Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Every time a casual gets his legendary, my cape loses a point in agility.

It's a goddamn travesty, I tell you. At least I still have my MgT white chocobo.
    Lol I have that mount and the Raven Lord mount from Sethekk Halls, even have the special Arcanite Reaper from the WoTLK launch week boss in Karazhan..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Yeah, BC was the best time for raiding, I wonder how many got Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury from Sunwell or Warglaive of Azzinoth from Black Temple when they were current, I don't think that many did..
    TBC raids were no harder than heroics of today. Back in TBC they had just implemented server transfers and you had to wait like 6 months before you could transfer again.It was extremely hard to find new players back then. You had to use what you could get from your server. Content isn't easier now, in fact I would say it is far more complex without hesitation. Finding new players is infinitely easier now however.

TBC is highly overrated in terms of difficulty by people who never played it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    TBC raids were no harder than heroics of today. Back in TBC they had just implemented server transfers and you had to wait like 6 months before you could transfer again.It was extremely hard to find new players back then. You had to use what you could get from your server. Content isn't easier now, in fact I would say it is far more complex without hesitation. Finding new players is infinitely easier now however.

TBC is highly overrated in terms of difficulty by people who never played it.
    I would be so offended if I didn't find that bolded bit there so funny, makes me wonder if you actually played WoW while TBC was current, I bet you didn't..

I remember our guilds first go in Gruuls Lair we had to pug with another guild to do it, the most interesting part was the grp of 5 bosses at the start where you had to have a mage yes a mage to tank one of them.. Magtheridons Lair was very cool getting the timing on the cubes right was always fun..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Are we going to pretend (Challenge Modes) takes skill..?
    serious?
    I can't see any argument for why it doesn't require skill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And while Blizz are in the business of making money they will not cut out half of their subscribers just to please a few people.. When you look at it legendaries became meaningless in The Burning Crusade when all you had to do was hope for them to drop from Kil'jaeden or Illidan and then win the roll.. Heck even the ones in WoTLK were a no brainer all you had to do was raid normal mode and be chosen to receive the mats for them..
    Sure, all you had to do was clear the raid in question, and be a good enough player in your guild that they'd help you win/get the Legendary. I doubt many guilds just let people roll for the Legendaries when they were relevant. I've always seen them assigned by dkp or simply giving it to the best players first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    what's your excuse for not completing every Raid on Heroic pre Nerf ? It doesnt take time or gear. Only skill.
    Eh? Completing heroic raids absolutely does require a certain level of gear, and with that comes the time required to farm it.

As I know people who can 3 man and get gold, it's no problem at all, you just have to pay for it instead, considering it can be done via cross realm as well, you then have the problem of people willing to pay real cash for gold.

Even a friend on my server sells Cmode clears, 2-3 hours for 50-90k. "Bads will not get legendaries" is a stupid statement for you to make, all you are doing is providing gold sellers customers because these "bads" may have trouble earning the gold required to pay someone to carry them through it, as well as inflating the prices of the cmode runs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartacus View Post
    Challenge modes are easy... you can also just buy it for like 100k.
    If it was easy, no one would spend 100k on it. Check and mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    or in vanilla when you hoped an eye would drop off rag or the bindings off garr...

or chosen to get the mats in AQ etc etc

legendareee
    You just brought back nightmares, little over 6 years running mc every cooldown to get 1 eye of sulfuras....
    7 years to get both bindings....
    Stupid rng.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Yeah let's ask ourselves something. Legendary has to mean something. Would it be a good idea to require 9/9 gold ? Personnaly I think so.

Afking in LFR requires no skill, whereas getting 9/9 gold means you kinda know how to play. The casual excuse doesnt matter : you dont need time, hell you dont even need gear.

I always found the challenge mode rewards highly lackluster. I think gating the legendary quest to them would be a good idea. The bads wont have a legendary, at least
    Do you live in a parallel universe?
    Perhaps an alternate reality?

I ask those questions, because for the love of god I don't understand why you would choose to take on an elitist attitude and ask posters to show their 9/9 challenge mode achievements (especially after speaking about getting 9/9, which i quoted above) when you are only 5/9 gold.....

You sir, fail at the interweb. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Please, please do not ever breed, I'm quite sure the world would implode if another one of you were wandering around.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

10+ Year Old Account
    I do both heroic raids and challenge modes, its the same set of skills.
    Why do you think CM boosts are so popular ? Cause players cant finish them by themselves.
    They really aren't , healing/ tanking in a 5man is drastically different to healing/tanking with 24 other people.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi, I am a noob and I have 150$ in my pocket. Care to boost me to gold?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    If it was easy, no one would spend 100k on it. Check and mate.
    It is easy, look at the number of guilds selling those. But it is easier to farm 100k gold in a couple of days if your skills at the game suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post

It is easy, look at the number of guilds selling those. But it is easier to farm 100k gold in a couple of days if your skills at the game suck.
    Your definition of easy is somewhat warped then. I'm sorry.

Four players would become very wealthy selling CM runs and everyone would have the cape anyway.

So... /shrug

No.

Stop trying to take stuff away from others to make yourself feel special.

Deleted
    LFR heroes would have a very hard time getting it since most would be kicked from regular groups and most can't afford what a carry would cost.

Getting all gold can be done by most people though. First time I did it, we carried a really bad player that did 10-15% of the dps and did no valuable CC at all. She had no addon displaying casting bars on enemies that weren't targeted, so she never knew which target to interrupt, stun or CC and she was pulling 30k dps on bosses with BL.

Proving Grounds gold would be a better requirement. It's a lot easier, but you can't cheat it.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your definition of easy is somewhat warped then. I'm sorry.
    What are you trying to say I just said that its easy for bad players to farm up the gold and obtain the set. However someone who knows his way around can easily do 9/9 gold by himself. Conclusion = to obtain the set is easy regardless of which method you prefer. Some people even spend real money on it. Also there is no need to be sorry for anything because this is fact. Ever wondered how all those 12y olds got the set? Because mommy paid for it.
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2013-11-16 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
    Some people seek the attention they are missing irl in other ways. Being the special snowflake the op is he/she decided to do it on here for everyone's entertainment.
    Just look at all the reality crap on TV, aimed at people like the OP.
    All that matters is pretending you are better, and screwing over everyone else ... Preferably in public or on camera.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post
    What are you trying to say I just said that its easy for bad players to farm up the gold and obtain the set. However someone who knows his way around can easily do 9/9 gold by himself. Conclusion = to obtain the set is easy regardless of which method you prefer. Some people even spend real money on it. Also there is no need to be sorry for anything because this is fact. Ever wondered how all those 12y olds got the set? Because mommy paid for it.
    Farming 100k gold is hardly easy, and its a weak argument against slapping a skill gate on a legendary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    you still forgot to post your own achivements.
    Neither me, nor any other somewhat skeptical person believe you're past 5/14 normal currently. You post a lot about how awesome you are, but none of your posts even show that you've done it.
    To be honest i think you're a troll that haven't even tried challenge mode, and haven't met Garrosh on normal.
    That is fine. I'm not much better than you, but at least i don't go pretending i'm a god damn awesome player :P
    garrosh normal ? Lol. I've got my mount for more than month now

Farming 100k gold is hardly easy, and its a weak argument against slapping a skill gate on a legendary.
    I pugged all nine challenge modes. Mogu shan palace was the hardest one. However, I got an experienced elemental shaman in there and it was a one shot with them. Getting challenge modes is easy if you know the right people.

The casual excuse doesnt matter : you dont need time, hell you dont even need gear.
    That's a good point, I agree with the idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I pugged all nine challenge modes. Mogu shan palace was the hardest one. However, I got an experienced elemental shaman in there and it was a one shot with them. Getting challenge modes is easy if you know the right people.
    So its easy with skilled players? That's kinda the point.