Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As long as the short-bus, "plz carry me" geniuses that comprise most of the player population demands things like 550+ for the first wing of SoO flex, you can be sure that LFR will have a secure and worthwhile spot in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if you think I'm not skilled enough.

But when I want to raid, at 5 AM EST time, Flex is not an option and LFR is always available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    Lastly, I 100% agree with Kezzik. If your whole reason for not doing things like flex is that it requires a group, you really shouldn't be playing an MMORPG. That's the whole point of the MM part, massively multi-player. Why are you playing a game built on the idea of social interaction, if you hate interacting with other people? I'm not trolling, it's a serious question. There are a ton of single player RPG games out there that offer an amazing solo experience. Wouldn't that be more to your liking if you can't stand other people?
    We enjoy the content the game offers? I don't have to interact/get to know many/any people to enjoy a vast wealth of the content.

Lastly, I 100% agree with Kezzik. If your whole reason for not doing things like flex is that it requires a group, you really shouldn't be playing an MMORPG. That's the whole point of the MM part, massively multi-player. Why are you playing a game built on the idea of social interaction, if you hate interacting with other people? I'm not trolling, it's a serious question. There are a ton of single player RPG games out there that offer an amazing solo experience. Wouldn't that be more to your liking if you can't stand other people?
    Players that demand laughably high gear requirements for flex drive people to LFR. It's pretty simple. Has nothing to do with wanting more solo content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    You can easily see the content with Flex now. As I see it, the only reason people like LFR is because they are not skilled enough for flex.
    Just...what?

You like movies because you can't read. You buy prepared food because you can't cook (this is actually my real life excuse). You have stretch underwear because you can't button up underwear.

Come on forum...more non sequiturs. Maybe we could make a non sequiturs thread but that may be redundant.

You can easily see the content with Flex now. As I see it, the only reason people like LFR is because they are not skilled enough for flex.
    Every time someone talks about skills, they are just saying that I am better than you. They always think that they are the skillful ones.

I'd kick your ass so bad no matter what role we played, but I really dont have any possibility for planning that many hours even a day ahead in my line of work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    As long as the short-bus, "plz carry me" geniuses that comprise most of the player population demands things like 550+ for the first wing of SoO flex, you can be sure that LFR will have a secure and worthwhile spot in the game.
    Basically this, if it wasn't for openraid, most of my alts would never see anything but LFR...lowest req. I've seen for Flex on my server in the last couple of weeks was 545+ for Wing 1...

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    Every time someone talks about skills, they are just saying that I am better than you. They always think that they are the skillful ones.
    One common thread with truely skilled people...in business, sports, games..whatever. They rarely find the need to remind others that they are not as skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    We enjoy the content the game offers? I don't have to interact/get to know many/any people to enjoy a vast wealth of the content.
    I guess what I don't understand, then, is the whole "well I'm doing LFR instead of flex because I have to have a group for flex". I've done LFR every tier it's been out, both for mains and alts. It's a cesspool. You always have afk people, you always have people who don't give a shit about basic mechanics and just flat out ignore them. You always have undergeared people. You always have about 5 people who play correctly and carry the others. I've never been in an LFR and been like "Wow these people are great, this was an amazing run". So I guess what I don't understand is, with LFR being so (in my opinion), bad, and taking just as long/if not longer to get into (when compared to finding a flex group on openraid), why would you prefer LFR? You still have to interact with people either way. Difference being, in Flex, if people suck, or afk, or ignore mechanics, they're easily kicked and replaced. That isn't always the case in LFR.

Hell I had one LFR on my Druid for first part of ToT a couple weeks back. We were on Horridon, and we wiped. I was #1 healing, our #2 was a DK, our #3 was a Windwalker, and the other 5 "healers" trickled down after that, all under 20k hps. They were afk/not caring. I said "This is stupid, I'm not going to heal until we get some new healers, they're afk". I brought attention to it, and to myself. That was a mistake. The response I got was "It's LFR, who cares" and "Lets just kick this guy so he shuts up". Really? This is the environment you want? How could you possibly enjoy this over something like flex?

Also to the guy who said "I can't do flex at 5 am est that's why I do LFR". Uhm, yes you can. Go make an openraid account, it takes less than 3 minutes, join the chat room, and you'll find flex groups forming constantly, all times of day. Again, I'd wager a guess that (at least for a DPS), you could find a flex group at 5 am est in less time than it'd take to sit through the LFR queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    One common thread with truely skilled people...in business, sports, games..whatever. They rarely find the need to remind others that they are not as skilled.
    ^10charrrrr

Until there isn't a single person in WoW with an insufferable squeaky nerd voice on vent, LFR will survive.

Deleted
    I hadn't really thought about it before, but I have to agree. The reality is, and this is especially true for DPS who suffer longer queue times, more often than not you can find a group for a flex wing using openraid MUCH faster than sitting in that same wings' LFR queue.

The whole "my server is dead" doesn't apply, flex is cross realm, and openraid is stupid-easy to use. The whole "I have a life" (this has always been a laughable "excuse") thing doesn't apply, because as stated, generally for a DPS at least, you can find a group in openraid faster. Side note, I love the people who always say "I can't do it, I have a life", news flash, you're probably just bad. People who throw this "excuse" around generally seem to think the only people who manage to raid have no life. The audacity and stupidity in that notion is quite amusing.

Main: gearing in normall/heroic
    Alts: LFR

and your problem is what exactly? Are you one of those noobkins who think they are special and others should not have loot? "coz they suck" (in your opinion) So what?

Quote Originally Posted by Eminus View Post
    Main: gearing in normall/heroic
    Alts: LFR

and your problem is what exactly? Are you one of those noobkins who think they are special and others should not have loot? "coz they suck" (in your opinion) So what?
    Do you have fucking downs or something man? Where did I say anything like that? Holy shit, your stupidity is overwhelming.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wish there would be stricter moderation on this forum, so many retarded threads
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I wish there would be stricter moderation on this forum, so many retarded threads
    I just find it comical, especially given the things I've been infracted for...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what if people arent "good enough" to play with a guild? Do you decide whos good enough?
    When you get old enough, you are going to understand that not everyone is concerned about their skill in a game. Some people actually play, just to have fun. Its mad isnt it?

10+ Year Old Account
    you prob shouldn't be playing an MMORPG then
    Neither should you. You're the kind of toxic jackass that would get violated very badly in the boy's bathroom in Middle School. Judging by your diction I believe that may have been in the recent past.

I have to do LFR in WoD, because it'll take too long to get to the raid entrance with flying not coming until 6.1
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Neither should you. You're the kind of toxic jackass that would get violated very badly in the boy's bathroom in Middle School. Judging by your diction I believe that may have been in the recent past.
    You people amaze me. You call him a toxic jackass, and in the same sentence mention him getting violated in a bathroom? As a child, since you mentioned middle school? Really? Go fucking hang yourself man.