Deleted

How are resto/enh shamans nowadays?

Hey,

I haven't been playing the game since June and was thinking to comeback as casual. I was deciding would I level a new character and try it out or I'll keep playing my shaman and the achievements/transmog sets convinced me to stay shaman.

Since the main reason I quit the game was boredom of elemental spec, I was wandering how are resto and enhas are doing nowadays. Wasn't following the news ever since I quit the game, so I really have no idea.

So the questions are:
    1. How are restos in 10s? Are they still viable in 25m only?
    2. Restos in PvP, I don't really like PvP but since I plan to play casually there won't be much to do if I won't raid.
    3. Enhas in PvP, I heard they were sick bursters before 5.4, but how are they now?

I'm quite familiar with Enhas in PvE, they do seem to wreck stuff hard, so it's out of the question.

Can't say anything about enhancement so I'll speak from Restoration POV:

It's a good place right now. I'm not high end, I'm upper casual. We'll have cleared Garrosh in a few weeks and be onto heroics.

Shaman healers have some good versatility, low overheals, good mana efficiency, and are pretty fun. Our strength is tightly packed aoe healing, and we simply rock out a few fights in SoO because of that. The other day to flex nuts I solo healed Sha of Pride. Our big weakness is spread out fights that require group healing, and there are a few fights like that. I tend to yo yo how well I do compared to the other two healers depending on fights.

By the way, if you are in a guild that is progressing still, you are a great asset with your mastery.

I don't pvp so keep reading for someone else who can tell you about that.

Have cleared up to Dark Shamans on HC10 and we should have done that last night. As a resto shammy I do well and am always first pick as off-spec DPS.

Orcbert says low overhealing - which means he must do a different job to me, because on Sha of Pride I hit 61% overheals - perhaps it is the priest I play with. In terms of big numbers - on Norushen HC you easily break 230k HPS, not that meters matter.

In PvP this is my first real season but with the right combo we are amazing. Lots of top teams use us - but the problem I find is we are squishy if peeling is weak. I play with a monk warrior team and some groups just CC me to death - ofc most people would just say LTP but trolling is just fun :P

I don't find spread healing a problem because the new Healing Stream Totem talent picks up a lot of that and the cloak + T16 2 Set are awesome. So yeh. Shammys good!

I don't play enh btw so can't comment past Lich King when I last did

Enhance is still in a pretty good spot in pvp and pve and is IMo the most fun of the 3 specs.

Resto PVE is a lot of HR/CH spam in 25's. 10's less so but it is still a viable spec just not as strong as other healers in 10's.

Resto PVP is no where near where we used to be back in cata but if played well and with good partners it is definitely viable and can be fun when you aren't getting tunneled/cc'd into oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by googlewhack View Post
    Have cleared up to Dark Shamans on HC10 and we should have done that last night. As a resto shammy I do well and am always first pick as off-spec DPS.

Orcbert says low overhealing - which means he must do a different job to me, because on Sha of Pride I hit 61% overheals - perhaps it is the priest I play with. In terms of big numbers - on Norushen HC you easily break 230k HPS, not that meters matter.

In PvP this is my first real season but with the right combo we are amazing. Lots of top teams use us - but the problem I find is we are squishy if peeling is weak. I play with a monk warrior team and some groups just CC me to death - ofc most people would just say LTP but trolling is just fun :P

I don't find spread healing a problem because the new Healing Stream Totem talent picks up a lot of that and the cloak + T16 2 Set are awesome. So yeh. Shammys good!

I don't play enh btw so can't comment past Lich King when I last did
    Tightly packed fights with conductivity such as Sha of Pride we have high overheals. If there are spread mechanics the overheals are generally very low.