Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    ilvl, how DOES it work?
    Well, generally it gets bigger over time if you apply yourself. It also can tend to mask incompetent play if you can stack it high enough. I would say that a fully heroic geared player could compensate for a ton of bad on timeless isles, but then unless they paid for the runs that got them the gear just the matter of them having it kind of negates any theory that they were bad in the first place. So what is your point?

That I as an under geared raid tank over gear current content?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    solo Cinder
    Neither can petless casters, Water Elementals can't hold aggro, he will come straight for you. Cinder is a domain for only Warlocks, Hunters and Shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Well, generally it gets bigger over time if you apply yourself. It also can tend to mask incompetent play if you can stack it high enough. I would say that a fully heroic geared player could compensate for a ton of bad on timeless isles, but then unless they paid for the runs that got them the gear just the matter of them having it kind of negates any theory that they were bad in the first place. So what is your point?

That I as an under geared raid tank over gear current content?
    No it means that the game is only "easy" for you because you overgear the content otherwise you need to be having a difficult time because the game is just that hard for you and you are obviously incapable of killing anything "the right way." God fucking forbid you kill a mob?! OUTGEARED

Kill it as naked level 89 or you didn't "earn" the kill. /thread.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    You're getting a bit tiring Mr. "Melodrama" obviously the game is difficult and anything that's easy really means you have too much item level as you have repeated at least 15 times ITT.

Hell anything that's easy REALLY means "do it at level 88 get on my fucking level bitch" right??

/cough.
    yeah. my last three toons hit timeless isle at level 87. Blood dk, combat rogue, and ele shaman. They ALL farmed snakes, yaks, and pink flamingos while jumping in rare elite kills while waiting for ques.

You're getting a bit tiring Mr. "Melodrama" obviously the game is difficult and anything that's easy really means you have too much item level as you have repeated at least 15 times ITT.

Hell anything that's easy REALLY means "do it at level 88 get on my fucking level bitch" right??

/cough.
    Sorry, there is zero relevant discussion to be had about any aspect of the games difficulty when you outgear said content by such a significant amount.

'lol, sunwell was never hard... I solo that weekly'. That's how dumb it sounds.

yeah. my last three toons hit timeless isle at level 87. Blood dk, combat rogue, and ele shaman. They ALL farmed snakes, yaks, and pink flamingos while jumping in rare elite kills while waiting for ques.
    Your 87's outgeared it. /thread.

LOL. you should post more or at least I should look for more of your posts to read. I LOL'd for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naw obviously those classes are far too OP as they currently are. Better get on the horn to Blizzard and suggest they nerf them.

LOL. you should post more or at least I should look for more of your posts to read. I LOL'd for real.
    Appreciated I don't always agree with everyone on every topic, for sure, but I've began to really open up my mind to different views here.

That said, "there is zero relevant discussion" to be had when the isle is obviously really hard, anyone who disagrees must outgear it - that or play the right class, or be level 87 instead of level 86, or be good at the game, because those people don't count anyway.

And when people who think that the isle is hard because OMG MOB HITS HARD when in reality nothing hits hard unless it's a long avoidable move that people just fail at sidestepping. The isle isn't a cakewalk for sure all the time, but I have to question whether people who can't actually name the mob abilities deserve an opinion on how "hard" it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    umm.... how are you dying? I didn't think it was hard at all.
    This. I literally stealthed my way to ilvl 490 on my rogue, who had been neglected since Mogu'shan wing 3 opened on LFR, only breaking stealth to loot chests, buy daggers, and throw shuriken at rares (and looting the rares). On my warrior, I can pretty much tank anything they throw my way, and so can my core hound on my BM hunter. That being said, in short bursts the Isle can be fun. I just get bored of it quick and find something else to do, usually hunt rares or roleplay.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Appreciated I don't always agree with everyone on every topic, for sure, but I've began to really open up my mind to different views here.

That said, "there is zero relevant discussion" to be had when the isle is obviously really hard, anyone who disagrees must outgear it - that or play the right class, or be level 87 instead of level 86, or be good at the game, because those people don't count anyway.

And when people who think that the isle is hard because OMG MOB HITS HARD when in reality nothing hits hard unless it's a long avoidable move that people just fail at sidestepping. The isle isn't a cakewalk for sure all the time, but I have to question whether people who can't actually name the mob abilities deserve an opinion on how "hard" it is.
    you know, that brown thing on the ground ability? the one that just appears out of nowhere and one shots me. the one that the mob doesn't have an abnormally long cast bar before it even becomes damaging. you know, that one? whatsit called?

oh wait. guess there is a cast bar. and guess I could easily step one inch to either side when he does it, but yeah, that really really hard ability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Naw obviously those classes are far too OP as they currently are. Better get on the horn to Blizzard and suggest they nerf them.
    but, my pally has already been nerfed. please no.

Deleted
    you know, that brown thing on the ground ability? the one that just appears out of nowhere and one shots me. the one that the mob doesn't have an abnormally long cast bar before it even becomes damaging. you know, that one? whatsit called?

oh wait. guess there is a cast bar. and guess I could easily step one inch to either side when he does it, but yeah, that really really hard ability.
    Blazing Blow has a 1.5 cast time (1.0 sec with Eternal Kiln active), that is way too fast for the common peasants in WoW. It is also faster than nearly all raid boss abilities in normal modes. Are you really surprised they're dieing left and right? Timeless isle just isn't meant for the LFR heroes.

Deleted
    What is hard ????
    Pet ftw i kill 2-3 of klinmasters at same time

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I have something to do waiting for WoD; take all my alts to Timeless so they can earn their keep.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post
    Cinderfall approves of this thread. May he continue to cause large amounts of repair bills for melee players!
    Dumb melee players. I just tag him with a ranged attack and afk till he dies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    Dumb melee players. I just tag him with a ranged attack and afk till he dies.
    What if you're alone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post
    Cinderfall approves of this thread. May he continue to cause large amounts of repair bills for melee players!
    Mostly definitely and you don't need to get that close.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    LoL ~~ timeless isle a challenge? Not sure what you're doing wrong. Timeless isle is a face roll zone to catch up your gear so you can jump into LFR. There is nothing difficult on the island.
    I have NO problem with my Pally in 550 Ret Gear, I die constantly with my Shadow Priest in 496 gear.

Don't be such a jackass.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

I signed up to mmo-champion after about 5 years of reading daily to respond to this thread.

Timeless Isle is the most difficult outside content current available in wow. That is a fact.

You can go to any other zone in the game at current gear level and pull about 10 to 20 mobs and aoe them all down and come out at full HP.

Timeless Isles you can't.

That means it is more difficult. The End.

..and if for some reason I am missing something. What equals difficulty in the eyes of those saying it isn't? I am at a loss as to how anyone can say that this isn't the most difficult solo outdoor content in WoW. Which is what the OP was referring to.

Sure, I can solo it fine on my 548 Warrior. but is is still more DIFFICULT than anywhere else I can go in WoW right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Blazing Blow has a 1.5 cast time (1.0 sec with Eternal Kiln active), that is way too fast for the common peasants in WoW. It is also faster than nearly all raid boss abilities in normal modes. Are you really surprised they're dieing left and right? Timeless isle just isn't meant for the LFR heroes.
    f blazing blow, wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the only thing they did ... its the only thing there I cant mindlessly kill while half afk if I decide to do rep ... unless of course im on my hunter, then I can afk through everything there ;p