Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hopefully Grom will become Warchief of the Horde at the end of WoD, or at least leader of the Orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    You know what we call people who discriminate against others because of their skin color? You're pretty much doing the same thing here.
    Wow, way to throw the race card into an imaginary warchief fight.

But I agree OP, I like Vol'jin, just not THAT much. I preferred Garrosh, but too many whiners got him turned into a monster (aka end game lootz).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vren View Post
    Wow, way to throw the race card into an imaginary warchief fight.

But I agree OP, I like Vol'jin, just not THAT much. I preferred Garrosh, but too many whiners got him turned into a monster (aka end game lootz).
    He was always a monster.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He was always a monster.
    Not really no.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what we call people who discriminate against others because of their skin color? You're pretty much doing the same thing here.
    You know what I call people who play the race card whenever they have a chance?

Deleted
    you understand that your char isnt in azeroth at all next xpac, right? neither will he ofc so it didnt really mattered at all who gets the new warchief.
    and just because your an orc lover not everyone else has to be so stop being a troll(ing) hater

Deleted
    Pretty much spot on OP, Vol'jin was always a stupid choice for Warchief. They shouldn't of 180'd on Garrosh and just stuck with him. In Cataclysm he was just acting like an orc and fulfilling the new Horde's original "mission statement" if you will. Band together and fuck everyone else, survive. The orcs needed resources after the Cataclysm and he did what he had to, and in the orcish way, crush anyone who wants to stop you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe they respect strength above all else, not necessarily the race. They might think less of Vol'Jin at first, until he proves himself to be worth the respect he deserves. It's pretty much a necessity he does. I'm sure Blizzard knows this and makes Vol'Jin shine a little in some situation.
    Last edited by Santti; 2013-11-17 at 05:11 PM.

Warlords: "So this is the 'Warchief' of the new Horde? Doesn't look like much to me."
    *Vol'jin stands up from his crouch, towers over the other orcs*
    Vol'jin: "You got a problem with dat?"

Warlords talk among themselves: "Damn he's big." "Is he mostly naked?" "Motherf#$@#$'s wearing skulls."
    Warlords nod to eachother.
    Warlords: "No man, your cool."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Often those who are most hesitant to lead are those who use their powers most effectively.
    While this is true, he does have leadership experience with his own people but even that was very poor. Considering the naga almost obliterated their clan, he's not terrible by any means but not big enough to take on the whole horde. I think Saurfang which also falls under the "hesitant to lead" would be a better choice, but then again he seems more like the General who is great at leading armies but probably awful at leading a country. Like President Grant.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Yeah, I think Blizzard had originally planned for Thrall to become Warchief again but they changed it to Vol'jin at the last second to please the fans.

So since Thrall will be the focal point of the expansion again for the Horde side, I don't understand why he isn't Warchief. It's just a stupid reaction to please the fans. There's way too many retarded Vol'jin fans. Heck, Garrosh was right all along, Vol'jin never actually did anything productive. And he won't do anything anytime soon either. He's just lame. Why Blizzard? This is just stupid.

It's as if Vol'jin is only Warchief in title, in the end it's still Thrall that calls the shots. So why even let Vol'jin get the title if it doesn't mean anything?
    Blizzard said that they had been building up Vol'Jin to be the warchief for 2 years now so it wouldn't be that much of a surprise, where did you get your info from that they changed their decision to Vol'Jin at the last moment? (Go look for blue posts around the time of 5.4 release if you want to see where I got mine )

Play WC3 TfT or read up on Vol'Jin's history if you wanna know the productive things he did. Like co founding durotar and preventing the horde from being wiped out by Admiral Proudmoore with the aid of Rexxar (and later on Jaina and Cairne aswell if I remember correctly). If anyone, Vol'Jin made the most sense to become the Warchief (aside from Thrall). He, Thrall and Cairne made the Horde into what it is today. Garrosh was... Groms son and... well, that was about it.

