Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any issues with guys playing girl characters, but if they're getting off to the pixel character, that's pretty sad, only because their standards will be too damn high assuming their crushes with always be symmetrical video game characters that lack human faults that make us unique. I never played a girl character because when I got this game, it was called World of Warcraft... maybe I thought too much of War and not enough about hello kitty and cupcake time. When I imagine rushing into battle, I imagine a strong orc or human rushing in with pumped biceps yelling his warcry... I don't invision a chick w/ skimpy armor shouting like a prepubescent boy.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    I noticed that many people use this as an excuse to play female toons. Really, you get enjoyment from staring at a low polygon ass?
    Gee, you must've looked very carefully to notice the amount of polygons. Anywho if people could jerk off looking at a 8bit picture of something remotely resembling a female (geometrically) back in 80s... a low polygon ass is just overkill.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I don't have any issues with guys playing girl characters, but if they're getting off to the pixel character, that's pretty sad, only because their standards will be too damn high assuming their crushes with always be symmetrical video game characters that lack human faults that make us unique. I never played a girl character because when I got this game, it was called World of Warcraft... maybe I thought too much of War and not enough about hello kitty and cupcake time. When I imagine rushing into battle, I imagine a strong orc or human rushing in with pumped biceps yelling his warcry... I don't invision a chick w/ skimpy armor shouting like a prepubescent boy.
    But.. female characters have much prettier hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I don't have any issues with guys playing girl characters, but if they're getting off to the pixel character, that's pretty sad, ...

... I never played a girl character because when I got this game, it was called World of Warcraft... maybe I thought too much of War and not enough about hello kitty and cupcake time. When I imagine rushing into battle, I imagine a strong orc or human rushing in with pumped biceps yelling his warcry... I don't invision a chick w/ skimpy armor shouting like a prepubescent boy.
    Now that's ^^ what I call the bolded part.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    So basically, you make a pathetic attempt to hit on any female character in game and make a fool of yourself and feel relay embarrassed because it's a guy?
    The only confusion is on your end...stop being desperate and trying to hit on anything with digital tits.
    Same thing goes for the people saying about what they are staring at in game or saying XXXX character in game is soooooo hot (with the 1950s graphics this game has at this point it's even worse to say) when they're lusting over imaginary things that aren't even remotely realistic.

Once again the people claiming they don't want to stare at a guy's butt are simply running from their own gay thoughts since they were staring at it to begin with or they just plain are lying.

Quote Originally Posted by paperfire View Post
    This is big issue that needs to be addressed. Can guys stop playing female characters, or at the very least admit if they are guy if playing one? It causes alot of confusion and I got into a pretty uncomfortable situation because of this.
    FYI I am not actually an Orc either

10+ Year Old Account
    since when is there a underlying problem with someone that plays whatever model has the best animations depending on the class.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP: No thanks. I play female characters mostly in mmos because I find their character art/gear art looks cooler. I mostly play mage-type classes and, to me, male characters in robes look like they're wearing PJs or cross-dressing, whereas the robe-style graphics normally fit with a woman in my mind.

I do agree, though, that if you're a guy playing a female character and PRETENDING to be a girl irl... you have some real issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palinn View Post
    I do agree, though, that if you're a guy playing a female character and PRETENDING to be a girl irl... you have some real issues.
    Hmm... Such as?

I'll see if I can come up with the proper translation here. Guys that are secure and comfortable with their orientation please stop doing so, so I can assume that a bunch of pixels represents an outlet to my unfulfilled urges.

Quote Originally Posted by Palinn View Post
    OP: No thanks.male characters in robes look like they're cross-dressing.
    Kindly respect my Warlocks life choices. Thank you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    yes you weirdo!! (I'm being sarcastic mods!) ofc you are not weird, it is perfectly ok to play the opposite gender in a stupid game ffs, also every human has a male and female part of their personality, so we can indeed empathize with the opposite gender (and roleplay as the opposite gender, crazy I know!)
    People sometimes forget about that, don't want to know or indeed not knowing about it.
    Still it's a game you can play what you want.
    But I know a person who really thought one was female because of a female character. This character (being my ex) was waiting for another female character which was me. Of course you can't say who is male and who is female seeing a WoW-character - but that's the good thing about it
    If all of you guys were forced to play a male character would you enjoy the game as much as you do? How many female characters would you see in Azeroth do you think? Think numbers (female players) have increased since classic, not sure. Anyone has any numbers?! THAT would be interesting to me.

Deleted
    I only play a female character when I need help from a white knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    What is really odd, this thread. Really?!?

I play male and female characters. I make characters which seem cool to me. It has no barring as to who I am, and if you tried to guess my gender with out knowing me you would be wrong.

Now if you ERP it would be inappropriate to be cross gender with out informing the other player. But the reality is most people who play WOW don't RP yet alone ERP. As a safe rule when playing think of this, natural born women play Male Characters in this game, and natural born males play females. So to assume someone behind the screen of another character matches the gender you see is an assumption that can cause embarrassment.

Here is the list of some of my characters, by no means is it a complete list, since it wont let me add more from other servers.

If WoW had more assorted male and female body shapes, I'd be more on-the-fence about it. When I first came to WoW and for many years playing WoW I played exclusively male characters. The reason? Transmog didn't exist, there was no sense of individual style. I played what I felt like looked least offensive in the widest variety of armor based on the faction I was playing. Then transmogrification came.

Now, I make characters with a fantasy "theme" of some sort in mind. A style or design. I don't RP ingame, but to in a way I do. I enjoy believing that my characters are in a way individuals in a world and transmogrification allows you to create a character with a certain style in mind. A farmer mage, a lithe draenei "rogue" in tight leather, a repentant death knight clad in paladin armor, a "sniper" hunter dressed entirely in black leather-like mail. These are just a few ideas I've realized, and it's a blast to make new alts to me and come up with new styles.

Sometimes, these styles just don't work with males. You can't make a draenei assassin out of the male model they gave us, it'd look idiotic and goofy. So I made a female. Then I made a shaman for the same reason. And then the plate armor set I made looked silly on a male human, so I made it a female and it looked ten times better.

I never tell people I'm a girl when I play male characters, it's just that certain styles I want to make for characters simply don't work as a male. You shouldn't assume someone's a male if they play a female, though; you should assume nothing but that they are a human being and you should treat them with the respect you'd give any human being on the internet. It doesn't matter what gender they are unless you actually get to know them, and even then it most likely still won't be relevant.
    Last edited by Irian; 2013-12-31 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    I only play a female character when I need help from a white knight.
    ahahahahaahahahah. Fedoras and neck beards everywhere.

Anyway, I gave it some thought on why I play mostly female characters, could it be some unfulfilled need? maybe, do I like attention? hell no!, am I gonna lie and say the models are better than male models? Why lie. I think draenei females are hot, sue me. I also love badass women. Kitana from MK2 is my favorite of all badass video game women. Who doesn't love a kickass woman? And since I have to option of making my own badass female fighters I'm gonna do it.
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meysvindu View Post
    Dat ass doe:

It's times like these that I wish this forum had some sort of reputation system.

It's 3 am and I lol'd like and idiot.

When I first started playing WoW, someone said to me: "50% of characters are female, yet 80% of players are male. You do the math".

Deleted
    I got chars of both genders, mostly males though. Except Goblins because I hate how the male ones look .. all wrinkly