Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Future Of World Of Warcraft And Predictions For The Next Three Expansions | Names

Predict the next three expansions for World of Warcraft. Here's mine below.

Names:

- Emerald Dream | Emerald Nightmare
    - Fall of the Legion
    - Fury of the South Seas | Fury of the Great Seas

Classes:

I don't want anymore classes but I can see them adding more later on.

Races:

I think we will get two more at least.

Features:

- A method of train used in Vanilla by the Alliance that goes to Argus | Outland | Draenor | Northrend at supersonic speed which is faster than flying mounts and renders them useless. Same for the Horde but the Horde use supersonic zeppelins (1000% speed).

- In-game ladder for top players. One simply opens a tab in a new patch and sees his rank among the US/EU/WW.

- An entire continent the size of Azeroth devoted to world PvP.

i dont think the emerald dream will ever happen as an expansion. it will most likely be turned into a timeless isle like place in a future expansion.

like metzen said "its kind of hard to make an expansion about a place thats all green"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont think the emerald dream will ever happen as an expansion. it will most likely be turned into a timeless isle like place in a future expansion.

like metzen said "its kind of hard to make an expansion about a place thats all green"
    This.

As for your other two expansion predictions, they are likely. (One where we would finally kill Kill'jaden and quite possibly Sageras himself, another where we fight Azshara.)

South Seas

Twisting Nether

Titan Hold

Old God/Naga/Emerald Dream
    Burning Legion
    New storyline

The first two of those have very obvious Titan story parts to them, so I imagine we'll be seeing a lot of Titan lore after WoD. We could even have an expansion dedicated to the Titans trying to re-originate Azeroth. I mean, Azeroth is completely corrupted now. Algalon said so himself.

They're kind of running low on established lore, so it's impossible to predict very far into the future. I mean, who really expected WoD? No one. And that is just one expansion ahead.

Originally, before WoD was announced, my thought process for the expansion would be something like this:

Patch 6.0: Old God expansion. Starts off with Naga and Faceless Ones invading the coasts, and the main questing zones will be islands, underwaters, and we may have an Emerald Dream zone. We'll have these raid tiers to start off with: Naga raid with Queen Azshara and an Old God themed raid with cultists and Faceless Ones, with a Forgotten One as the final boss. Raid tier 2 will be the equivalent of Firelands, with an Emerald Nightmare themed zone introduced and an Emerald Nightmare raid. Final raid tier will be some subterranean thing or maybe a Titan complex and the final fight with be N'zoth. During the course of this expansion, we'll interact with the Tomb of Sargeras, which will do something that causes the Burning Legion to invade Azeroth, which will be the prepatch event for the next expansion.

Perhaps it does something to Sargeras, allowing him to manifest himself again but in a very weakened state. Kil'jaeden "senses" or "feels" this, and decides to invade Azeroth to claim his Master. We thwart it, or perhaps they succeed and rescue Sargeras, and we take the fight to Argus and the Twisting Nether. The final raid will involve Kil'jaeden and will be about stopping Sargeras from reclaiming all his lost power. So it sort of fixes the issue of how do we fight such a powerful individual.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2013-11-18 at 02:52 AM.

All stats removed from the game, HP/MP changed into percentages, thus making all content relevant and all raid rewards having semi-cosmetic stats (movement speed increase, lifesteal, etc.), which have minimum impact on gameplay.

All racials are removed. Races differ only on cosmetic level.

Professions are removed as being redundant and grindy.

Factions being redundant and making unnecessary clutter in character's tab. Removed.

There is no more dedicated tank role. Every plate dps can be assigned to be soaking damage.

Game had too much "illusion of choice". Developers decide to give us "real" choice, and as such, talent system is revamped to give more sense. New talents replace specialization, each class has choice of 3 talents.

All dungeons were revamped so no player could get lost. All maze sections of BRD, Mara, ..., Stockades, KZ are removed. All 5-men content changed into scenarios.

All quests being removed in favor of "dynamic" events. And as there is no leveling in game anymore, having quests would be grindy and redundant, "dynamic" events and scenarios are supposed to tell the story.

More emphasize on dances. Mobs do close to 0 damage, but every mob has special quick move, which will 1-shot you or leave at sub-10% HP if you won't react in time.

Developers realize that they destroyed everything that made this game to be CRPG, so it becomes MMOAAA (MMO-Action/Arcade/Adventure).
    It is kind of hard to make anything if there is a huge lack of creativity.

Edit: 3 next expansions:
    1. Restoration of Draenor. Expansion is focused on fixing all damage done to alternate Draenor.
    2. In Search of Garrosh. Garrosh is still scheming out there, he must be stopped.
    3. Calm Before Storm. With Garrosh finally found, a moment of peace falls upon Azeroth. Filler expansion, focused on repairing all damage done to Azeroth by Cataclysm and other events.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2013-11-18 at 02:58 AM.

Expansions:

- South Seas
    - Emerald Dream/Nightmare
    - Twisting Nether
    - Burning Legion

(Just a few, there will probably be more.)

