Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Trolls are one of the founding races of the New Horde, and Vol'jin has been Thrall's right hand for about a decade now. To say that he isn't anyone to the rest of the Horde, or that Trolls aren't a central part of the Horde is simply not true. He doesn't have a list of amazing feats, but he's always been there supporting the Horde and keeping it together and he did organise the rebellion against Garrosh.
    Simply being there doesn't add much to the contribution.

Voljin was the right and the unique option for Warchief.

Baine?: too young and he need more actions.

Sylvannas?: hahaha no, that b*tch no.

Lor'themar?: he had his time in Isle of Thunder and he is a good guy, but a blood elf warchief? a think not.

Gallywix?: He is a Trade Prince, not a Warchief

Tharanzu? Gamon? Thrall again? Saurfang maybe but you know Blizzard
    Last edited by Baneador; 2013-11-18 at 10:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I did.

It was shit.

Vol'jin did sod all in the novel compared to real lore characters.
    Oh yay, hyperbole, we meet again.

I love Vol'jin, his beard's cool and he's a good mix of brute and diplomat.

What do I see Vol'jin doing as positives during his reign?:

- Possibly offering a truce to the Zandalari or attempting to integrate their crippled culture into the Trolls of the Horde, thus significantly reinforcing his army and population.
    - Launching sea-based territorial reclamations, such as retaking Kezan and Lost Isles for the Horde.
    - Appointing Saurfang as leader of the Orcs to redeem their honor and help guide them back to the right path.
    - Possibly making Lor'themar his Overlord of the east, thus giving Lor'themar supreme power over the eastern Horde and keeping Sylvanas in check.
    - Maintaining peace with the Alliance, albeit, a tense peace.

Now for the Negatives:

- Being ignorant to the plight of the Horde as a whole, ignoring Sylvanas intentions even with Lor'themar watching.
    - Doing little to retaliate against Alliance skirmishes, with the intent of keeping the peace he may actually end up doing very little to stop Alliance retaliation.
    - Abandoning Thrall while he goes on his mad quest into the past, having little interest in going to a world he has little understanding of.
    - Being a poor diplomat even if he is a cunning leader, probably having great difficulty making everyone in his own faction Happy.
    - Will ultimately be assassinated by malcontent members of his own faction (Sylvanas) who desire to start a war again.

I doubt all of what Ive foretold will come to pass but a good chunk of it most likely will.

I have read SOTH, and I still don't feel like Vol'jin is a leader, hes a shadow, hes the Horde's troll Batman, hes their silent watcher and lone wolf, hes not meant to lead on a throne, even if he has some capacity at wisdom.

He understands the value of family and diplomacy, but his weakness is that he does not appreciate deception and cleverness such as the kind someone like, yet again, Sylvanas might employ for her own ends.

Hes not as tricksy as he likes to believe either, after all, he was back stabbed by Garrosh first which shows that his threats are generally empty and hallow, this means he is actually weaker than he might appear to be.

Vol'jin is good at rallying an army, hes good at fighting a war, but hes no peace time leader, that's the problem, he does not know how to "manage" the people he has become leader of, and that, as Bwonsamdi foretold, will likely be the reason he is crushed under the weight of his own victory.

10+ Year Old Account
    He begged for the alliance help in mists. We got a traitor as warchief.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    i think its the way he was introduced as a warchief.. on the video, he was all like... "if you dont like it, ill kick ur ass".. while before, he was all like "for the horde, bitches"...
    What are you talking about? Rewatch the video, lol. "I am not worthy.... For The Horde"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    He snitched on the Zandalaria.
    He QQ'd about Thrall over looking him for Warchief.
    He questioned Garrosh.
    He ran to The Alliance when he could have challenged Garrosh for the mantle of Warchief.

Vol jin is a pansy and I hope Garrosh kicks his ass like he did Cairne and that tree hugger.
    You cared enough to post.

He is Warchief now.... SOO is still the current content... so we have no clue how he will be as Warchief.

or am i wrong in my thinking? Should he act now, as soo is still going on and we are killing our current warchief and replacing him with Voljin?

Deleted
    Strangely enough I think it's mostly due to both him being the underdog and the obvious choice.
    Trolls never were hugely populair, so he didn't have a large following to begin with.
    Then he started getting up played to replace Garrosh and he became the obvious choice which didn't really help either.

