Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i have lost a massive amount of games lately lol, im lik 2-14 in ranked or something. dropped 300 points boo

Every now and then I usually find a really good player who I get along with and so I'll add them after the game. It's easy to make friends in Dota 2 from my experience and generally the people you befriend will also have mates that play with them and so it doesn't take long to have a good group of reliable people who you can 5-stack with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it might just be your "rank". I've played almost all of my 1216 games solo and I have a ~51% win rate. 620 wins, 596 losses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You simply enter the game with the mentality of:

"My team will be retards and its gonna be a lose , the only way to win is if the other team has even bigger retards."

Its never "I will try my best" not anymore, its a waste of time cause i simply know it will be a bad game, it will be a stomp for either side, not a good game.

Watch hero picks, watch first items and wait 2 to 5 minutes to see the skill of your team or the enemies, after that i simply give up or get the free win cause the other side is much more horrible and they have the dude with 0-10 already.

The example of most pub games.

PA + Russian Name + 0-5 in less than 5 minutes followed by a leave.

Thats at least 3 games out of 10.

I tried captain's mode cause i hoped things would be better..They were at the start but now even captains mode is pointless.

I am also tired of idiots trying to copy some video they saw, this usually goes with OD/Invoker/Sven.

Right now, no MOBA is playable in solo queue its not only Dota 2
    Completely disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Labz View Post
    Every now and then I usually find a really good player who I get along with and so I'll add them after the game. It's easy to make friends in Dota 2 from my experience and generally the people you befriend will also have mates that play with them and so it doesn't take long to have a good group of reliable people who you can 5-stack with.
    I find that kinda although I've only ever really befriended one person in dota who I then subsequently removed when he turned out to be one of those ass holes who moans at people for the slightest mistakes. I didn't want to play with a guy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    i have lost a massive amount of games lately lol, im lik 2-14 in ranked or something. dropped 300 points boo
    I'm on an 8 lose streak after going on a win streak. It's not fun .

Deleted
    Pick mid - rape game ez pz

Quote Originally Posted by Skajten View Post
    Pick mid - rape game ez pz
    Especially if Viper or Razor it seems.

But I've seen Death Prophets solo carry a team too, especially if the other team is messy and runs into her ult a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    And then everyone else picks a mid too.

I've noticed that picking support is about best I can do when solo queueing. Everyone else is going to pick a carry anyway and two people are going to call mid. Meanwhile we wont have any wards up all game and nobody has any intention to pay for courier.
    We supports are the unsung heroes. Dazzle and Omni are my favorite heroes because Mek and their heal and maybe a gratuitous Pipe, and that carry you were trying to nuke now has an extra thousand HP. And is either straight up immune to you for 5 seconds, or straight up immune to you for 5 seconds. Hope you brought Axe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    We supports are the unsung heroes. Dazzle and Omni are my favorite heroes because Mek and their heal and maybe a gratuitous Pipe, and that carry you were trying to nuke now has an extra thousand HP. And is either straight up immune to you for 5 seconds, or straight up immune to you for 5 seconds. Hope you brought Axe.
    My supports always suck.

Always.

I've noticed that picking support is about best I can do when solo queueing. Everyone else is going to pick a carry anyway and two people are going to call mid. Meanwhile we wont have any wards up all game and nobody has any intention to pay for courier.
    Damn right!

And the worst part is those carry-picking kids with the "ME WANTZ TO PWN!!!" mindset usually suck balls at farming. It's so annoying to see that your 0-0-0 Medusa, who was free-farming for like 30 minutes, has lvl 14, brown boots, Aquila and Linken's, when you are lvl 16 roaming Lion.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and what's even more hilarious is that all Dota-related web sites are literally swarmed with "How to play support PROPERLY" guides. Where are all the "How to play carry properly" guides? Where are all the "How to recognize that you suck at farming, hence should stay away from carry heroes" guides? I don't get it.

It's almost as if every damn carry-picker, who can't be honest with themselves and can't admit they suck, says "well, we lost, because my supports sucked... I should teach them!" and writes yet another useless guide on how supports should give him vision of ENTIRE map, deward, control the lane for that lazy idiot, give him mana and auras, heal his ass, guard him on the lane WHILE ganking the other lane at the same time, setup kills for him, but never, NEVER EVER kill anything if the carry is around - and so on and so forth.

I think any game is better when playing with your friends, but I've had some fun playing Dota 2 by myself. Only if you're REALLY into those kinds of games.

Deleted
    Playing this game solo is like dragging your balls over broken glas. Only takes one bad player to shit on your entire team comp. Even in 4.5k + you have people who are last to pick and goes for 3rd core instead of a support.

If you still enjoy that element of the game. Well i recommend playing black jack as it's the same mechanic.

Cause of this i am often picking support... being the only one stuck with 3 carries and 1 mid (~ 3.5k MMR).
    I then get flamed, why i cant manage to get all wards (sentry+obs), dust, courier(+flying), mekansm, or why i go 1-5 after a few minutes because no one ever cares about me... if i try to get some money in the jungle, i get flamed why i dont help in the lane, if i stay in the lane to help, i shall piss off to not steal XP, when i try to gank (with announcement) with smoke, they dont react at all and the gank was useless...

I am so tired of this...

Quote Originally Posted by BaconBitzszs View Post
    I think any game is better when playing with your friends, but I've had some fun playing Dota 2 by myself. Only if you're REALLY into those kinds of games.
    nice 2 year necro buddy

I just pick sf/ta/qop mid every game and never look back when im solo. I tried carrying solo pubs from the offlane or as a support but its just too random on whos on your team lol. Same for hard carry, youll be AM and the enemy team will just go tripple ranged trilane and nobody is gona even help you. Then will whine omg 18 minute no bf, noob am. So yeah mid, easy win.

It's the best feeling when you beat a 5 stack, especially when they shit talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im up like 1k mmr from picking supports, it got a lot easier in 85 with the nerf to most of the mid stomper heroes that just ran away with games.

Dota 2 in a nutshell

7+ Year Old Account
    in practice, now you understand what it means to face the harsh American schoolchildren. The are unprincipled and waiting while you be vulnerable to dance on your bones
    You are to adult for DOTA 2. It`s the place where spoiled and uncompromising kids cut up adult

Good question OP.

For short term, no you don't need friends and can just que up and enjoy the odd game.

For long term I defiantly think you need a group of people you play with otherwise the constant sess pit of internet ego warriors and 14 year old spam will eventually ruin the enjoyment of the game.

The moba gaming world is like the customer service industry of video gaming.

I enjoyed it for a while when I was playing solo, but until more recently, I really can't see myself playing without a 5Stack of my friends.