And how is Thrall calling the shots? Is there a fuckload of new lore that I haven't read up on yet since 5.4 aside from the WoD leaks? Who says Vol'Jin isn't the one who wants to hunt down Garrosh more then anyone, it's all just assumptions really. You clearly dislike Vol'Jin and hate the fact that he became Warchief. I didn't like Frodo dying at the end of LotR but that doesn't mean the movies were beyond horrible, I disliked certain Game of Thrones characters dying, I still love the series though. Just come to peace with the fact that you won't always have your way. If you read a book and something you dislike happens, do you just throw away the book? Didn't think so, atleast see how the story goes before saying it's "stupid".
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2013-11-17 at 05:06 PM.

ppl will hate voljin, doesnt matter what he does. that is just cuz they hate trolls, i love trolls, dont mind the hate, whatever floats your boat

I really wonder what the leaders of Azeroth are gonna be doing...

We know about Thrall going, so I'd imagine someone else, like Saurfang, has to stay behind and lead the orcs back home and bring them back on the right course.
    I highly doubt Sylvanas is gonna do anything in Warlords, she could care less.
    Baine... I dunno, I just don't see him going anywhere. If anything he'd send a champion, like Dezco (which I wouldn't mind).
    Vol'jin, being the Warchief and all, one might assume he needs to show up and lead against these buggers and guide the Horde to prosperity with Thrall as an advisor. But I just don't see what he has going on for him on Draenor... and I'd guess there might be some "cleaning up" to do in Azeroth, but maybe some high ranked Darkspear and Saurfang(?) could deal with that for a while.
    Lor'themar... Again, what would he be doing? I'd kinda rather he stay put in Quel'thalas and work with his new troops and weapons from Isle of Thunder. Then maybe in the final raid where the Iron Horde might make it through the portal, then he could be ready to greet them with many others.
    Gallywix... Not like he's been doing much anyway, so don't see why he would now, other than to make a profit on Draenor...

Varian... Again, leader of a faction, he has to go and fight! He's High King and all! I guess... Someone has to lead the humans on Draenor, might as well be him I suppose.
    I guess the Dark Irons were to make an appearance, so guessing Moira might be around a bit.
    Tyrande... Maybe she'd go to deal with the bastard orcs cuz they cut down her forests...
    Gelbin hasn't been doing much and this doesn't sound like the time for him to shine.
    Velen will of course be around, but will the present Velen show? I somehow don't think so... I got a feeling he's just that powerful that he knows all and would act the same either way.
    And Genn... might lead some ferocity to Draenor...

I dunno, maybe they'll all show up in 6.1 just like Landfall gave us some leaders on Pandaria. I'm just really curious and whatever Vol'jin does then it's cool with me. If he fights, then awesome, he's leading the Horde. If he stays back then awesome, he's dealing with everything back home and getting the hang of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol and the cycle begins. I'm sure half of you were once in the fuck garrosh group and now you are bitching and moaning about someone we haven't seen do anything as WARCHEIF yet. Also looking at troll history, they do seem like better leaders soo yeah there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    I got a feeling that Vol'jin won't be around much in Warlords. Bet he'll be busy sorting out the Horde back home while the heroes follow Thrall to Draenor.
    Pretty much this. He has a big mess to clean up.

Deleted
    I still think he is only a temporary Warchief and Thrall will replace him again sooner or later.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what I call people who can't differentiate between a game and the real world....

Anyways moving right along:

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    you understand that your char isnt in azeroth at all next xpac, right? neither will he ofc so it didnt really mattered at all who gets the new warchief.
    and just because your an orc lover not everyone else has to be so stop being a troll(ing) hater
    So you're not going to hearth to Orgrimmar or Stormwind even once during the whole expansion? Of course you'll be in azeroth at least a bit and going back to azeroth where vol'jin rules the horde just seems lame during WoD.

Now I am an orc lover but I am NOT a troll hater. I actually like trolls and play a few of them I just don't think Vol'jin should have ever become warchief of the horde.
    "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
    "That is the only time a man can be brave."
    -Lord Eddard Stark

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    I really wonder what the leaders of Azeroth are gonna be doing...