Classes:

I can see Demon Hunter or Tinker being possible.

Races:

I think we will get the Naga as a neutral race and the Ogres as a Horde race (Metzen's dream races) as well as sub-races. Don't know about the other Alliance race though. Could be High elves . . . I know some of you disagree with that, but it's a possibility.
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2013-11-18 at 03:15 AM.

Last patch of WoD will lead to 7.0 so till we see that it's hard to know whats next. I don't see them going after the naga anytime soon. They said they want the expansion to be connect in story so we will have see where they take the story.

Misdirection... obviously he's saying it won't be all green. ^_^

I'm serious... particularly when you equate the Emerald Nightmare corruption involved...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    All stats removed from the game, HP/MP changed into percentages, thus making all content relevant and all raid rewards having semi-cosmetic stats (movement speed increase, lifesteal, etc.), which have minimum impact on gameplay.

All racials are removed. Races differ only on cosmetic level.

Professions are removed as being redundant and grindy.

Factions being redundant and making unnecessary clutter in character's tab. Removed.

There is no more dedicated tank role. Every plate dps can be assigned to be soaking damage.

Game had too much "illusion of choice". Developers decide to give us "real" choice, and as such, talent system is revamped to give more sense. New talents replace specialization, each class has choice of 3 talents.

All dungeons were revamped so no player could get lost. All maze sections of BRD, Mara, ..., Stockades, KZ are removed. All 5-men content changed into scenarios.

All quests being removed in favor of "dynamic" events. And as there is no leveling in game anymore, having quests would be grindy and redundant, "dynamic" events and scenarios are supposed to tell the story.

More emphasize on dances. Mobs do close to 0 damage, but every mob has special quick move, which will 1-shot you or leave at sub-10% HP if you won't react in time.

Developers realize that they destroyed everything that made this game to be CRPG, so it becomes MMOAAA (MMO-Action/Arcade/Adventure).

It is kind of hard to make anything if there is a huge lack of creativity.

Edit: 3 next expansions:
    1. Restoration of Draenor. Expansion is focused on fixing all damage done to alternate Draenor.
    2. In Search of Garrosh. Garrosh is still scheming out there, he must be stopped.
    3. Calm Before Storm. With Garrosh finally found, a moment of peace falls upon Azeroth. Filler expansion, focused on repairing all damage done to Azeroth by Cataclysm and other events.
    actually giggled a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

I'm serious... particularly when you equate the Emerald Nightmare corruption involved...
    He said it be use for a raid like firelands

I could see us getting stuck on Draenor for another expansion. Maybe explore the continent off to the southwest where the giants come from? Then go back to Azeroth for 8.0 to find that Gul'dan snuck back and after a few years finally managed to bring the Legion to Azeroth while we were off in Draenor.

South Seas needs to happen.

We will eventually face Sargeras

Maybe more of Draenor?

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft : The Dark Below
    World of Warcraft : Rise of the Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    He said it be use for a raid like firelands
    i could see an emerald dream raid tier like firelands.
    i could also see a vashir raid tier. Such great art being wasted not used for a raid tier. wasn't this originally planned but scrapped for time in cata... why not just do it!?
    Hi

I would be disappointed if we never got a chance to kill Sargeras since he is the creator of the burning legion

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Seriously, the Emerald Dream is all of Azeroth before mortal intervention. Not all nature is green.

They made it quite clear at Blizzcon that there won't be an Emerald Dream Expac. All it would be is all of Azeroth as 1 landmass and all green. They said that it would most likely be used as a raid tier and a Timeless Isle type hub and nothing else. Sorry to dash everyone's dream of running around in a giant green Azeroth. Never understood why that appealed to anyone either lol.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfyre27 View Post
    They made it quite clear at Blizzcon that there won't be an Emerald Dream Expac. All it would be is all of Azeroth as 1 landmass and all green. They said that it would most likely be used as a raid tier and a Timeless Isle type hub and nothing else. Sorry to dash everyone's dream of running around in a giant green Azeroth. Never understood why that appealed to anyone either lol.
    1) Citation needed for that

2) they also made it very clear they weren't going to do Player Housing in the past as well, even sighting fear that it would "take players out of the game world".

Anything is possible, MoP was out of left field, so was WoD. So judging by our last two expansion, nothing is certain. However we will have to deal with the Legion once and for all and one point, and we will meet Azshara and Nzoth at another. I wouldn't be surprised if the end expansion will actually be as raiding the Titan Pantheon possibly with the help of Sargeras. That would be an interesting twist. There are little clues here and there, which seem to point that we've been fighting on the wrong side. As in Titans being the actual bad ones. Eh who knows, let the speculation roll!

10+ Year Old Account

Also don't forget Emerald Dream is Azeroth as it would be without human interaction since its creation (it means no cities, no maelstrom, no sundering/shattering etc) which means they would have to rebuild the whole world and QQ away for everyone, like [We're rebuilding the whole fucking Azeroth, can't make more dungeons/classes/balance/bgs/insertrandomstuffpeopleneed] and spam it)
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.