Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The biggest mistake I see undergeared people doing is playing rambo. Like a undergeared dps trying to 1v1 a geared healer, then qq'ing because he couldnt dent him.
    If youre undergeared, stay with a pack, do alot of cc, peels, and things that contribute to a win, but not necessarily trying to top the charts for kbs and or damage.
    Queueing in groups helps too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    The typical fresh 90 is going to attain a huge advantage with Timeless gear compared to whatever they were leveling with. People who equip intel as a strength user and use WLK brewfest trinkets will see an even bigger advantage with the Timeless gear.
    so your issue isn't people coming into random bgs but not understanding their class.

Deleted
    What's funny is the people talking like players should be forced to go to timeless isle, or do anything else.

People have all the freedom to play with greens, or whatever they want. Just because you hate it, doesn't mean they should loose their right. It doesn't even matter if people are getting owned by the opposite team. Everyone has the right to join a random bg regardless of gear/skill.

Not to mention there could be loads of reasons for a boomkin having agility items, maybe he's trying to replace them and doesn't want to head to timeless isle/buy from ah/ worry about it? Even players that are ignorant about their class have every right to be in a bg, so the overhelming majority of arguments being thrown out here are useless.

As always, haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Every random bg I get in has 1 or 2 people that are in horrible gear. Basically dungeon drops and greens, proving the fact that a tour of Timeless Isle for free 496 gear is a very hard thing to do even with Blizzard holding your hand and telling you where to go. I was in a Silvershard Mines pug where there was a boomkin with an agility polearm for a weapon, and in another there was a dk with a mail agility helmet.
    Out of curiosity, why would I spend 1-2 hours gearing on Timeless Isle when I can just do BGs and get PvP gear, especially if my goal is PvP. If I want to do arenas or something then I need full PvP gear, Timeless Isle gear is worthless, wasting my time getting it would be idiotic when I can just join a BG and get honor gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Out of curiosity, why would I spend 1-2 hours gearing on Timeless Isle when I can just do BGs and get PvP gear, especially if my goal is PvP.
    Because gearing in the BGs is going to take much more than 1-2 hours?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

every bg need that random moron tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    So I take it they never have to wait for the queue to pop? I'm pretty damn certain gearing up through the timeless isle is a lot faster than doing BGs. The intro quests alone grant you a piece of gear and if you take the effort to open all the chests on the isle (which you can do while waiting for the queue) you'll most certainly find multiple armor tokens.
    It's still rng, and rng has a million different ways to fuck you. Unless you were farming rep or something and have tokens already saved up then pvp is faster. 2 days of afking in AV and you have full gear in every slot.

I don't mind noobs, I mind bots.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can beat that. Undead Mage with a Solid Copper Ring (2 Stamina), 80 Heirlooms and soon Random Ungemmed/Unenchated Cataclysm PVP Items. Have 197k HP with Fortitude.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I find it better when someone has less than optimal gear, just means I can neglect going around capping and just PvE all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    To be fair, Timeless isle gear really gives people no excuse to be in questing greens in a random BG.

I've seen a few too OP, it's fucking annoying. But nothing can be done about it.

Just to show, putting in even the tinniest effort is too much for some who'd rather just straight off get carried and bring down their entire team.
    Try do timeless on a dead realm. Sure you can get random drops if you are lucky but its pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Blupparen View Post
    Try do timeless on a dead realm. Sure you can get random drops if you are lucky but its pretty boring.
    EU kor'gall was 1 of those dead servers on day 1 when patch was released

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    My suggestion has been gear matching, but only for those with gear (including enchants/gems) below some threshold. That way, you CAN queue for a BG in crap gear, but you might wait a long time for the system to find someone to match you with before you get in.
    No. There are plenty of options for people who want to play a 'stricter' type of battleground/PvP.
    And before you ask, I'm in Grievous with some Tyrannical left over, I conquest cap each week via both random and rated battlegrounds.

You're also making the frankly ridiculous assumption that someone with gear is someone that:

a/ knows how to play;
    b/ isn't half-AFK;
    c/ actually gives a damn and is willing to play competitively/follow objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I don't mind noobs, I mind bots.
    Definitely this. A noob, at least, likely contributes in some way. A bot is listlessly wandering back and forth from base to base.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    No. There are plenty of options for people who want to play a 'stricter' type of battleground/PvP.
    But not if they want to solo queue.

It's fine, in fact it's more than fine, that lazy inconsiderate people be penalized rather than harming the game experience of others.

You're also making the frankly ridiculous assumption that someone with gear is someone that:
    Maybe you should read what I write instead of listening to the voices in your head?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Because gearing in the BGs is going to take much more than 1-2 hours?
    so.. spend 2 hours getting gear that really isn't going to help before I can start doing random bgs to get the gear that I want? makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    People gear up that way, you were in the same position yourself, how else should people be able to gear up in pvp?
    a boomkin should never use an agi weap same for dk using agi helmet
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-11-15 at 02:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    a boomkin should never use an agi weap same fro dk using agi helmet
    That's what this thread is about. It's not about how undergeared players need to gear up, it's about those retarded players that don't even have relevant gear equipped.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think those people honestly care about winning or having fun. They can just load in Honorbuddy or some shit like that, come back the next day morning and be honor-capped.
    Pretty much anyone can make his own profile so your bot wouldn't behave the same way as the rest, so it could look like he's just an actual noob playing.
    As long as botting is effortlessly available like this, public BGs are gonna be crap...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    People gear up that way, you were in the same position yourself, how else should people be able to gear up in pvp?
    Tbh I stopped doing BGs for gear.

I can run a dungeon i 10 mins the gives 500 honor and gold.

wednesday I used 4 hours trying to get a BG daily win to get my 270 honor. Never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Yeah, how dare I ask them to ride around timeless isle and open chests so they have at least some decent gear when joining bgs ?! I'm such an elitist fuck!
    Maybe find a group and go do rated bgs if you can´t live with people that don´t wanna do timeless isle and instead get their gear from pvp.