Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    +1

If they let us move spots like they said they would, why can't we just move our spot/land to a different X-pack Zone. Dose not look that hard to do rely.
    As I said above... I doubt they'll let you move it to another expansion. Most likely what would happen is that we'd have a whole other new type/style of garrison to build in the next expansion. (For me, I personally don't mind this as I can forever use my old one to just keep printing gold via resource buildings.)

Calling it now.. Garrison is replacing dailies from MoP.. not mandatory.. but you are damn well going to lag behind on opportunities if you don't participate. Quote me if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I hope that these Garrisons on Draenor are a step that will be continued in further expansions. The idea of going to a new place in the next expansion (after Draenor) and build a new Garrison, with new itterations of followers, and new stuff to decorate this new place, is extremely pleasing.

I think (and hope) that the current prices they put on upgrading buildings and such is just weird placeholder material, possibly an effect of the mock up UI, just something to make it look good. There's no way that people in general have the kind of funds to upgrade buildings for 10k a pop, I know most of my friends and guildies don't, and I doubt Blizz would make a part of the game in a way that puts it out of reach for most people. The only way they'd do that is if there is actually a way to generate gold by playing with the Garrison (meaning creating new gold, and not by trading and getting it from other people, since that is a finite and too small pool to get gold from). But I have my doubts that Blizz would willingly put a feature in game that could be used to generate the kind of funds needed to buy 10k upgrades. WAY too much potential for goldfarmers to abuse such functions.

The only other thing that I feel should be added is that when you have a fully built up Garrison, with buildings in all the spots, and maximum upgrades of all the buildings, you should be awarded the title Sir/Lady. (they'll never do that, but they should.)
    I'm imagining those prices are most likely placeholders... otherwise the stupidly-rich would build an entire fortress! :P

Now, chances are they could just place in a "rebuilding" cooldown of, say, a week to prevent that from happening.

I'm also speculating (more like Hoping) that Garrison upgrades will utilize not just gold, but crafting materials too. Gems, Metal Bars, Inks, Shards and... I dunno... cement potions? :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jijek View Post
    Calling it now.. Garrison is replacing dailies from MoP.. not mandatory.. but you are damn well going to lag behind on opportunities if you don't participate. Quote me if you want.
    From what I'm reading I'm actually quite expecting this type of mentality from the Hardcore min/maxers... particularly as you can send followers out to do Dungeons and Raids. This basically translates in the mind of a hardcore min/maxer as an additional glorified loot-roll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The only other thing that I feel should be added is that when you have a fully built up Garrison, with buildings in all the spots, and maximum upgrades of all the buildings, you should be awarded the title Sir/Lady. (they'll never do that, but they should.)
    Ooh!!! I like the idea of getting a title for maxing your Garrison!

"Sir/Lady" is nice... but I'd kinda like "Mayor" a bit better personally! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    As I said above... I doubt they'll let you move it to another expansion. Most likely what would happen is that we'd have a whole other new type/style of garrison to build in the next expansion. (For me, I personally don't mind this as I can forever use my old one to just keep printing gold via resource buildings.)
    I can live with that, but I feel blizzard might want to keep away from people just using it to get unlimited gold.

Wow, this thread has gotten far more attention than I expected! You guys have some good ideas. (I'm going to add them up into a sort of list on the first post).

For the record, whoever was quoting me, asking why I thought we'd be able to build all the addons, I was actually saying I didn't think we would be able to. In fact I hope we won't be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    I can live with that, but I feel blizzard might want to keep away from people just using it to get unlimited gold.
    I use the term "printing Gold" lightly. It more-or-less would produce extra mats that I would sell/turn into something. I'm more than certain your followers are not going to be pulling 10 stacks of ore a day out of your mines or anything like that. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sickleblade View Post
    Wow, this thread has gotten far more attention than I expected! You guys have some good ideas. (I'm going to add them up into a sort of list on the first post).

For the record, whoever was quoting me, asking why I thought we'd be able to build all the addons, I was actually saying I didn't think we would be able to. In fact I hope we won't be able to.
    Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about Garrisons. It's been my "Warcraft Dream" since Vanilla to have Player Housing. While it's not EXACTLY the kind of Player Housing I want, it's pretty damn close to it regardless! (and if this is successful, who knows what they would develop in future! :P)

Deleted
    I use the term "printing Gold" lightly. It more-or-less would produce extra mats that I would sell/turn into something. I'm more than certain your followers are not going to be pulling 10 stacks of ore a day out of your mines or anything like that. :P
    Ah well, full set of followers, all leveled up. All miners. Think about it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I swear they said that we were going to be able to expand on our plots of land?

Garrisons and new models are what is likely to draw me back into this game, I cannot wait.
    Yeah. Look at the Town Hall and how it has a 2 above it. It's level 2 of three.

Lvl 1: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...nWoWRAD022.jpg

Lvl 2: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...nWoWRAD023.jpg

Lvl 3: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...nWoWRAD024.jpg
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Yea this is really cool. I never really found much appeal in the idea of having just a little instanced house. I would never have spent much time there at all if there was nothing to do. The Garrisons I really like. Its almost like putting a touch warcraft 3 into wow. I'd love to see to it expanded upon. It might even bring me back to the game. Maybe.. school takes all my time now. Speaking of which, I need to do some homework, but I'm going to check back on this thread and update the first post with new ideas people have when i can!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Oh SNAPS! Thanks for that! Didn't realize the actual # of landspots can increase! EXCELLENT! ^_^

Huh... 15 plots of land... excluding the Inn... that's almost one for every profession then. hrmmmm.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh SNAPS! Thanks for that! Didn't realize the actual # of landspots can increase! EXCELLENT! ^_^

Huh... 15 plots of land... excluding the Inn... that's almost one for every profession then. hrmmmm.....
    Yeah but keep in mind you may want a Barracks to send Followers on missions.

