Poll: How will Taran Zhu meet his glorious death?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I hope Garrosh kills him in his escape honestly.

But I'd be happy with "The mantid decapitate Taran and lay eggs inside his corpse" as well.

Killed and risen by Sylvanas.
    Preferably something backstage so we don't have to see him.
    It's what he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yes they do. the only problem is that pandarias threats were, atleast before we screwed everything up, on a pretty stable timeline, they knew relatively when shit was going to go down and how much shit was going to go down and they planned accordingly.

the pandaren on pandaria mostly assumed the rest of the world was dead after the burning legion invaded, they had no reason to assume green men from outer space and pink men with floating boats would come to their land and mess the entire system up.

we came, awoke the sha, the sha forced the mantid to attack hundreds of years early, the mantid pushed the yaungol out of their homes so they attacked in order to survive, then because of us the zandalari found out pandaria was back and taught the mogu magic again.

the major threats were defeated with the help of outsiders because pandaria planned its military recruitment and training based around centuries old cycles and didnt happen to have a velen around to predict the pandaclysm
    They knew only what their enemies wanted them to know. The mantid were building up their forces by having their weak die fighting the pandaren for hundreds of years, sooner or later they should have the army needed to easily wipe out the entire continent. They pretended to be safe from outside threats because of the mists, a faction other than Alliance/Horde could find the continent first and easily destroy them. Years of isolation and predictable threats had made them very weak, yet Taran Zhu thinks he can push the other races around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    Killed and risen by Sylvanas.
    Preferably something backstage so we don't have to see him.
    It's what he deserves.
    It isn't for you to decide on what he 'deserves.'
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    whats wrong with Taran Zhu?

Why is he unpopular? Aside from the occasional, I've never seen anything but like or neutrality for him. Honestly he's my favorite character from MoP, and I totally get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen18 View Post
    They knew only what their enemies wanted them to know. The mantid were building up their forces by having their weak die fighting the pandaren for hundreds of years, sooner or later they should have the army needed to easily wipe out the entire continent. They pretended to be safe from outside threats because of the mists, a faction other than Alliance/Horde could find the continent first and easily destroy them. Years of isolation and predictable threats had made them very weak, yet Taran Zhu thinks he can push the other races around.
    Actually, the Mantid cycle is a double edged sword of an arguement there. Before we came and uncovered the lore objects in our adventures, and "befrended" the paragons, the Pandaran didnt understand the meaning of the Mantid cycle, they just knew it happened. The problem is, the Mantid (since their god is dead), were for all intents and purposes, permanently trapped in the cycle. They would spend an eternity swarming, culling, and improving, but they would never actually conquor Pandaria, because that was not part of the cycle. They would need Yah'sharaj to return and actually tell them to do something new. And since in order to grow stronger, the Mantid need worthy opponents, it is concievable that they would "allow" the Pandaran to grow in comparative strength along with them to keep the cycle going.

Honestly, If the Mantid were were not under the command of an insane, sha possessed Queeen, they would likely be every bit as dangerous as the scourge.

Does the Varian option also involve Varian dying? If so, that one is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yes they do. the only problem is that pandarias threats were, atleast before we screwed everything up, on a pretty stable timeline, they knew relatively when shit was going to go down and how much shit was going to go down and they planned accordingly.

the pandaren on pandaria mostly assumed the rest of the world was dead after the burning legion invaded, they had no reason to assume green men from outer space and pink men with floating boats would come to their land and mess the entire system up.

we came, awoke the sha, the sha forced the mantid to attack hundreds of years early, the mantid pushed the yaungol out of their homes so they attacked in order to survive, then because of us the zandalari found out pandaria was back and taught the mogu magic again.

the major threats were defeated with the help of outsiders because pandaria planned its military recruitment and training based around centuries old cycles and didnt happen to have a velen around to predict the pandaclysm
    PANDACLYSM!

You just made my night. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except the Yaungol were pushing into Kunlai before we landed. And they did that because of the swarm acting erratically. Which means at least Sha of Fear was already out. And the Mogu were not a threat to be released by outside forces, they were constantly present. So the only thing we released were up to five other Sha. The weaker ones.
    Umm, No.

One thing you have to understand is that timelines in MMO games where quests occur all over the world simultaneously can sometimes seem a bit off.

You sort of have to read the "story" of pandaria like you would a book, and in this case, the events occuring in Townlong / Kunlai are reflective of what is going on when we arrive there in the story, not what was going on in chapter 1, which was much earlier cronologically.

In the case of Pandaria, it starts in Jade Forrest, and the "story" accounts for EVERY quest in Forrest before you move on to Valley of Four Winds. From there, you do all of Valley of Four Winds and Krasarang Wilds, and then move into Kun-Lai (just because you can skip directly to Kun-Lai if you were 87 coming out of Jade forrest des NOT mean the overall story does the same thing). Also, just because YOU managed to quest out Jade-Forrest in 2 or 3 days of crunch questing while leveling to 90 does NOT mean your character was only there for 3 days. In all likelyhood, nearly a MONTH or longer has passed before you even set foot in Kun-Lai. A LOT of shit can happen in that time.

The Yaungol were not attacking kun-lai before we landed. Our landing triggered the resurgance of the sha, and it is quite a while later timeline wise that we even get to Kun-Lai, which gives the mantid plenty of time to freak out like a kicked anthill, displacing the yaungol who move into kun-lai and are causing problems when we finally show up a long while after first Landfall in Jade Forest.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2013-11-15 at 08:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want Taran Zhu to die and I'm glad he survived the duel with Garrosh. That Grom line was epic - and why should every NPC be glad to see us^^

I'd go with morbid obesity, isn't that what kills all pandaren?

I hate that guy. How many times can someone "almost" die. It is like watching hairy potter again.

I wonder if Taran Zhu will become kind of a racial leader for pandas of both factions seeing as how the horde panda leader is most likely dead and the alliance leader said F this noise, im going home to the turtle.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Lol'd at the bambo sticks, what better way is there to kill an extinct species than with their primary food source. I mean, i'd love to get beaten to death by steaks....

I fkn love steaks

Deleted
    Can I choose all of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Karrados View Post
    By Failing to execute Garrosh Instantly? By allowing him to Escape (Time travel or not) thus Endangering AZEROTH (Not just Pandaria) with the Threat of the Iron Horde?

The moment Taran Zhu was given Garrosh, he should have snapped his neck

And the other Pandaren also Protect their home, yet they don't act like righteous bastards.

What i mean with Time travel or not is that there was always a Chance that he might escape, with (Dragon) or without Help.
    I don't think He is failing..... It was a logical choice to have him be judged.
    And who says he is the one allowing Garrosh to escape?

I think he is just protecting the continent. What's wrong there?

We come in his land and disrupt everything. I think we're at fault here more than he is.

We went to Pandaria to paint the continent red!
    He was just fighting for his homeland.

At that point in time:
    We, as heroes of Azeroth, choose for Garrosh and went to Pandaria to paint it red (from Horde perspective). We choose wrong!
    So I think we failed and not Taran.

I don't want him to die at all. Although I would like his character to learn some lessons and improve.

Deleted
    I like Taran Zhu.

Deleted
    I fucking hate Taran Zhu so much , hes just a fucking kung fu panda joke