Then there is the group of Garrosh and Orc fans that still can't accept garrosh was a tyrant and that the warchief should be an orc respectively.
    Combined with a large group of people that hang on pretty boy's lips. Mind you I like Lorthemar like he is now, but a lot of people seem to follow him just because he's the pretty elf.

As for me, I'm all for Vol'Jin as Warchief. Besides the fact I'm a Troll fan-boy I think he's an interesting character and I'm curious to see how a non-orc will fare as warchief. Especially when we are about to face a mostly Orc adversary. And besides, he's got cool written all over him, what's not to like about that?

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Remember the scene when Varian threatens the Horde at the SoO ending cinematic? And Vol'jin just stays quiet?

That's why I like him. Garrosh, Saurfang, or even may be Thrall on his shoes could react to Varian's arrogant, humiliating threats in a violent and proud manner, causing the psycho bitch Jaina, Varian, or both to go berserk. Horde was in lack of the Orcish military, their capital in ruins, and Alliance actually had forces inside of Orgrimmar. A mindless show of power would likely cost the lives of every rebel fighter left in the city, including racial leaders.

And being aware of his obvious tactical and military disadvantage, Vol'jin just swallows his pride and shuts the fuck up until that asshole of king is done masturbating his ego. That's a level of patience and intellect that can never be expected from an Orcish leader we know of, it's leadership material.
    What I loved about that bit was how he rose up from his crouch to meet Varian eye to eye, equals. If he wanted to he could have towered above Varian, but he choose not to. He has worked together with the alliance before. He knows they need each other, whether they want to or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ddd View Post
    I don't like that mon Vol'jin coz he blu troll and an ugly one. He shaman like Thrall. He will bring the attenion of da Zandalari trolls. King Rastahkan will knew about it. Dat no good for the Horde. Sylvanas wont listen to da Vol'jin. Elves and trolls are da enemys - Lor'themar can go think again bout returning to da Alliance. That no good if it happen, mon. That no good. Da orcs are destroyed. Taurens and trolls are gonna repair now. Dat hard times for da Harde now.
    Tbh, after Baine I think Lor'Themar is Vol'Jins biggest ally among the racial leaders. Vol'Jin helped him with his Troll problem back in Wrath and I think he and Vol'Jin pretty much have the most in common. They have been thrust into a position they do not like. And they are just trying to do what's best for their people. Sylvanas has always been a loose cannon, and I expect some interesting from that in the future. Goblins just go with whomever is paying the bills.

Deleted
    I think a lot people dont like him because he isnt saurfang.

Deleted
    Vol'jin is a shit warchief..

Takes years to release his people from bloody naga and murlocs.. I mean.. Murlocks.. And he only did it with outside help..

At any other point all he did was pretty much stand there and look ugly..

Asside from gathering a couple of ppl that were alredy pissed at garrosh he did nothing.. He didnt even do ANYTHING during the siege..

Also he licked the aliance boots for help in the siege..

If i could follow the warlords in WoD i wouldnt think 2 times..

Yeah ppl that hate Vol'Jin are totaly a minority..

Thrall should always be warchief, Saurfang is the only other person Ill accept, he would have been an awesome "surprise pick" but he's been gone since wraith.

I am Forsaken and while I am with the Horde, I'm backing Sylvanas in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    originally he didnt beg for the alliance help in 5.3 but the alliance bitched about what he said so blizzard changed it to making him beg.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    He snitched on the Zandalaria.
    He QQ'd about Thrall over looking him for Warchief.
    He questioned Garrosh.
    He ran to The Alliance when he could have challenged Garrosh for the mantle of Warchief.

Vol jin is a pansy and I hope Garrosh kicks his ass like he did Cairne and that tree hugger.
    anyone with a brain knows garrosh would have cheated in that duel. garrosh has no honor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ssjgohan4life View Post
    Thrall should always be warchief, Saurfang is the only other person Ill accept, he would have been an awesome "surprise pick" but he's been gone since wraith.
    thrall didnt want the warchief position back and everyone complained when mezten even hinted at thrall becoming warchief(before the expansion was even out) again after they turned Thrall into piece of shit Go'el.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Rexxar will be a great Warchief, but I want Vol'jin to actually try and if he doesnt want it he can bring Rexxar, Nazgrel, and well known Horde members back.
    For the Horde!

Well, let's see.

1.) He's a troll. Trolls are weak.

Exhibit A: They needed help from Thrall to even survive. They were too weak to properly defend themselves from the humans and murlocs.
    Exhibit B: Needed help from Rexxar and other just to escape from Daelin Proudmoore forces.
    Exhibit C: They can't do anything by themselves. Need help from the Horde to secure a few islands. Need help from Baine to do anything of note to Garrosh.