And they may restrict the buildings to just their size plot (as opposed to a small building on a large plot).

But yeah, we get a lot of land to work with here. And I can only see the options increasing as time goes on.

Looking at those photos, there are some interesting things to note.

1) There's definitely a "First Aid" building... most likely the aforementioned "Infirmary"
    2) Curious as to what three of those buildings are in #3. one has an icon of 2 axes, the other is some screaming orc, the other is clearly an arcane symbol on the tower (The aforementioned on the panel "Mage tower" probably.). Wonder if there are "class" type buildings too...
    3) I was figuring the Town Hall would be where you set your Hearthstone... but it looks as if there's a separate building for your Hearthstone as well. Wonder if there's an actual "house" you could build for yourself in there! :P

I hope there will be class specific features, like a summoning building for Warlocks, Temples for Priests, Etc..

Otherwise All Ally/orde barracks will look the same, even adding race specific styles will Work, but to feel it really mine, it has to have some Class flavour!

My biggest wish for garrisons would be that its linked account wide, and when you were playing one character and went to the garrison, you could see your other characters hanging out in the garrison just doin random stuff.

Yeah but keep in mind you may want a Barracks to send Followers on missions.

And they may restrict the buildings to just their size plot (as opposed to a small building on a large plot).

But yeah, we get a lot of land to work with here. And I can only see the options increasing as time goes on.
    Oh definetly... I was just thinking out loud based on my previous post to the OP.

Good point on the plot size. I did notice there were two different sized-ones.

Right now I can calculate only five I would personally "have to have".

1) Fishing Pond
    2) Mine
    3) Engineering station
    4) Archaeology station
    5) Enchanting Station (so long as it allows disenchanting of items)

Optional ones depending on benefits
    • Storeroom
    •*Salvage yard (saw that on the slide... could be just a placeholder, but If it's engineering based I might want that!)
    •*Rogue-based structure (if there's a Mage Tower, why not a "Rogue's den?" :P)

This leaves approximately 6-7 flexible spots for Followers and what-not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at those photos, there are some interesting things to note.

1) There's definitely a "First Aid" building... most likely the aforementioned "Infirmary"
    2) Curious as to what three of those buildings are in #3. one has an icon of 2 axes, the other is some screaming orc, the other is clearly an arcane symbol on the tower (The aforementioned on the panel "Mage tower" probably.). Wonder if there are "class" type buildings too...
    3) I was figuring the Town Hall would be where you set your Hearthstone... but it looks as if there's a separate building for your Hearthstone as well. Wonder if there's an actual "house" you could build for yourself in there! :P
    1) Yeah, probably. It's a large building so it'll likely do more than just first aid (like a passive health regen bonus for your character).

2) Could be, maybe they have a trainer in it for respecing?

3) I had assumed it'll be bound at the Inn. Extra incentive to build it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh definetly... I was just thinking out loud based on my previous post to the OP.

Good point on the plot size. I did notice there were two different sized-ones.

Right now I can calculate only five I would personally "have to have".

1) Fishing Pond
    2) Mine
    3) Engineering station
    4) Archaeology station
    5) Enchanting Station (so long as it allows disenchanting of items)

Optional ones depending on benefits
    • Storeroom
    •*Salvage yard (saw that on the slide... could be just a placeholder, but If it's engineering based I might want that!)
    •*Rogue-based structure (if there's a Mage Tower, why not a "Rogue's den?" :P)

This leaves approximately 6-7 flexible spots for Followers and what-not.
    Yeah far as plots go, there were images listing "large" "medium" and "small" buildings. So there may be 3 plot sizes, just we can't tell it from the images.

I'll go for the Inn and Barracks for sure. And from there it'll be based on exactly what bonuses they give.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    Ah well, full set of followers, all leveled up. All miners. Think about it.
    I have to double-check, but I recall in the Pannel they said "If your Follower has mining as a skill, you can send him into the mines". Meaning that probably only certain followers have certain skills they can do. So, that would prevent the "full set of laborers in the mines" right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to double-check, but I recall in the Pannel they said "If your Follower has mining as a skill, you can send him into the mines". Meaning that probably only certain followers have certain skills they can do. So, that would prevent the "full set of laborers in the mines" right there.
    Plus I'd imagine they'll cap the followers that can be stationed "passively" at a location.

Since upgrading the Barracks lets you send out more characters on missions.

Personally I'd like there to be some variety. So you can put a miner on a lvl 1 mine, miner and foreman on lvl 2, two miners and a foreman on lvl 3.

Deleted
    Going to be completely honest, I think the idea is pretty lame. I have no real inclination to play The Sims in WoW. I'm probably going to end up participating because otherwise I'll lag behind, but playing builder, yeah, I really don't give a fuck about it. I'm sure lots of other people will enjoy it though.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Going to be completely honest, I think the idea is pretty lame. I have no real inclination to play The Sims in WoW. I'm probably going to end up participating because otherwise I'll lag behind, but playing builder, yeah, I really don't give a fuck about it. I'm sure lots of other people will enjoy it though.
    This is a constructive thread about those of us who enjoy the idea and want to debate/exchange ideas on the possibilities.

If you wish there's more than plenty of other complaint threads about WoD to talk about your dissatisfaction with it. I think a new one crops up about every 2 hours or so. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I'd like there to be some variety. So you can put a miner on a lvl 1 mine, miner and foreman on lvl 2, two miners and a foreman on lvl 3.
    I could definetly see that... and that applies to the other professions too. (2 anvils to station at Blacksmith, ect....)