Best raids for gold?

What raids are the best to do to make some income on? I have a few in mind but don't know where to start.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sadly this is no longer possible. After they changed how the gold amount is distributed per player a year or so ago, you get basically nothing from raid bosses. It blows.

The ones that can drop pets, especially the pets that are annoying to get. Last boss in Kara (blocked by chess event), last boss in Coilfang and twins in AQ40 are good bosses to farm for their pets.

There's very little of value apart from pets. Gold drops are 10 gold or lower per boss and that only leaves vendoring. Frostweave Cloth fetches a decent price on the AH, but don't bother with Netherweave.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still get plenty selling off epics to the vendors (not sure how much you could get DEing them), WotLK 25 man content drops tons of purples for your vendoring joy and a lot of it is soloable for a lot of specs in any sort of reasonable gear.

I find max to be pretty decent. Easy as hell(545 windwalker) and vendoring the drops goes really well. Uld is still a bit tougher and takes a while longer.
    If you can get a decent healer then 10n Firelands is really good too, provided you both know what you are doing(spider boss is only real challenge). We usually take one more DPS to Firelands and still get a fair amount of coin each.

I'd think selling heroic SoO titles/gear/mounts would be the best gold.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Find out what cloths and enchanting materials sell the most on your server and farm the raids where they can drop. On my server, WotLK materials sell for a fair amount so I go and clean out Naxx which also has a chance to drop various pets and awards some fairly decent loot to sell.

Takes barely any time to do.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Pretty much raids that drop crafting mats that are not commonly sold in the AH anymore. There'll always be people with deep pockets but too lazy to farm mats on their own. Raid bosses don't drop a lot of gold anymore after Blizzard changed the drops so pretty much just vendor trash and epics you don't need.

It's not really efficient anymore, no more big piles of gold per boss. I'd recommend the pets, particularly from Raiding with Leashes II (the part I pets are easier to come by but may still be worth something on your server).

If you want gold I recommend farming, profession CDs or something. Pssst - tailoring bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    The ones that can drop pets, especially the pets that are annoying to get. Last boss in Kara (blocked by chess event), last boss in Coilfang and twins in AQ40 are good bosses to farm for their pets.

There's very little of value apart from pets. Gold drops are 10 gold or lower per boss and that only leaves vendoring. Frostweave Cloth fetches a decent price on the AH, but don't bother with Netherweave.
    Not entirely true, a friend of mine ran around Outland doing dungeons and made several hundred just from vendoring everything. Won't make you mega rich, but it is something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    Pretty much raids that drop crafting mats that are not commonly sold in the AH anymore. There'll always be people with deep pockets but too lazy to farm mats on their own. Raid bosses don't drop a lot of gold anymore after Blizzard changed the drops so pretty much just vendor trash and epics you don't need.
    If you want to farm old mats dungeons are probably better than raids. Like go into Dire Maul north, kill all the dogs near the front door and skin 'em, pretty profitable. Stratholme runs can get you a nice pile of ench mats that used to sell nicely (and you might even get the mount).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

i play on an rp realm tons of gold to be made by them players who just want transmog out of old content but can't solo it due to lack of skill/interest/lowlvl etc etc

Deleted
    Firelands 25 is a good place to farm gold each week, i received 20g+ per boss while i was in a 20man raid, that means 400g+ per boss, so the fewer ppl in your raid the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytheria View Post
    Firelands 25 is a good place to farm gold each week, i received 20g+ per boss while i was in a 20man raid, that means 400g+ per boss, so the fewer ppl in your raid the better.
    in a full 25 man raid of heroic BWD and BOT I was getting over 120g a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Cytheria View Post
    Number of people in the raid makes no difference, you only receive one person's share now, not the whole kitty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarodan View Post
    i play on an rp realm tons of gold to be made by them players who just want transmog out of old content but can't solo it due to lack of skill/interest/lowlvl etc etc
    Most raid gear is BoP though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Most raid gear is BoP though.
    You can sell carry runs just the way people do for the top tiers though.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760