Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The reasons why people hate Pandaren and what could had Blizzard done to prevent them

Blizzard should had introduced the obscure race (Obsucre at least to a majority of WOW playaerbase) prior to MOP. Putting Pandaren as neutral npc all over Azeroth or Northrend or The Outlands providing quest and as vendors would had saved a lot of time to explain their existence. There should had been traveling Pandaren merchants in the Barrens, quest givers in the dark moon isles or Pandaren npcs in neutral cities giving out quest.

Unlike the Draenei, the Pandaren in the eyes of the player base was a cheap rip off because of Kung Fu and if Blizzard had introduce them prior even though they were not playable, would had made playable Pandaren and their mysterious homeland(or at least their ancestor's) would be more anticipated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren in WC3 and references to Chen Stormstout in the Barrens wasnt enough?

Incoming obligatory "They were in Warcraft 3" and "There's a barrel in Ratchet that's Chen's" gobbledygook...

But you are right OP... having had the Pandaren spotted about earlier would've been smarter. Only thing though is that, well, the whole point of the Pandaren was that they were formerly a quiet secretive race far away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    FRAK!!! Somebody already beat me to it! You must've posted while I was typing... >_<

EDIT: and, no, they're obviously not enough. I doubt the majority of WoW players ever played WC3... let alone saw Chen. And words on a quest does not say "THIS GUY IS A UNIQUE PANDA-LIKE RACE" written on it. Chen could've been the name of a goblin for all the player's knowledge...
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-11-14 at 06:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can assume that based on the youtube likes/dislikes of MOP trailer, the questions during the previous Blizzcon, nope. Not all the WOW player played wc3, and the quest in the Barrens was known by very few people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Blizzard should had introduced the obscure race (Obsucre at least to a majority of WOW playaerbase) prior to MOP. Putting Pandaren as neutral npc all over Azeroth or Northrend or The Outlands providing quest and as vendors would had saved a lot of time to explain their existence. There should had been traveling Pandaren merchants in the Barrens, quest givers in the dark moon isles or Pandaren npcs in neutral cities giving out quest.

Unlike the Draenei, the Pandaren in the eyes of the player base was a cheap rip off because of Kung Fu and if Blizzard had introduce them prior even though they were not playable, would had made playable Pandaren and their mysterious homeland(or at least their ancestor's) would be more anticipated.

LOL

Who's authority do you think you are speaking with? Don't take it upon yourself to assume you speak for everyone, especially when most evidence points to you being the minority in addition to desperate if you think something like "You tube likes/dislikes" is any sort of admissible evidence.

But by all means, keep flopping around like Magikarp and grasping at straws.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well there was a buyable pandaren monk pet from the store in Wrath. That's something, thread done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Incoming obligatory "They were in Warcraft 3" and "There's a barrel in Ratchet that's Chen's" gobbledygook...

But you are right OP... having had the Pandaren spotted about earlier would've been smarter. Only thing though is that, well, the whole point of the Pandaren was that they were formerly a quiet secretive race far away.

- - - Updated - - -

FRAK!!! Somebody already beat me to it! You must've posted while I was typing... >_<

EDIT: and, no, they're obviously not enough. I doubt the majority of WoW players ever played WC3... let alone saw Chen. And words on a quest does not say "THIS GUY IS A UNIQUE PANDA-LIKE RACE" written on it. Chen could've been the name of a goblin for all the player's knowledge...

I dont understand the point, with this logic Draenei and Blood Elves should be equally as hated because of their exclusion in pre-BC and no one knowing them in WC2 or WC3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Well there was a buyable pandaren monk pet from the store in Wrath. That's something, thread done.
    which didn't help either. Seriously why do the players wanted Worgen? Because they've seen it in game as npcs.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont understand the point, with this logic Draenei and Blood Elves should be equally as hated because of their exclusion in pre-BC and no one knowing them in WC2 or WC3
    There were Blood Elves in Vanilla except they were pink night elves. And Draenei didn't had a 'tie-in' movie and is very unique, as you would not find any draenei in other myth, culture, lore outside of the warcraft-verse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    LOL

Who's authority do you think you are speaking with? Don't take it upon yourself to assume you speak for everyone, especially when most evidence points to you being the minority in addition to desperate if you think something like "You tube likes/dislikes" is any sort of admissible evidence.

