10+ Year Old Account

How will Flex Raiding work in WoD?

In WoD will Flex raiding be an equivalent to "Heroic" raiding (what is currently Normal difficulty) in gear drop iLvl and difficulty? Is it going to be an option for guilds who are trying to build up to a 20man roster while participating in "Heroic"/normal difficulty raids so that they can then move on to Mythic raiding when they clear Flex?

Basically, if that wasn't clear: Is Flex difficulty equivalent to Normal, or equivalent to LFR?
    -- i7 4770k @4.3Ghz | GSKILL Trident 16GB 2400 | GTX 780ti SLI | 1TB Samsung EVO 840 | Maxumus VII Hero Z97 --

The wod normal is basically flex and heroic is normal
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

"Flex" as a term is right out, as all modes (except Mythic) have Flex technology, so to call one Flex and the other not is a bit disingenuous.

Difficulty wise, today's Flex should be on par with WoD's Normals.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're doing LFR now, you'll be doing LFR in WoD. If you're doing Flex now, you'll be doing Normal in WoD. If you're doing Normal now, you'll be doing Heroic in WoD. If you're doing Heroic now, you'll be doing Mythic in WoD. They bumped the names down a notch so they didn't have to call Flex Flex anymore since everything except Mythic is flexible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you all for the answers. That completely clears it up for me. I did not realize that all modes below Mythic would have Flex capabilities. Excellent.
    -- i7 4770k @4.3Ghz | GSKILL Trident 16GB 2400 | GTX 780ti SLI | 1TB Samsung EVO 840 | Maxumus VII Hero Z97 --