Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I will have to update and play with it more. I was experiencing the bloodlust bug too but it was already brought up so I didn't mention it. I am out of town for a few days for the holiday though so I may not get to mess with it more until sunday or later.

Thanks again for your work on this. It's nice to see people doing things for the neglected specs

15+ Year Old Account
    I may be wrong here, but no offense, Shaman enhancement rotation isn't hard enough to memorize to merit an addon that tells you what to do? My Shaman is Ele/Resto atm, but I have played and raided as Enhance..and..I just don't get the need or point to something like this? It's really not difficult haha. It's a simple priority system.

I'm not in any way saying anything negative about your addon, it's a great concept and it's nicely implemented, I just don't see why anyone would need it?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I may be wrong here, but no offense, Shaman enhancement rotation isn't hard enough to memorize to merit an addon that tells you what to do? My Shaman is Ele/Resto atm, but I have played and raided as Enhance..and..I just don't get the need or point to something like this? It's really not difficult haha. It's a simple priority system.

I'm not in any way saying anything negative about your addon, it's a great concept and it's nicely implemented, I just don't see why anyone would need it?
    When I used to play I started with Shock and Awe and then played without an addon except for Weakauras which I used to tell me when I had 4 or 5 stacks. Not sure how things work now but I assume the same.

I hope I didn't give the impression that anyone needs the addon. It's meant to provide a little quality of life increase if you're trying to output maximum DPS. You can execute a priority list without Hekili or EnhaPrio or clc or Enhancement Technique or Nemo, just as much as you can watch your buffs without WeakAuras or manage boss mechanics without DBM.

I do think this addon brings something to the table by sticking so closely to the SimulationCraft profile. You've seen posts that say: SimulationCraft says I should get X DPS, but I'm getting X-30% DPS. Why? The difference is probably execution. The addon shows you with pretty good fidelity what SimC would be doing in the same combat circumstances. Are you doing what SimC would do? Are you doing a simplified version like Noxxic's recommendations? Or are you doing something else?

Additionally, if I have to move away from doing my optimal DPS rotation to respond to something else in combat, then it's nice to have a visual to prompt me where to pick up again.

But you're absolutely correct: no one needs this addon. Thank you for the compliments about the concept and implementation.

For me this addon helped alot with the times I'm suppose to hardcast. So this had helped alot with that. I use to use Shock and Awe also for it's priority helper, I like this one alot and thank you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapulani View Post
    I hope I didn't give the impression that anyone needs the addon. It's meant to provide a little quality of life increase if you're trying to output maximum DPS. You can execute a priority list without Hekili or EnhaPrio or clc or Enhancement Technique or Nemo, just as much as you can watch your buffs without WeakAuras or manage boss mechanics without DBM.

I do think this addon brings something to the table by sticking so closely to the SimulationCraft profile. You've seen posts that say: SimulationCraft says I should get X DPS, but I'm getting X-30% DPS. Why? The difference is probably execution. The addon shows you with pretty good fidelity what SimC would be doing in the same combat circumstances. Are you doing what SimC would do? Are you doing a simplified version like Noxxic's recommendations? Or are you doing something else?

Additionally, if I have to move away from doing my optimal DPS rotation to respond to something else in combat, then it's nice to have a visual to prompt me where to pick up again.

But you're absolutely correct: no one needs this addon. Thank you for the compliments about the concept and implementation.
    Excellent post! Very good points to why it could be helpful even though the previous poster said it really isn't needed. Yes I agree, enhance rotation isn't hard, but you do get distracted sometimes and if you mess up, here and there, by the end of the fight, you could lose out 5-10k dps.

Anyways, this looks, awesome, can't wait to try it home later tonight. Looking forward to your great work. Thanks again!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    hi Kapulani. i found this week this addon and it has helped me alot but i've a problem :c i was using the revision r7, and that was fine, a bit of lag while in an open environment, then i decided to look in your page about if it was a issue or not, and tada! i foud another 13 revisions! then i saw revision20 status alpha, i down loaded and tested it, and i got, but my frame rate is droppping a lot ( 60fps to 10fps) but that happens when i do a spell and also the games freezes for like a half of second per skill executed, i know that is alpha version but if you can check that issue it would be great.

and thx a lot for this addon. helps a lot to remember things. and srry about my english .

kainono, I am working on reducing the CPU load from this addon. There will also be a minor fix that will do away with the engine firing faster when you are casting spells (this probably accounts for the lag). In the meantime, if you are using r20, you can lower the "Updates Per Second" to cause the priority display to update less often. I will have some fixes out in the next couple of days, though I have started working on the Elemental module which I will want to put in working order before making additional changes. Watch for more updates, and thanks for your patience!

