Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

4 months till new models become live?

What do you reckon? Do you think they will appear in the pre WoD patch? (similar to the world change in Cataclysm) or do you think we will get them at different times throughout WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think, it is one of the biggest features of new expansion, therefore I do not see Blizzard releasing it as a patch.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

I think they may try to tbh.

Hopefully they would want everyone to be running around in the shiny new content with shiny new models/animations.

i expect the new expansion in April to mayish.
    anyone they are trying for all at once but if they cant(which i expect). its going to be patch by patch. like 2-3 models in 6.0, 1-3 models in 6.1, etc
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

It will go in with the pre-expansion patch for the ones ready for launch. That's my guess.

it's probably the only expansion selling point. they wont give them away before the xpac is live.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    it's probably the only expansion selling point. they wont give them away before the xpac is live.
    Good point. It's not as if anyone cares about the new levels, continent, Garrisons, story, pets, mounts, items, dungeons and raids. >.<

Gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Deffry View Post
    I think, it is one of the biggest features of new expansion, therefore I do not see Blizzard releasing it as a patch.
    They'll be in the pre-expansion systems patch, so yes, technically they will be released in a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    It will go in with the pre-expansion patch for the ones ready for launch. That's my guess.
    I would expect whatever models we get at the start of WoD to be released here. At BC they said that throughout the course of WoD models would be rolling out as they're done. I'd expect Dwarf/Gnomes/Orc/Tauren (Or Undead, Or both AND another Alliance race) in 6.0.1's pre-patch. I'd expect another set of models each patch, filler or not. I will be somewhat pissed if they decide to release models as they're finished and it ends up being Dwarf/Gnome to Orc/Undead/Tauren/Troll (As we've been told Troll was in the works at BC, as well as seeing Tauren and UD concepts) by say 6.1, but that's another bridge to deal with later.

Deleted
    So was the world change. New Models isn't actually an expansions feature per say, anybody without WoD will access them. So it won't affect WoD sales at all

There's no way in hell they can get away with releasing them through patches seriously who would be fine with that? They've advertised two " grand " features for WoD and for one of them not to go live when the expansion ships out I foresee mass anger we've got no new races, no new classes, no new battlegrounds to look forward to so for Blizzard to tell us that they'll patch them at a later date is unacceptable really.

Deleted
    I agree, releasing 2 new models every 4 months will cause mass QQ. Better to release them all at once rather than in dribs in drabs. Imagine having to wait 8 months whilst your friend is running around all shiny

Deleted
    I can see them bringing it out pre-WoD, then any clean ups they can put in the WoD patch

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    You've really got you head up your arse, haven't you.

prolly the only feature that will be released before the expansion is the item squish, since its a pretty huge change they will give u the month before release to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I agree, releasing 2 new models every 4 months will cause mass QQ. Better to release them all at once rather than in dribs in drabs. Imagine having to wait 8 months whilst your friend is running around all shiny
    I'm more concerned about when Draenei are meant to be worked on. As we're having an expansion of Draenei and Orcs, having a new wonderful orc model while enduring the old and drab Draenei model is going to be depressing. OMG HORDE BIAS QQ. I get the Vanilla races should be a priority, but you have to admit if this is the Draenei's expansion, they really need the model update sooner than say Nelf or Human.

I'm worried they may wait for all models to finish before opening beta

The revamping of Lvl1-60 zones was a big feature of Cataclysm, and it was released in the pre-Cataclysm patch.

I expect whatever models they choose to release at launch will be implemented in the pre-WoD patch.

They said they will be released over time, one by one as they are ready. They will be released over many patches, even pre-WoD patch if they are 100% finished.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    I'm more concerned about when Draenei are meant to be worked on. As we're having an expansion of Draenei and Orcs, having a new wonderful orc model while enduring the old and drab Draenei model is going to be depressing. OMG HORDE BIAS QQ. I get the Vanilla races should be a priority, but you have to admit if this is the Draenei's expansion, they really need the model update sooner than say Nelf or Human.
    Well Blood Elves & Draenei already have higher polygons than Vanilla races. I wouldn't expect a blood elf/draenei update till after WoW