Bad performance in wow after factory reset

Hey fellow mmo-champions.

Earlier this year, in march to be more specific, I got myself a new computer, and gave my old one to my dad who likes to play wow from time to time. I decided to do a factory reset to clean it up and then re-downloaded the drivers for ex. the GPU.

However, I used to play on high settings without any issues, he is now having massing problems even playing on good/low setting with terrible performance. And I never had this problem, even after mop launched, so it has nothing to do with the new expansion upgrading the graphics.

I have tried re-installing the drivers for the GPU and checking that SP1 is installed for windows, however, this hasnt helped. I am now looking for tips for what I can do to fix this as it pains me seeing him lag through pretty much everything.

The FPS is about a stable 50-60 fps on good settings with high viewing distance in storwind, but dips severely as soon as anything happens. Considering I had ALOT better fps before the reset, this shouldnt be happening.

These are the specs for the computer. Yes, I know the CPU is on the weak end, but I never had these major issues before. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Motherboard: Aspire M5810
    CPU: Intel Core i3 530 @ 2.93 GHz
    GPU: AMD Raedon HD 6970
    RAM: 6gb
    Windows 7 64 bit

Thanks for giving this a read.
    Last edited by Dracoin; 2013-11-15 at 11:07 PM.