But by all means, keep flopping around like Magikarp and grasping at straws.
    Do you really have anything constructive to add?

10+ Year Old Account
    which didn't help either. Seriously why do the players wanted Worgen? Because they've seen it in game as npcs.

- - - Updated - - -

There were Blood Elves in Vanilla except they were pink night elves. And Draenei didn't had a 'tie-in' movie and is very unique, as you would not find any draenei in other myth, culture, lore outside of the warcraft-verse.
    the protoss in SC2 and Covenant in Halo closely relate to the Draenei. Youre making really invalid and unsound points my friend. Blood Elves were never even the slightest of consideration to be in the Horde and were, in fact, widely unwanted PRIOR to the release of them. Ogres were always wanted instead.

The OP said that is because there wasn't an animated kids movie featuring blue goat spacemen performing Kung-Fu around the same time as BC launch I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    the protoss in SC2 and Covenant in Halo closely relate to the Draenei. Youre making really invalid and unsound points my friend. Blood Elves were never even the slightest of consideration to be in the Horde and were, in fact, widely unwanted PRIOR to the release of them. Ogres were always wanted instead.
    So in other words, the other races were successfully implemented and wanted because they were widely know, not obscure and were not affiliated to anything that some of the playerbase considered as negative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    The OP said that is because there wasn't an animated kids movie featuring blue goat spacemen performing Kung-Fu around the same time as BC launch I think.
    Pretty much. So Blizzard should had introduced them earlier to be npcs that other players could had interacted with. Heck, they just needed to put Chen as an NPC that gives out an awesome breadcrumb quest and the players would probably would had wanted more of him. Imagine a dungeon where we have to fight side by side with him during TBC or WOTLK, and he would be put on the same stature as other wow heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Release them in Burning Crusade, and no one would have cared. No one would have called them childish or harped on Blizzard for them being an "easter egg only" or "lol furry panda babies"

You know why?

Because Kung-fu panda hadn't come out yet.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Release them in Burning Crusade, and no one would have cared. No one would have called them childish or harped on Blizzard for them being an "easter egg only" or "lol furry panda babies"

You know why?

Because Kung-fu panda hadn't come out yet.
    YUp, if let say it was Chen Stormstout were the one we saved from the Botanica, people would had wished to see more of his kind.

Pandaren have been around in Warcraft since the third RTS game, even in the books. They just never made a prominent appearance in WoW the game.

Regardless, people like talking bears. It fits well within the whole high fantasy theme of Warcraft. People just didn't like the eastern theme associated with them, though.

Because those are very obscure and can be missed by players of WC3. Missed picking Chen during my first playthrough of that campaign

For Draenei its a retcon, but at least their broken comrades existed in Vanilla and Warcraft 3 (even mentioning their race name)

Blood Elves were always around since Vanilla and are ever present in WC2 and WC3 (anyone playing the campaign will see them) as High Elves, what are you smoking from your barrel of deception?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Pandaren have been around in Warcraft since the third RTS game, even in the books. They just never made a prominent appearance in WoW the game.
    Also not a promiment appearance in the thrid RTS game's expansion, closest you get is their feral cousins who look more like furbolgs due to WC3's choice of models

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

Regardless, people like talking bears. It fits well within the whole high fantasy theme of Warcraft. People just didn't like the eastern theme associated with them, though.
    Yeah, that's why when they announced the Pandaren as a playable race, it received nothing but love.. wait.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, hey, look. Another person telling me why I hated something and how they could have done it that I liked it. Oh, wait, I did like it, and you're wrong.

What do you know.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Oh, hey, look. Another person telling me why I hated something and how they could have done it that I liked it. Oh, wait, I did like it, and you're wrong.

What do you know.
    O hey look the player base is a collective term.

10+ Year Old Account
    And a lot of people wanted pandaren because they played with one in WC3.

15+ Year Old Account
    "The reasons why people hate Pandaren"

The title is inflammatory in and of itself. You have no idea what ANYONE thinks but you. Stop acting like you do.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE