Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What ilvl for Mastersimple?

I've seen a lot of places saying it's good to switch to Mastersimple at higher ilvl's, but I was just curious what constitutes a higher ilvl right now? Are we talking full heroic or what?

Deleted
    You're talking like full heroic gear yes, and no its not a gain. Its a ~1% loss.

MasterSimple aka MasterDPSLoss. It is not recommended to play it at any gear level.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

Mostly curious because as a raid leader I can't always tunnel on my abilities when I'm watching another part of the raid. Would probably be a DPS increase to do Mastersimple instead of missing certain abilities in normal rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mootykins View Post
    Mostly curious because as a raid leader I can't always tunnel on my abilities when I'm watching another part of the raid. Would probably be a DPS increase to do Mastersimple instead of missing certain abilities in normal rotation.
    Learning a 'alternate' rotation for distracted motions would almost certainly be a DPS loss vs. just letting a few GCDs slack as you shout at people, because cognitive dissonance is a dirty whore.

MasterDerp is basically just dropping obliterates and Soul Reaper in the largest respects anyways. I'm pretty sure you should just stick to your normal rotation until it's muscle memory; stick your runebar somewhere easily visible so you can glance at it while giving orders.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    cognitive dissonance is a dirty whore.
    Lol. That is almost priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    stick your runebar somewhere easily visible so you can glance at it while giving orders.
    Echoing this because I see so many people with rune addons in silly places.

It should go near enough to the middle of your screen that you can see it regardless of where on your screen you are looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Echoing this because I see so many people with rune addons in silly places.

It should go near enough to the middle of your screen that you can see it regardless of where on your screen you are looking.
    Mine's about halfway between the center and bottom of my screen, it's always easily visible. I prefer a centered setup as opposed to others who like say, a WeakAura string that puts them to either side of the HUD.

It's all about finding somewhere that fits for you.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Forgive my ignorance - what is Mastersimple?

An even lazier way of playing dw frost where you pretty much just use plague strike, howling blast and frost strike.

It's actually not that much of a damage loss at high gear levels, which is kind of sad.

Deleted
    Am I the only DK who's got the runes tracking running in my head, and through my spells availability?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by INecrosiSI View Post
    Secondly that sounds painful to do but if it works for you its cool I guess, but I doubt anyone else does it.
    I do it too =/ kind of taking over PvP thought cycles into PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Woopert View Post
    Am I the only DK who's got the runes tracking running in my head, and through my spells availability?
    Kinda. Except I only keep track of UH runes now that I'm playing DW.

you should have 4p if you wanna use it.
    after having 4p its just a matter of mastery, the more mastery you have the less of a loss is it.

I apologize for the slight Necro, but I was playing around with simcraft today for my profile

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...engos/advanced

If I took out Obliterate and added Plague leech above empower runic weapon, and It Only showed to be a 900 DPS loss or .3%

If I took out Soul reaper Entirely the Loss was 1.4%

So I will conclude from my own findings that if you want to simplify things just a little bit that just removing obliterate entirely Is completely viable and not an issue whatsoever, but not using SR is too much of a loss for me to tolerate, especially since its so easy to fit into the DW rotation anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    On higher item leves howling blast becomes indeed better then soul reaper.

about obliterate, in my gear not using would be a 6k dps loss, simmed it again right now
    Last edited by Basso; 2013-10-14 at 06:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Serious question,

what is mastersimple? and why is the person who named it not in prison?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Serious question,

what is mastersimple? and why is the person who named it not in prison?
    Mastersimple is using Howling Blast, Frost Strike, Plague strike and no other rotation abilities. You still use cooldowns. It means you can bind half your keyboard for Howling Blast, half to Frost Strike, click cooldowns, and literally faceroll for (apparently) 99% functionality.

And they are not in prison because it is MASTERfrost using only a SIMPLE rotation, for MASTERSIMPLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gendori View Post
    I apologize for the slight Necro, but I was playing around with simcraft today for my profile

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...engos/advanced

If I took out Obliterate and added Plague leech above empower runic weapon, and It Only showed to be a 900 DPS loss or .3%

If I took out Soul reaper Entirely the Loss was 1.4%

So I will conclude from my own findings that if you want to simplify things just a little bit that just removing obliterate entirely Is completely viable and not an issue whatsoever, but not using SR is too much of a loss for me to tolerate, especially since its so easy to fit into the DW rotation anyway
    I get completely different results simming you.

Here is the profile used, I had to pastebin it because it is quite long. I verified that the proper way to remove soul reaper is to remove the soul reaper line and I verified that the proper way to replace obliterate with plague strike for mastersimple is to replace:

actions.single_target+=/obliterate,if=unholy>0&!buff.killing_machine.react

with

actions.single_target+=/plague_strike,if=unholy>0

The Pastebin : http://pastebin.com/MHkZtAyY

The Mod 1 and Mod 2 are different interactions with anti magic shell. I tend to adjust this myself when i'm simming things.

Mod 1 is anti magic shell absorbing 400k every 60 secs. Mod 2 is absorbing 400k every 45 seconds. Default is 100k every 60 seconds. These are mostly for your own interest, the important ones are Default, mastersimple with SR, and mastersimple no sr. Sorry for random capitlization, they mean nothing and are purely due to me not paying attention.

All sims have AMS doing 100k every 60 seconds unless it has a mod 1 or mod 2 after it.

My results from simming you.

(http://i.imgur.com/Sx3sWCG.png)<<Larger Image

These values are compared with default not with each other.

Default: 100%
    Mastersimple with SR: 93.4%
    Mastersimple no SR: 91.8%

This is much greater than the .3% and 1.4% you posted so i'm curious if you still find these values to your liking, personally, I think a 6.6% and a 8.2% to be much too high for my liking.

And slightly offtopic, this isn't long enough for a necro and besides, its on topic We only care about the ones that people necro from months ago and add nothing.
    Last edited by Nangz; 2013-10-14 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    I get completely different results simming you.

Here is the profile used, I had to pastebin it because it is quite long. I verified that the proper way to remove soul reaper is to remove the soul reaper line and I verified that the proper way to replace obliterate with plague strike for mastersimple is to replace:

actions.single_target+=/obliterate,if=unholy>0&!buff.killing_machine.react

with

actions.single_target+=/plague_strike,if=unholy>0

The Pastebin : http://pastebin.com/MHkZtAyY

The Mod 1 and Mod 2 are different interactions with anti magic shell. I tend to adjust this myself when i'm simming things.

Mod 1 is anti magic shell absorbing 400k every 60 secs. Mod 2 is absorbing 400k every 45 seconds. Default is 100k every 60 seconds. These are mostly for your own interest, the important ones are Default, mastersimple with SR, and mastersimple no sr. Sorry for random capitlization, they mean nothing and are purely due to me not paying attention.

All sims have AMS doing 100k every 60 seconds unless it has a mod 1 or mod 2 after it.

My results from simming you.

(http://i.imgur.com/Sx3sWCG.png)<<Larger Image

These values are compared with default not with each other.

Default: 100%
    Mastersimple with SR: 93.4%
    Mastersimple no SR: 91.8%

This is much greater than the .3% and 1.4% you posted so i'm curious if you still find these values to your liking, personally, I think a 6.6% and a 8.2% to be much too high for my liking.

And slightly offtopic, this isn't long enough for a necro and besides, its on topic We only care about the ones that people necro from months ago and add nothing.
    Those results would not be to my liking, but you haven't simmed it the way I did, so please tell me what Im missing and Ill tell you what i did. I removed the Obliterate Line, and added Plague Strike Just above empower rune weapon. With that priority, You ignore all UH runes until you cannot do absolutley anything except PS, With that Priority I'm only showing a .3% DPS loss. Curious Also, Im seeing different results for the Pure default Than I am? Are you using a different version than me? I'm using the 5.4-4 Build.

Here is the Priority I used

actions.single_target=blood_tap,if=talent.blood_tap.enabled&(buff.blood_charge.stack>10&(r unic_power>76|(runic_power>=20&buff.killing_machine.react)))
    actions.single_target+=/frost_strike,if=buff.killing_machine.react|runic_power>88
    actions.single_target+=/howling_blast,if=death>1|frost>1
    actions.single_target+=/unholy_blight,if=talent.unholy_blight.enabled&((dot.frost_fever.remains<3|dot.blood_plague .remains<3))
    actions.single_target+=/soul_reaper,if=target.health.pct-3*(target.health.pct%target.time_to_die)<=35
    actions.single_target+=/blood_tap,if=talent.blood_tap.enabled&((target.health.pct-3*(target.health.pct%target.time_to_die)<=35&cooldown.soul_reaper.remains=0))
    actions.single_target+=/howling_blast,if=!dot.frost_fever.ticking
    actions.single_target+=/plague_strike,if=!dot.blood_plague.ticking&unholy>0
    actions.single_target+=/howling_blast,if=buff.rime.react
    actions.single_target+=/frost_strike,if=runic_power>76
    actions.single_target+=/howling_blast
    actions.single_target+=/frost_strike,if=talent.runic_empowerment.enabled&unholy=1
    actions.single_target+=/blood_tap,if=talent.blood_tap.enabled&(target.health.pct-3*(target.health.pct%target.time_to_die)>35|buff.blood_charge.stack>=8)
    actions.single_target+=/frost_strike,if=runic_power>=40
    actions.single_target+=/horn_of_winter
    actions.single_target+=/blood_tap,if=talent.blood_tap.enabled
    actions.single_target+=/plague_leech,if=talent.plague_leech.enabled
    actions.single_target+=/plague_strike
    actions.single_target+=/empower_rune_weapon

Edit- By the way, If I add death and decay just above PS the gap is even smaller. Again, I'm ignoring all UH Runes until I cannot absolutley do anything except burn an UH rune, and the results Im getting are a very very tiny DPS loss
    Last edited by Gendori; 2013-10-14 at 10:20 PM.