They. Can't. Do. Anything. By. Themselves.

2.) Vol'jin is politically weak. He might be more level-headed than Garrosh, but only has the tauren to really depend upon. Sylvanas does not care for him, neither does Lor'themar. Not the Goblin or Panda leaders. Orcs are a toss-up, Thrall might like him, but the Orcs certainly do not, for the most part.

3.) He has little idea of how the Horde really should be led. He's accustomed to Thrall's vision, and Thrall's vision of the Horde is just as flawed as Garrosh's is, and will get it nowhere. He has shown no idea of what the Horde really needs to become a force again. He is by far the weakest faction leader. It's silly to have him as Warchief and lording over every single person in the Horde.

How's he supposed to convince some of the Warlords to join his Horde to bolster his forces and have his faction become a superpower again? Who the hell is Vol'jin to this great and stories heroes? Is he going to piggy back on Thrall again and hope he does something?

Let's face it. Vol'jin sucks. It would have been a far wiser choice to introduce another young orc and build him up through CATACLYSM and MISTS OF PANDARIA, and have him become the new Warchief. Dranosh Saurfang would have been great, but they wasted this opportunity.

The entire point of the Horde is a band of races rallying around the ORCS and their massive power. The Orcs aren't even relevant anymore, and neither is the Horde, as Blizzard has shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    Voljin was the right and the unique option for Warchief.

Baine?: too young and he need more actions.

Sylvannas?: hahaha no, that b*tch no.

Lor'themar?: he had his time in Isle of Thunder and he is a good guy, but a blood elf warchief? a think not.

Gallywix?: He is a Trade Prince, not a Warchief

Tharanzu? Gamon? Thrall again? Saurfang maybe but you know Blizzard
    Baine is in his 50s...

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Voljin's story reminds me of guild drama is why I don't like him. You have the GM, Thrall, who needs to stop playing a while to focus on school or some shit, and Voljin was like his Co-GM /officer since the start of the guild. Then you have garrosh who was invited much later and only recently gained officer status, but he had been stepping up and really taking charge of shit and getting shit done, so thrall decided to make him the new GM.

Voljin got butthurt that he didnt become GM so he starts to try to lead a coup. He starts talking shit about garrosh behind his back to all the other officers and the members, trying to get as much support as he can. Then he even goes as far as to whine to the original GM that the new guy sucks and no one likes him to get him to come back to deal with all this pointless drama. So Voljin Gquits, makes his own guild, and tells everyone that supports him to gquit and join his new guild too, which ends up being most of the guild just because they're friends with the guy. Then thrall comes back and is like "oh god dammit" and tries to cleanup the shit storm voljin was responsible for and ends up endorsing his new guild and getting people moved over to it just so the whole guild doesn't fall completely apart.

I've seen shit like that happen in wow several times, and this whole voljin shit sounds exactly the same to me. He reminds me of a drama llama, which should be his race.
    Pretty convenient of you to leave out everything Garrosh did between being the gm and Vol'jin leading a coup. Good job on making a perfect metaphor.

but i never liked him to begin with...hes a seditious rebellious troll that should have been put down for threatening his rightful leader, but only because he was thralls friend it was let go. voljin never liked garrosh from the start and once the rebellion started, voljin seized opportunity and used this to get rid of him at last.

if thrall was not going to return, i wanted sylvanas to be warchief, as 1000000000000% impossible it would have been. sylvanas is the leader the horde needs, even if its the one they dont want. when the alliance pushes to retake gilneas, war will return.
    how can varian threaten the horde with destruction if they try and start war on one hand, then moves soldiers to retake HORDE land with the other? gilneas was lost by the alliance, the horde fought for it and took it. its the same thing as the horde moving on ashenvale, but the alliance is too pussy to do anything about it. exactly the reason i play horde, and always will be for them at heart, even if i do dabble playing alliance
    sylvanas will use the plauge again, there will be war again, and then the legion will come. who do you want leading the horde when that happens? a rebellious troll who never liked garrosh to begin with, then seized the opportunity to take the horde? or an immortal bitch who doesnt give two shits about how she wins, as long as it happens. shes like garrosh was before blizzard decided to use him as an antagonist, only immortal. thing is, sylvanas is safe. people like her, more than ever liked garrosh. i liked garrosh too.