Thread: Night Elf Model

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Night Elf Model

Can we expect them to look like this, almost?

10+ Year Old Account
    They will look better :P
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

hope not.
    look at the proportion of the hands and the gnarly feet on miss thing there.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

no because those models still use the old skeleton and animations.

our models will look like a bajillion times better because the faces wont look like muppets when they talk
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Texture quality will be better and the models will be more detailed. Plus the models you posted use the old night elf skeletons and animations, whereas the new ones will be rebuilt skeletons with more bones with reworked and more intricate animations.

If NE Males will really look like that Illidan model, I'm bringing my NE Hunter back to life !!

Also Azshara's face looks amazing (2nd picture). Can't say the same thing for the rest of her body though

I was afraid my Night Elf male would end up like that last one. After watching how Undead turned out, they look even worse (not in a bad way) but ugly, real, nasty, scary undead.

So I was wondering with all the faces of the Night Elf male, they look like they are going to bite your head off, all teeth and angry.
    So yeah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully not. They look like men with makeup and corsets to make the waist thinner. I have a tiny hope that they will go a bit towards the way night elf female looks in vanilla cinematic - that's when I fell in love with the game - when I saw her there - especially, considering how (imho) they made male dwarf look much more like the vanilla cinematic dwarf hunter
    Last edited by Snaige; 2013-11-22 at 12:49 PM. Reason: typos

10+ Year Old Account
    They will have more expressive animations, more polygons, bones, and better quality textures than those models. They will sure look quite similar to those pictures, if they remake those unique NPC models that is, but they will have better defined features than what was possible when they made these ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Hopefully not. They look like men with makeup and corsets to make the waist thinner. I have a tiny hope that they will go a bit towards the way night elf female looks in vanilla cinematic - that's when I fell in love with the game - when I saw her there - especially, considering how (imho) they made male dwarf look much more like the vanilla cinematic dwarf hunter
    If you're expecting any major changes in their posture or silhouette then you are going to be disappointed. Blizzard has said from the start that they are going to maintain the look and feel of the originals but bring them up to the level of detail that pandaren are at.

Better. The Tyrande and Azshara model actually look a whole lot like the old one, while Illidan looks cool and different. I do hope Night Elves have claws and fangs, but I doubt they'll have the former.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the major lore characters like Varian, Tyrande and Jaina will get their models overhauled so that they don't look awful when standing next to our awesome looking ones.

I mean if they don't update them we'll be able to stand beside them in raids n' stuff for the first time ever and say "You know what, I'm good looking like this." :3
    Butts.

That's the same model just with better textures. Revamping a model doesn't mean just higher resolution textures.

Tbh the female nelf mode is pretty much perfect as it is, and it's clearly the most advanced of the classic models even now. Only fix it would need is for the left arm to have wider angle as opposed to the body so the model doesn't look like it's slicing its own left leg when having a weapon equipped and standing in stealth.
    Last edited by Molestron; 2013-11-22 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    That's the same model just with better textures. Revamping a model doesn't mean just higher resolution textures.

Tbh the female nelf mode is pretty much perfect as it is, and it's clearly the most advanced of the classic models even now. Only fix it would need is for the left arm to have wider angle as opposed to the body so the model doesn't look like it's slicing its own left leg when having a weapon equipped and standing in stealth.
    They have the same skeleton but they are different models. They look very similar, they have the same animations, but just the clothes already make them a different model.

That said, the new models are far more polished than that.

They will look better, the "new" Tyrande looks better then the orginal female NE but it still lacks in body details and a better body form as you can see it on the new UD-female.
    So finally, only the eyes are looking like they could make it into the new models...
    But another topic, I would like to see Robes that look like what Tyrande and Azshara are wearing!

For the male, I would love to see they get the body proportions like Illidan.. but I'm not sure if they will do that as it looks quite different.

Deleted
    Well, hopefully they will be better, but never mind the models. I really hope they start to add in more armor like Tyrande's, I remember reading they felt robes were looking a bit tired, so fingers crossed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    I wonder if the major lore characters like Varian, Tyrande and Jaina will get their models overhauled so that they don't look awful when standing next to our awesome looking ones.

I mean if they don't update them we'll be able to stand beside them in raids n' stuff for the first time ever and say "You know what, I'm good looking like this." :3
    Yeah I am pretty sure they said they would be revisiting all the custom ingame models to fix them once each race is done, so the human and elven racial leaders should look better too.

Of the three, Varian is the only one I think looks "ok" right now (not saying he couldn't be improved, he's just the least offensive of the three atm). Tyrande's proportions are... wrong somehow. Her ankles are as big as her thighs and her hands look like they came off something three times her size. And her face is just a normal old school night elf face. And Jaina... Jaina just looks like any other human mage, just a bit oversized/taller.

I hope they make the hands smaller xD

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Only fix it would need is for the left arm to have wider angle as opposed to the body so the model doesn't look like it's slicing its own left leg when having a weapon equipped and standing in stealth.
    I'm really, really hoping they work on the attack animations and clipping of weapons, but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no because those models still use the old skeleton and animations.

our models will look like a bajillion times better because the faces wont look like muppets when they talk
    Is there a point in WoW where you actually see your toon's mouth move when it talks? Honestly curious, I can't remember a single time seeing a WoW model's mouth move besides some of the machinima style cutscenes.