We know about Thrall going, so I'd imagine someone else, like Saurfang, has to stay behind and lead the orcs back home and bring them back on the right course.
    I highly doubt Sylvanas is gonna do anything in Warlords, she could care less.
    Baine... I dunno, I just don't see him going anywhere. If anything he'd send a champion, like Dezco (which I wouldn't mind).
    Vol'jin, being the Warchief and all, one might assume he needs to show up and lead against these buggers and guide the Horde to prosperity with Thrall as an advisor. But I just don't see what he has going on for him on Draenor... and I'd guess there might be some "cleaning up" to do in Azeroth, but maybe some high ranked Darkspear and Saurfang(?) could deal with that for a while.
    Lor'themar... Again, what would he be doing? I'd kinda rather he stay put in Quel'thalas and work with his new troops and weapons from Isle of Thunder. Then maybe in the final raid where the Iron Horde might make it through the portal, then he could be ready to greet them with many others.
    Gallywix... Not like he's been doing much anyway, so don't see why he would now, other than to make a profit on Draenor...

Varian... Again, leader of a faction, he has to go and fight! He's High King and all! I guess... Someone has to lead the humans on Draenor, might as well be him I suppose.
    I guess the Dark Irons were to make an appearance, so guessing Moira might be around a bit.
    Tyrande... Maybe she'd go to deal with the bastard orcs cuz they cut down her forests...
    Gelbin hasn't been doing much and this doesn't sound like the time for him to shine.
    Velen will of course be around, but will the present Velen show? I somehow don't think so... I got a feeling he's just that powerful that he knows all and would act the same either way.
    And Genn... might lead some ferocity to Draenor...

I dunno, maybe they'll all show up in 6.1 just like Landfall gave us some leaders on Pandaria. I'm just really curious and whatever Vol'jin does then it's cool with me. If he fights, then awesome, he's leading the Horde. If he stays back then awesome, he's dealing with everything back home and getting the hang of things.
    My thoughts on the faction leaders:

Thrall technically isn't a faction leader any more (they've said he probably won't even lead the Orcs) but of course he's definitely going to have a big role. Not to the level of Cataclysm after that backlash, probably on the same level as MoP. I actually think his spotlight will be the opposite of how it was in MoP: In MoP he was almost completely absent from the first half of the expansion and then took centre stage during patches 5.3 and 4. I reckon this time they'll frontload the Thrall time and have a lot less of him in the final patches.

I think Varian and Vol'jin will stay at home to clean up and not do very much this expansion. But I do like the Siege of Stormwind idea being thrown around as the final raid patch and in that case we'll almost certainly see Varian and maybe Vol'jin as well.

They've said that the Dark Iron storyline will be continued to a degree so I expect Moira to turn up in one of the early patches. Velen obviously is getting a large amount of focus, but it'll be Velen B not our Velen. I'm also getting a bit of a gut feeling for Baine, Tyrande and Lor'themar. Lor'themar because I think they need to capitalise on his development in Mists to make sure he's not forgotten once more, and the former two because they fit in very well with the "savage" nature of Draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

So I'm predicting the following leaders will get lots (or at least a decent amount of) focus:
    >Thrall
    >Baine
    >Lor'themar
    >Velen
    >Moira
    >Tyrande

Deleted
    I hope Vir'gin stays out of Draenor. Orc warlords see what our horde is being led by and they freaking die to laughter. Then again that might be a good tactic.

Deleted
    This is why Rexxar would have been a much better warchief, he makes much more sense in WoD and it would be very interesting to see him meed more mok'nathal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kreserb View Post
    This is why Rexxar would have been a much better warchief, he makes much more sense in WoD and it would be very interesting to see him meed more mok'nathal
    Rexxar dislikes civilisation and prefers wandering about in the wild. He's not even an official member of the Horde. Lor'themar should have been Warchief.