I got sick of having nothing but ground mounts back in Vanilla, and the more I think about it the more I am reconsidering whether or not I actually want to buy the next expansion or before they add flying at the very least.

They should just removing flying from the game entirely, I quit using my flying mount when MoP went live and have had no desire to go back to using it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    They should just removing flying from the game entirely, I quit using my flying mount when MoP went live and have had no desire to go back to using it.
    Hahaha, liar. As if anyone does that.

Not letting me fly at 100 will not make me spend more time in the open world. But I tell you what it will make me do. Spend more time afk in capital cities because I really do not feel like running through mobs and zones.

I tell you what I will leave capital cities for, raiding and world bosses and even then I will not being running there, I will be summoned or use a flight path directly to my destination. I will spend absolutely no time running through the same zones I leveled main and alts in many times.

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    Remove flying remove subs, end of story. There is a world pvp zone they have no reason to remove flying. The OP doesn't even have a link he's just making crap up.

would it suck to have no flying? maybe would it bother me? maybe either way i will keep playing no matter what they decide

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. I would be even happier if they removed flying mounts completely.

I think flying mounts should be eliminated, but for majority of people no flying is a stupid idea

But I think the timeless isle is stupid (you fall down -> have to travel to the other side of isle)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Terrible idea imo.

The people that want to explore will do so regardless of whether they can fly. I get a better feel for a zone from being able to see from the sky and find cool places to perch and take screenshots. I always rush to max level as soon as I can and explore at max level when I can fly and don't have to worry about missing out on gearing up for max level content. The only thing this does is force the content to last longer when leveling, not to add more immersion. I would argue that being able to fly creates more immersion because you have a larger range of sight than looking at cliffs and trees from the ground. They can say what they want but this is only a tool for gating and prolonging gameplay. And having to store my NETHERDRAKE for this expansion would be completely ridiculous. At worst give me flight on my alts with an heirloom system like in wrath. You may enjoy trudging up and down 50 foot hills and mountains, but not everyone else does. Why take that away from someone else with a completely bogus copout about immersion which is completely player dependent and against a player-centric mindset. Options are key to pleasing customers and this would be a terrible mindset on their behalf. If I get dismounted running through a mob infested zone in this as much as I did in pandaria I will quickly lose interest in leveling. I still have 7 level 85's collecting dust because of how much of a nuisance it is traveling in pandaria with endless mobs, cliffs, and mountains. It only makes me wish I could repeatedly queue for dungeons but the exp gain is terrible.