Poll: Should Old Raids (1+ expansions old) be soloable?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This is a lol-troll post, right? Well, this can't be taken seriously anyway. But still ...

So you want them to be of SoO difficulty and scaled up every expansion? Well, then Blizzard should just remove the old raids, 'cause it will be IMPOSSIBLE to find 40 people to do an outdated raid, that drops shit loot. At least now, few of the people still go to MC and BWL, if they make them as hard as they were in their prime days, noone would go there.

I still do BT every week for Warglaive Main-hand, and if by any IDIOTIC retarded chance they make it require 25 people to clear it, I wouldn't bother, fuck, I would just delete the Off-hand because I know I'll never be able to go back and get the Main-hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mod voice: Stop with the troll comments, please. They're not allowed. Please try to keep the discussion constructive, and if you see a problem, report it so a mod can look at it.

Normal voice: The way I heard it was that they're squishing not only current player gear and stats, but stats for those old raids and bosses as well. They want players to still be able to solo it. I, for one, completely agree with it. I'm very casual at the time being and solo'ing old content is one of the pleasures I find in the game. Without it, you'd likely find many people quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    No it doesn't destroy the "hard work".

What it does destroy is your own perception...

You see, in the end, it's not the rewards - it's the journey. I raided MC > Bastion... I'll treasure those memories regardless of who has those same transmog items.

I see a guy running around with a Legendary MC hammer, I don't think "Heh... that nub" - I simply recall the time when the first legendary hammer arrived on our server. Great memories. ^_^

Seeing 20 of them now does not destroy that memory. Seeing 20 of them now does not ruin the fun I had put in enjoying those runs. It only ruins it if you somehow translate gameplay into "hard work".

If you're calling gameplay "Hard Work", you should really reexamine why you're playing a video game.
    I strongly disagree with this. Memories fade, from what I've read, the memories when you recieve when you were 10, by the time you are 80, the connections, I believe synapse connections deteriate by up to 80%... So no the "rewards" aka memories do not last. What does last is the gier, the loot that you recieve, the achievements and dates. When someone can farm up loot in 20 mins VS 200 hours, doesn't that lower the worth of that piece of gear?

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given the changes they made to some old raids for the purpose of making them soloable I don't think Blizzard have a problem with it in the slightest.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    This is a lol-troll post, right? Well, this can't be taken seriously anyway. But still ...

So you want them to be of SoO difficulty and scaled up every expansion? Well, then Blizzard should just remove the old raids, 'cause it will be IMPOSSIBLE to find 40 people to do an outdated raid, that drops shit loot. At least now, few of the people still go to MC and BWL, if they make them as hard as they were in their prime days, noone would go there.

I still do BT every week for Warglaive Main-hand, and if by any IDIOTIC retarded chance they make it require 25 people to clear it, I wouldn't bother, fuck, I would just delete the Off-hand because I know I'll never be able to go back and get the Main-hand.
    Yeah, Except I'm not a fucking troll so stfu.

If you even allowed an idiot into the raid, it's not Blizzard's fault. And there is a thing called "reserved". 80% of all soo pugs reserve like one item for themselves.

Probably will not pass. Simply because raids in past expansions are not current and old. Good luck trying to get a group going because it probably won't happen. It will just be existing content that won't be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i don't think you know what solo means.

Try re-reading my post please, not just a typo.

I said it's ok to go in with 7 people, I didn't mean one person going in. I'm ok with content being obsolete, but I don't want extremes.

Deleted
    They really should just sell the loot from those instances at a vendor, then make the old raids scale up in difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    You see this?

Huh?

Now go sit in the corner and think about what you did.
    You do know I was testing it out so I have credibility that the issue of soloing raids has only worsened.

I raided MC/BWL/AQ20 + 40 back in Vanilla, and I most certainly don't care if people can solo them 8 years later. It means absolutely nothing to me, and anybody who pretends it affects them in the slightest is really just throwing a tantrum for no reason.

When someone can farm up loot in 20 mins VS 200 hours, doesn't that lower the worth of that piece of gear?
    No. Not at all. Know why? Because that gear has been entirely irrelevant for 8 years. MMOs are meant to move forward. People shouldn't have to calculate if they need to run SSC instead of Blackrock Foundry for a trinket because it might be optimized better. I want to be doing current content, not forced to relive stuff from 5+ years ago because a few people are upset somebody can solo Lady Vashj.

It is abundantly clear Blizzard does not agree with you, and really never will. If they refuse to even look at the possibility of a Vanilla/BC server, they most certainly are not going to spend man hours making sure every old raid will be tuned to the current tier.

Just no. Stop. Get over the fact that these raids are old and move on.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-11-14 at 02:30 AM.

Deleted
    Your gameplay experience would ofc be so much better, because... uhm yeah, who the hell knows why.
    Pointless thread is pointless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragoso View Post
    When someone can farm up loot in 20 mins VS 200 hours, doesn't that lower the worth of that piece of gear?
    I'm still in need of a belt from Thorim. Hasn't dropped in 10 weeks.

Check out the OP's username. Notice they only mention one raid they don't want to be solo'd? Sound familiar? That's right it's happened; Ragnaros has created a sock-puppet account and came here trying to reclaim his former glory. We're onto you Ragnaros, we're onto you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjata View Post
    Your gameplay experience would ofc be so much better, because... uhm yeah, who the hell knows why.
    Pointless thread is pointless
    It's more of a psychological impact on players if they know their achievements will last for the rest of time. Tell me, why should we keep SOO heroic extremely difficult? Because of the psychological impact of an achievement that you only have one chance to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Psychological impact for in-game achievement", worst troll ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Check out the OP's username. Notice they only mention one raid they don't want to be solo'd? Sound familiar? That's right it's happened; Ragnaros has created a sock-puppet account and came here trying to reclaim his former glory. We're onto you Ragnaros, we're onto you.
    Firelands was just another setback haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ragoso View Post
    I feel like quitting cause my hard work won't last.
    I'm sorry, but you're sort of 6 years late to that party. The rest of your ilk quit when their "hard work" didn't last through the TBC opening. Don't know how to break it to you if this is truly a foreign concept, but your opinion of what raids are supposed to be is just that, an opinion. Despite your best efforts to present it as fact, it's not. You say that raid were never intended to be soloable.

Guess what, Blizzard design and create the raids. They decide what they're intended to be. Not you.

And 6+ years ago they decided that old raids were, in fact, intended to be soloable. This has only been solidified lately with content being added to old bosses designed specifically for soloing. So, I'd go as far as to say that you're plain objectively wrong about this.

In conclusion, it seems really strange to bring this subject up at this point in the game's lifespan, seeing as everyone else who actually cares as much about it as you seem to quit when it started happening at TBC launch over 6 years ago. Both Blizzard's design philosophy and the remaining player base beg to differ that it's an issue in any remote way, shape or form. I'd suggest either going through with quitting or learning to accept it, because it's highly unlikely that it's ever gonna change and beating your head against that kind of wall seems like it would be a waste of time if it was me. Have a good one, buddy.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

No one cares what you think about how other people should be able to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Too soon!!!!!!!

Deleted
    ideas like this is why people like you do not work for blizzard, and will never work for any company that wants to keep running.