Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    I've been a long-time supporter of the UKIP and of promoting good governance in Britain and Europe. I even understand and support (to a degree) limiting immigration to Britain. What I am disappointed in, however, is that some of the UKIP brass keep whining about Slavic immigration to Britain. I'm a Slavophile, I absolutely love Russian and Slavic history and culture. I am even dedicating a large portion of my studies to Eastern European studies, and dream of someday working as a diplomat in Russia or Eastern Europe.

Even if some of the Slavic immigrants don't assimilate into British society, I'd view that as a small price to pay for this opportunity to study their culture in more depth and to build connections.

tl;dr Stop picking on Bulgarians, Romanians and Slavs, because I find it personally inconvenient.
    poor little person, I'm sure Britian will soon have someone like Obongo to care for your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    If there's a demand for a skilled profession then by all means come over. If there isn't, don't. It's pretty simple and it goes for others as well, not just Romanians.

Like I said... The kinda Romanians we do want can already apply as skilled workers. We don't want or need unskilled and entry-level workers...
    I absolutely agree, the problem is that much of the rhetoric is not aimed at "unskilled Romanians," it's just "Romanians."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    We said the same thing with the word "priest" and no one made it a racist deal. Ya'll killing out a really cool word that I can assure you Americans think of more as a lifestyle than a race.
    Well, maybe, in a way... Because compared to Europeans, Americans are still kind of nomads?
    Most Europeans are extremely settled down. Americans move around more. The vast open size of the country plays towards the lifestyle. And quite frankly, in my 15 years in the US, I have yet to actually see a gypsy. Whereas in Europe they are plentiful..
    Gypsy - the German word Zigeuner - is used in 2 possibilities. It's either derogatory and an insult. Or it's the complete opposite to compliment another persons wits, or when kids stroll around outside for hours and forget the be back in time for dinner..
    The latter is therefore pretty much limited to rather intimate personal level amongst friends/family etc.

The former stems from our dislike of the nomadic lifestyle of the gypsies, and unfortunately, there are clans amongst them who base their entire income on scamming and robbing people. It's not a new phenomenon. It exists for a long time. In Western Europe Gypsy is very much attributed with crime and evil. I am sure it doesn't apply to all gypsies, but unfortunately to a lot of them, especially the ones who are still moving from place to place with campers.

Even in modern Music that reflects...

Watching the universe at the end of another day
    Fatalistic ships from a distant shore
    In the back of my mind I could see she was standing there
    Like the feeling you have
    When you've been there before

She was a gypsy woman
    She was as cold as the day
    She said I'd got it coming
    And then she took me away

She took me through the shadows of her sunken dream
    I thought it's over me, she wasn't all she seemed
    She took my hand and then she started to speak
    She told me she'd had the call
    With eyes of fire that were burning my soul
    She looked into her crystal ball
    She read my fortune then she read my mind
    She didn't like my thoughts at all
    She showed me shadows, a spectre of life
    My soul just wanted to scream
    She stared so deeply into my eyes
    That's when I fell into a dream
    When I awoke in bed she lay beside me
    And she read me with her eyes, she said

So you wanna be a gypsy, come on now
    Gypsy woman you're the devil in drag
    You are the queen of all hell
    You took my body, now you're wasting my soul
    You've got me under your spell
    And as the sun shines on another day
    You're gonna take my mind as well, it's over
    So you wanna be a gypsy, come on now.

Ass kicking song btw...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERNayQHFl9Q
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    I remember something about Mexicans and this other country. We had the decently to blame all the issues on the Cartel. See? Mexican and Cartel. Nothing magical about those words.

Can't believe you went and ruined a perfectly good word.
    Seems they've already taken your advice. The Brits are blaming violence from immigrants on "gangs."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    poor little person, I'm sure Britian will soon have someone like Obongo to care for your feelings.
    He's not British.

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    racism.
    This thread went to utter shit the moment this word was mentioned.
    Im surprised it took almost a full page before someone said this twat word.

Quote Originally Posted by Requite View Post
    So let me get this straight, your okay with UKIPs stance on immigration control for say SE Asia but you take exception with UKIPs stance on direct net migration from Eastern Europe? Flawed logic or what!

UKIP scares the British public into thinking immigration is a bad thing, the fact of the matter is simple: Immigration has had a direct positive result on the UK, without immigrant nurses, doctors and medics the NHS would have collapsed, without immigrant agricultural workers the British farmer would have gone bankrupt. And it has been proven that the majority of immigrants living in the UK today contribute a healthy amount of fiscal return to the UK economy via taxes and direct contributions.
    I'm fine with well regulated immigration, but having completely open borders, and putting our immigration restrictions in the hands of the European Union, are things that everyone should be skeptical of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with well regulated immigration, but having completely open borders, and putting our immigration restrictions in the hands of the European Union, are things that everyone should be skeptical of.
    Our? When did that happen?

Perhaps we should have tighter immigration controls that we can apply retrospectively.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    This thread went to utter shit the moment this word was mentioned.
    Im surprised it took almost a full page before someone said this twat word.
    If he can't bother doing any research or making any effort to defend his views, then he probably shouldn't be posting on the forum to begin with. Just hit the "report post" button and move on.

Deleted
    You are American, drop the "Ours".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Our? When did that happen?
    That confuses me too...
    We have EU regulations applicable for EU member states.. But at the same time we also have our own individual laws and regulations. We still all keep our sovereignty in that regard.

Perhaps we should have tighter immigration controls that we can apply retrospectively.
    Retrospective may cause some problems. But a little tighter may be an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Retrospective may cause some problems. But a little tighter may be an option.
    It was a joke - he claimed to be British by use of the word 'our', so I was inferring that we get rid of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It was a joke - he claimed to be British by use of the word 'our', so I was inferring that we get rid of him.
    Yeah I realized after Rich pointed it out

10+ Year Old Account
    If he can't bother doing any research or making any effort to defend his views, then he probably shouldn't be posting on the forum to begin with. Just hit the "report post" button and move on.
    Having views shouldn't be a reason to not post, the ones who shouldn't be posting are those who have admitted trolling.

I admit that I have trolled...

Can we get back on topic?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...s-8931222.html

The numbers from the A8 employed in the UK has risen from 64,000 in 2004 to 683,000 now. At the same time the numbers from Bulgaria and Romania (the A2) have risen from 12,000 to 141,000 and may well rise further next year when restrictions are lifted. About half the total rise in employment since the beginning of 2004 is accounted for by these A10 workers, which made the UK economy more productive.

The table makes clear that the A10 (A2+A8) folks came to work. Their employment rate – the proportion of the population aged 16 and over that is employed – is much higher than it is for UK nationals and especially so for the A8.

Non-EU employment rates are especially low. Of course, given they reside and work in the UK as EU residents they are entitled to the same benefits and tax breaks as everyone else and they are entitled to send their kids to school and, when they get sick, they and their spouses and kids use the NHS. They also bring their demand for goods with them and they spend and save and raise national income.
    Bitching about the most productive immigrants in the UK is really stupid when the employment from other regions is barely 50%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Can we get back on topic?
    is this a different cybran i see before me?
    i'm actually in shock!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by badcamel View Post
    You come across as having a certain type of person in mind with this statement because there are many countries that would simply have no barrier to integration.
    2 types tbh mate. if i was to mention either, it would probably result me getting an infraction or possible ban.
    a small amount of research or watching various documentaries will give you the answer.

Deleted
    You aren't British, why do you care?

I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a poll with an American and a Foriegner option on this thread.