Poll: Do you think delaying flying until 6.1 is a good idea

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The BETTER "6.1 flying debacle poll"

Alright, so the other poll was worded... well, very poorly. So I took it upon myself to make another one. This one with just "YES," "NO" and "don't care."

The question: Do you think delaying flying until 6.1 is a good idea

YES: It's a good idea.
    NO: It's a terrible idea.
    I don't care: I couldn't give a rat's ass.

Then you can post and argue and do whatever other stuff.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you kidding? Another flying thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    So many polls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Are you kidding? Another flying thread?
    I felt the other poll's options were... insufficient. People in the thread were saying they refused to vote because they didn't know what they were voting for. Hopefully this one proves more clear.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very clear, and so far is half and half.

Kinda funny watching people whine that blizzard gave people what they wanted, while subsequently whining they didn't get what they wanted. I see less bitching when the president elect is announced
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

bad idea lol, not gonna lvl my proffesions until 6.1, with full time job/college and RL I dont have time to farm stuff like in high school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moar polls please!

200 different flying threads isn't enough imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post

Kinda funny watching people whine that blizzard gave people what they wanted, while subsequently whining they didn't get what they wanted. I see less bitching when the president elect is announced
    Most of the people I know don't care, or want to use their damn ground mounts for once.

What does it matter to the nay-sayers? You'll get your way when 6.1 hits.

Can you make a new thread with a poll that has an "It's interesting" option? Since Blizzard hasn't done something like this before i'm not sure if it's a good idea or a bad one; but I'm definitely interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post

You have to consider, though... that if the subject is so completely divisive, as it may or may not turn out to be... why endeavor to do it?

People are likely to be more angered by something changing in a way they don't like than by things just continuing on the way they have been, especially if they've apparently been doing so to people's approximate satisfaction.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I dont care whether they keep it til no flying til 6.1 or cave to the whiners and put it in with launch, all I want, is like there was in TBC, where pretty much every zone had an inaccessible area until you got flying. That was really cool to me, it made it feel like you were in a secret club or something.

But seriously its a lil silly to worry about something we have no idea about. The game is nowhere close to be out, so we have no idea what the mob and area structure is like, it might take a lil longer to get around but we still might be able to run around with little to no mob hindrance.

and for those of you whining cause you can't grief people from the air or whatever. Man no one likes you anyway :P

Terrible idea, it will not make it live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    bad idea lol, not gonna lvl my proffesions until 6.1, with full time job/college and RL I dont have time to farm stuff like in high school.
    Yet your attitude of "I want everything right now this instant" is still at the level of highschool.

I don't care as much myself, but I prefer no flying at all personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Garrisons. Plus the fact that you can level professions in a capital town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Yet your attitude of "I want everything right now this instant" is still at the level of highschool.

Except this begins to impede on people's ability to actually... well, DO things in the game they like doing. Either because they're mindlessly running from one end to another or slog-cleaving their way through mobs five levels lower than them for no reason other than that one happened to get a lucky daze in... or simply the time spent running back and forth adds up.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post

there's a difference between efficiency and "i want everything right now this instant"

I respect your view on fly/no flying mounts, however as for myself, it's a commodity and i will still play the game. This is world of QueueCraft after all.

They're going to design content around it one way or another. Either you can fly, and they'll spread content to the ends of the earth, or you won't be able to fly and they'll put content in areas you can easily access on foot.

Long story short: it doesn't really matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanberry View Post
    They're going to design content around it one way or another. Either you can fly, and they'll spread content to the ends of the earth, or you won't be able to fly and they'll put content in areas you can easily access on foot.

Long story short: it doesn't really matter.
    Except they managed to do both with Northrend.

As a matter of fact, you could fly BEFORE max level in Northrend.

And many people laud WotLK's environmental design to this day.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I declare this the deciding thread.
    If YES wins, no more threads with people whinging about flying being taken away. If No wins, then you keep crying all you want.

I don't really mind either way. I'm not really sure why every person is crying about it in some way or another.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866