I downloaded your addon but its not showing up. I am able to bring up the configuration panel for it and I made sure it is set to "always show". Any other advice to help me make it work? thx!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jrush71 View Post
    I downloaded your addon but its not showing up. I am able to bring up the configuration panel for it and I made sure it is set to "always show". Any other advice to help me make it work? thx!

Choose the enhancement module if u have Enhancement in first or second page of skills.

jrush71, Coldbeer's advice is solid. If you logged in as a different spec, the Enhancement module may not be selected. Also, make sure you're using a recent alpha version (r20, for instance). There was another issue in an earlier build that would prevent the addon from loading correctly.

In r22, I've added an Elemental module, corrected some minor issues, and made some additional tweaks to reduce CPU load. Give it a shot. Let me know if you find errors/issues. I'm not 100% happy with the Elemental module (especially the cooldown recommendations), but it's pretty good overall.
    Last edited by Hekili; 2013-11-30 at 02:41 AM.

I tried it out for the heck of it, rather nice. Helps people prep for a general rotation until they can get it down.

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the feedback so far. I made some more tweaks since the last beta release. As of r25, the Elemental module is based off of Tickletotem's guide on TotemSpot rather than the SimulationCraft profile. It seems a bit better.

Other updates:

* It is possible for a person to try to summon a Primal Fire Elemental while a Primal Earth Elemental is still active (or vice versa). Unfortunately, they immediately kill each other. So I don't recommend that.

* No longer check for combat time when recommending a potion. If the potion is off CD and you want to use CDs, it will show up (unless you have Show Consumables unchecked or you've filtered Virmen's Bite / Potion of the Jade Serpent).

* Spiritwalker's Grace is only recommended in Enhancement single target if you've talented for Elemental Blast. Otherwise, you'd never need it. (I personally just filter Spiritwalker's Grace by name, anyway.)

* Earth Elemental Totem is still in the regular rotation, but won't be recommended unless Fire Elemental Totem is on sufficient cooldown. We don't want Earthy to delay Fiery.

* Stormlash Totem will now be recommended after 5 seconds of combat, instead of waiting for Bloodlust or 1 minute.

I've posted the priority lists on CurseForge in case anyone wants to review/critique. I would definitely need more guidance on the Elemental priorities than the Enhancement. And if you discover any bugs, find any errors, etc., please let me know!

Im noticing with the new update it constantly wants me to put up Flame Shock all the time rather than use Earth Shock, whether i have the buff from UF or not.

Edit: Im an idiot, apparently when i was testing it i didnt notice the two piece basically constantly putting up the fire buff. Althought its not waiting every other time which i thought you're suppose to cast Flame Shock every other time you UE.
    Last edited by Buddahpal; 2013-12-03 at 12:58 AM.

Deleted
    Noticed that on r25-Elemental module you hadn't added the support for Elemental Blast? UF works great, didn't bother testing with EM/AS.

Good, Jesmam, an Elemental player!

Elemental Blast is in and should show up if you have it talented. Per my write-up, it was in (#7, single-target). It should show up after Lava Burst in terms of priority. If I had to guess, I'd say you probably have "Show Talents" unchecked on your "Cooldown Filters"... I should probably move that option to "General Filters" or properly limit it to the cooldowns list. I'll add that to my to-do list for r27. (r26 is up as an Alpha version, and includes profiles/dual-talent spec support.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapulani View Post
    Good, Jesmam, an Elemental player!

Elemental Blast is in and should show up if you have it talented. Per my write-up, it was in (#7, single-target). It should show up after Lava Burst in terms of priority. If I had to guess, I'd say you probably have "Show Talents" unchecked on your "Cooldown Filters"... I should probably move that option to "General Filters" or properly limit it to the cooldowns list. I'll add that to my to-do list for r27. (r26 is up as an Alpha version, and includes profiles/dual-talent spec support.)
    Ah yes you are correct, sir! For some reason it didn't show up the first time I tinkered with the settings. Now after changing specs back and forth it does indeed appear there. I'll keep using this addon and report back to you if I come across any hiccups/bugs etc.

Thanks, Jesmam. I'm going to put out a new beta patch later tonight that will have fixes in place. Cooldown Filters will apply only to cooldowns, and Show Talents will be moved down to General Filters.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post

Ive been playing Enhance for an extremely long time. Varying degrees of difficulty nowadays but I even still have Shock and Awe placed discreedtly. Especially during Heroic Raiding. Its great to have there after a huge clusterfuck of things happen to glance up and see where you are.

The downside to these addons is they dont teach you to make decisions ie. Stormstrike is less than a GCD away from coming off CD but the addon tells me to use Earth Shock.

They are a handy tool but not something you should rely on. As long as you use it sparingly I dont see the issue.